Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3043 posts

Re: 96% Installing... RDR now unplayable in any mode

Jun 14, 2010

Hey HD, you can reset your ps3 engine, without losing save data.

I read somewhere:

1. Turn on ps3, but hold down the power button until you hear it beep twice.

2.  Have your controller connected by usb.

3.  Use your controller to select the ps3 reset option (but be careful to choose the correct option or else you'll wipe the console clean).

You should google the related info above and this should help. 

Note: I'm not sure about these steps.

pierceSig
Message 10 of 30 (856 Views)
Wastelander
932 posts

Jun 14, 2010
PIERCE you BRICKED MY PS3!!!! AAAHHHHHHHH

LOL just kidding bro, I will for sure look this up and try it when I get off work today...

Thanks man and kudos either way...
My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 11 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3043 posts

Jun 14, 2010

I read you on that brah...lol...

The majority of the glitches and problems in this game and for that matter other ps3 games, have disappeared after I do a reset.

Also a simple reboot, turning off ps3 console from the back and unplugging it for >10 mins, has solved many of my problems.

pierceSig
Message 12 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 14, 2010

let me know if it works,because im off today and im dying to play this game with no freezing,i seriously want to start doing missions. Keep us updated please <3

Message 13 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
932 posts

Jun 14, 2010

See it's the IT side of me that says it should be HDD or disc related.

At the install point (I assume) it's only copying the files to the HDD.  so stopping at 96% EVERY TIME tells me something is up with the disc the data is being pulled from, or the drive it is being written to.

Once again i am not to hip on the install process, as simply deleting a file actually uninstalls it (unlike on a PC where the uninstall has to takes tons of files from tons of places, and remove entries in things like the registry etc...)

On the PS3 it seems like just the file being there makes it work, like downloading a demo, then just deleting the file uninstalls it...

I am going on vaca wednesday through next tuesday, so i will loan it to a friend who really wants to play it and if it installs fine for him, I will know the issue is not with the disc.

Thanks buddy!

Message 14 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 14, 2010

Sorry to hear you're having problems like this, HD.

Quick question - have you tried deleting game data from any of your other games and then reinstalling them to see if they will install successfully? I know that may sound a bit risky if you're worried you might lose them as well, but at least that might tell you if it's a problem unique to RDR on your machine, or if it's a problem with your machine itself.

Best of luck to you!

Message 15 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
932 posts

Jun 14, 2010

Good thought Phil, I will try that when i get back from vaca as well...

I DID delete some vids and music (thinking the HDD would maybe use different sectors to copy the data to)

I also deleted all game demos I had installed SINCE installing RDR.  No luck either time.

I just told a co-worker i need him to test  it for me while I am in NH... he is very stoked... I think I made his month!

LOL

Message 16 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 14, 2010

wow i hope its the disc and not your hdd,but its weird how only RDR will give you this kind of problem and not any other game,i just booted up the game 5 mins ago and it froze on me 2 times,so im still waiting to see if Rockstar patches it and if it is indeed the patch that messed up the game.

Message 17 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
932 posts

Re: 96% Installing... KILLING ME!!!!! (updated)

Jun 24, 2010

I updated the OP on this...

Message 18 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 24, 2010

HunterDadHD wrote:

Good thought Phil, I will try that when i get back from vaca as well...

I DID delete some vids and music (thinking the HDD would maybe use different sectors to copy the data to)

I also deleted all game demos I had installed SINCE installing RDR.  No luck either time.

I just told a co-worker i need him to test  it for me while I am in NH... he is very stoked... I think I made his month!

LOL

Hope you've had better luck. I logged on for a minute and saw your name pop up with RDR showing as currently being played (not sure if you were trying your install again or actually playing) last night, I think it was, and had my fingers crossed for you...

Maybe we can go through some of the co-op DLC sometime when we're both on, assuming you're able to get your system playing it again? Best of luck, man - hate it for you that it's been such a problem!

Message 19 of 30 (856 Views)
0 Likes