05-25-2010 02:05 PM
Might as well throw my hat in the ring...
80 gig fat PS3
Played for a few hours flawlessly, camped in the middle of the wild, picked it up to play again and headed to Armadillo, and everything (including my character) started doing this stop motion animation thing and then I fell through through the world. Everytime I pull out a wanted poster, my character kinda just stands there looking at it, and I can't move or anything. All those were able to fix by quitting from xmb, but today I got a freeze on cutscene where the cutscene voice over played out but the video didnt, and that took a hard reset.
05-25-2010 04:27 PM
I've been getting the same problems, freezing during duels, riding around, safe houses, etc etc It pretty much just freezes every 10-15 minutes.
And my ps3 Isn't over heating & I got the 60GB launch model. The next thing Is I'm gonna try to play It using the component cables that came with the ps3, man I'm gonna miss my 1080i lol
I called Rockstar and they sent me some instructions In my email, they didn't work for me but they might work for you guys
Please run through the instructions below and see if they make any difference to how the game is playing on your system;
1) Delete the games install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the Game option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the games install information.
2) Please backup to a USB memory stick and then delete the games save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the Game option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.
3) Disable your internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the internet if using this.
4) Disable the consoles information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.
5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.
6) Delete all of the systems internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.
7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.
8 ) Once this has been done manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will prompted to reset your display settings to how you requrie them.
9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.
Once the game has started please turn off the following features:
1) The games auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.
2) Turn off the games flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.
3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.
Now try playing the game as normal. Do you experience any freezing? If so please state exactly where the games is freezing. Try to give as much detail as possible including if the sound continues to play etc.
We also need the following additional information in order to assist in finding a solution to your issue.
PS3 version (20, 40, 60, 80gb model)
PS3 Firmware version
How was the latest firmware installed (Off game disk, from PS3 network, from another game)
PS3 purchase date (nearest Month)
PS3 Controller Type (SixAxis or DualShock 3)
Free Hard Drive Space (GB)
Wireless or Wired network connection
Internet Connection Type (Cable, ADSL, Etc)
HD or Standard TV
Resolution (HD only)
Any other OS installed
Rockstar Games Tech Support
05-25-2010 04:50 PM
During the "Cannibal" mission my horse runs straight through a hill blurring everything and breaking the controls (similar to some of the earlier posts). As a result the ps3 breaks down and will not load any games. I've backed up my data and reformatted the system, which fixed the problem, only to have the same thing happen again as soon as I get into the game. Thank you Rockstar. Please FIX THIS NOW!
05-25-2010 04:58 PM
I just tried using the Composite cables and within the first 10 minutes the game freezes, the PS3 didn't even have time to get warm.
So this Is a problem hopefully Rockstar releases a patch soon, the only game that this happened to me was God Of war Collection and If you guys look more into that It was moslty the 60GB PS3 owners that had that problem so It's kinda the same thing like Red Dead except this is happening to the 360 as well.
05-25-2010 06:43 PM
Just had my first lockup after about 8 hours of playing. First the frame rate dropped to embarrasing levels followed by a slight pause, then I got dumped to the XMB.
Original 60 Gig here connected via HDMI.
05-26-2010 10:04 AM
Thanks Puppyburger, I am going to try this.
Weird you've got to delete and turn off everything from the playstation such as internet cache in order to play a game
Edit: The thing Puppyburger sent helped me for a few hours, after 6 hours of gameplay the was another freeze, I did not anything special to let the game crash.