Splicer
72 posts

Re: Red Dead Redemption freezing

May 25, 2010

i bought the game thursday the 20th. been playing it pretty much none stop on a fat 60 that stopped working then suddenly started working again a long time ago. its hooked up hdmi 1080p. i havent had any freezing at all yet but i did have a problem not being able to move all of a sudden. could move my character shoot or anything. i can still hit start and move through the menu with the joysticks, so its not my controllers. waiting for it to happen again. anyone else have this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 25, 2010

it sounds familiar. read my last two posts and when it happens again let us know.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 25, 2010

i will. it happen when i left it on pause for a long time while i ate and watched tv. couldnt move or shoot but joysticks worked fine when i paused it. i went game in the pause menu and reloaded it. was able to move again. played a game of cards in the game. when game was done couldnt move. restarted my ps3. hasnt happen yet. ill post if it does.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 25, 2010
I have suffered the same problem however it seems to be less frequent and happens to me in clumps (if that makes sence). However this is a problem that seems to be affecting all PS3's so Rockstar should short this out by patching it.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1569 posts

May 25, 2010
Just happened to me in the middle of a multiplayer game, and I just picked this up last night.
EDIT: 80GB MGS PS3 with HDD upgraded to 250GB

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 25, 2010

I have gotten serveral crashed, when I happen to get back to the XMB and One time my game froze in Thieves (something), the town east from McFarelyn's farm.

PS3 Slim, 120GB - since 19th of november, 2009.

This is the mail I sent to Rockstar Games:

Dear Rockstar Games,,null,First of all please excuse my English in the following message.,null,I have bought Red Dead Redemption on the day coming out in Europe, may 21th. When I started the game I started to experience crashing and freezing of the game.,null,The first time happened when I was in front of McFarelyn's house, at the spot where you can hitch your horse, I was jumping upon my horse and jumped when suddenly the game crashed and I got back to the Cross Media Bar (PS3 head-menu).,null,The second time was during a cut scene with Mr. W. Dickens introducing his great potion for all sicknesses and makes your eyes go faster, this time the game crashed as well and got back to the Cross Media Bar again.,null,The third time the game froze when running (holding X) in Thieves' (something), the city east from McFarelyn's farm. I was searching for the scrap for the Walton's suit, behind the first big house when entering this city, seen from the side of McFarelyn's office.,null,Besides these crashes and freezes, I also had a couple of freezes being in the main menu.,null,I have got a 120GB PS3 Slim, well ventilated in a room with plenty of air (windows are open as well) and a room temperature of 21 degrees Celsius. ,null,As far as I know I do not have any hardware issues, since I played other games hours straight, without problems.,null,The game itself has no dust or scratches, I always keep my discs very clean.,null,I hope you are able to answer why the game is crashing and freezing, perhaps I am doing something wrong. Which I cannot imagine as I did nothing special.,null,Sincerely,,Maikel Haas

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 25, 2010

j_gulliver wrote: "When I began playing Red Dead Redemption, the fan went into overdrive and the system got very overheated."

I just want to point out that my fan is NOT working that hard. Just like normal when I play other games...

And it freezes to often to get overheated!!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 25, 2010

Hi, launch 60gb here also.

Worth noting I originally played on my brothers 2 month old slim for 4 hours without a single hiccup. Worked flawlessly.

On my gen1 60gb the game can't even be classed as playable.

• Load times are a lot longer
  • frame rate is slightly worse
  • sound sync issues/looping
  • character models will fall through terrain causing the game to lock. Menu will appear red with no options/text

Not happy really

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 25, 2010

I am also have lots of freezing problems with my 60gb PS3,  Yesterday the game froze whenever I entered a cut scene,  the first time been during the intro video,  so I skipped that next try and got the same freeze issue during the cut scene at the Fort.  Most of the freezing I am experiencing is during cut scenes but it has also frozen during normal gameplay.

Today has been a little better,  I manage to get from the start of the game,  watching all cut scenes up to the point when the mission to ride the cart to Armadillo and then it freezes as I get told to drive the cart,  reloaded and then twice afterwards it locked up during the ride.

Basically at this point the game is unplayable and I am almost at the point of taking it back,  which is a real shame as I have really enjoy what I have managed to play so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

May 25, 2010

read my thread that says "FREEZING HELP!!!!" jesus....

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 387 (536 Views)
0 Likes