Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 16 2012
By: Ghost_Rider9000 Monster Hunter 44 posts

question about new games

2 replies 41 views Edited Jan 16, 2012

I loved Red Dead. to the point that i'm willing to start a new game. the question i would like to ask is, if i start a new game and save it in a new slot, will it affect the multiplayer? i am halfway through rank 4 and do not wish to lose that info. i dont want multiplayer stuff to be erased.

Message 1 of 3 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Re: question about new games

Jan 16, 2012

No I don't think it will affect your multiplayer character since that one seems strictly bound to your PSN identity.

Do you mean legacy rank 4? Because the regular rank 4 is reached pretty quickly. Even if you lost all your progress that wouldn't be that much of a big loss, honestly.

Message 2 of 3 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Re: question about new games

Jan 17, 2012

Starting a new game shouldn't affect your multiplayer stats. With that said, your multiplayer stats are not tied to your PSN either. I was level 43 and my old phat PS3 died so I got a slim. Had to start from scratch on multiplayer because I thought it was tied to my PSN and didn't bother to copy my saves. I'm not sure if it is tied to your settings file or something but make sure you back up everything every now and then so you don't end up like me.

Message 3 of 3 (41 Views)
0 Likes