Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Re: should they think of a new red dead?

Aug 8, 2012

I heard recently (it was purely rumour) that Rockstar were making a third game called Red Dead Revolution. Haven't heard anything since though. I can see RDR3 being Rockstar's next big game after GTA5. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 37 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 24, 2012

In my opinion this was one of the best if not the best games ever made and think they should definately do a sequel or some form of game to continue the series.

BSM
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 37 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Aug 24, 2012
*******************SPOILERS*********************

I would like to see a game about Jack being a little older and maybe a little farther in the future

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 37 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 3, 2012
And jack is a sheriff in a bad town full of gangs and criminals and most of the story is him as a sheriff but then something happens in the story where he is no longer a cop but he still goes after this big gang and kills them all. He is no longer a cop towards the end so you can cause crime sprees across the countryside
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 37 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I think they will, they've only made 2 games, and they made a lot of money off redemption so i thinks its very likely that they wont just let the series die. Now i dont think that the storyline will be related to redemption. If it is related and the game is still fun, then Rockstar would've accomplished something BIG. It'll be hard to continue with redemption's storyline. They might also be able to continue the story of Red Harlow from Red Dead Revolver. It would be easy to continue from Revolver if you ask me.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 37 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 37 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Hell yeah or remake red dead revolver and make it 10x better either way i hope rockstar makes another western free roam game for ps3 and psvita rockstar is the best and rdr is the best call of juarez cannot compare to a great western like rdr i would settle for a rdr remake with touch features for psvita that would be awesome id play it all day
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 37 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 23, 2012

lol, do you have any idea what punctuation is? lol, jk

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 37 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I couldn't disagree more about the story point. Personally I found myself deeply involved in the story in Red Dead Redemption. I know it sounds stupid but I actually got really attatched to John Marston and was **bleep** after everything he had to go through just to get massacred by the clowns that put him up to all his troubles. Playing as Jack gave the game a whole different feel and was really disappointing. I want to see another Red Dead game just as much as anyone else but I would be sorely disappointed to see a game revolving around Jack Marston. The prequel idea is a great way to go. I'd love to see how things led up to the story in Red Dead Redemption. I want to see John with his old gang under Van Der Linde and see how they left him for dead. Then let the story flow into how his family formed and whatever issues came to be before the Red Dead Redemption story starts. While the games ambient flow and overall mechanics are a lot of fun I seriously put the game away after having to play as Jack Marston. I ended up picking it back up to start the story over and refuse to play until Johns death. I'll keep it in a holding pattern until Red Dead returns with a new installment.

Long story short I think that the story and the characters have a huge deal to do with the success of the game. Great story-telling in a game of this style hasn't really been seen like this. I think it really pioneered a new way to look at this type of franchise.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 37 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Silverback, i cant agree with you more, John Marston is such an awesome character, now im not sure which ones better when its comes to John and Red. Red Harlow was basicly my childhood hero for video games. Even better than Master Chief from Halo. But i dont hate being Jack Marston, idk why, but i can actually like him, unlike many RDR players.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 37 (301 Views)
0 Likes