Jul 08 2010
By: Ibroninja Uncharted Territory 1991 posts

High Power Pistol

29 replies 74 views Edited Jul 8, 2010

Anyone else finding this gun a little irratating? I've been playing a lot of matches recently that has everyone running for the high power pistol then sniping with it. It's a fair gun and all but it's a bit overpowered.

Message 1 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Re: High Power Pistol

Jul 8, 2010

No, it's great.  I use it all the time against gang hideouts.

AmnesiaInnocent Trophy Card
Message 2 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1991 posts

Jul 8, 2010

I'm not saying it's a bad gun I think it's awesome for anything but i don't think they should be used in online matches only free roam.

Message 3 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Come on dude. Stop being a baby and get in there and fight. Can't believe you're whining about the High Power Pistol. Sow up the Hatchet Wound

Message 4 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Ibroninja wrote:

Anyone else finding this gun a little irratating? I've been playing a lot of matches recently that has everyone running for the high power pistol then sniping with it. It's a fair gun and all but it's a bit overpowered.

My favorite gun in the whole game! Best gun too. (In my opinion)

Shots fast depending on how fast you push the button, very strong.

Message 5 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4895 posts

Jul 9, 2010

I think it's pretty reasonable. In free roam, gang hideouts are made easier for CQC. In multiplayer matches, you can easily sneak up behind someone and kill them with 2 shots of most any rifle.

It's the aim assist though that makes it so strong in competative mutiplayer though. Switch to hardcore mode and you may have a bit more fun.

Message 6 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Translation of this thread: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PSN - bugcatcherjason
Message 7 of 30 (74 Views)
Wastelander
932 posts

Jul 9, 2010

It's threads like this that will make R* come out with an update that will nerf the better weapons...  Just like all the threads regarding grinding for XP caused them to (very quickly) nerf that.

Hd

My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 8 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Jul 9, 2010

HunterDadHD wrote:

Just like all the threads regarding grinding for XP caused them to (very quickly) nerf that.

What makes you think one had to do with the other?

AmnesiaInnocent Trophy Card
Message 9 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
932 posts

Jul 9, 2010

AmnesiaInnocent wrote:

HunterDadHD wrote:

Just like all the threads regarding grinding for XP caused them to (very quickly) nerf that.

What makes you think one had to do with the other?

Well... four things.

1.)  The game was released the way it was released, which they were happy with.  They would have release an immediate update to change the Xp at the start, or coded the core game differently had they had an issue with the Xp from the start, so it would seem they were ok with the original model.

2.)  If you kept an eye on the threads at the release of this game, as well as the videos that popped up all over YT... the large majority had to do with grinding, best ways to level up, how to grind SF, or TR... go search youtube for "grinding" or "best way to level RDR" and you will see what I am talking about.

3.)  If you watched the leaderboards right after the game was released, you would have seen, in parrallel with these posts and vids about grinding, we were seeing people level up and go Legendary in the first few days of release.

4.)  The update/patch they released addressed only vague issues aside from nerfing the Xp.  They obviously ended up not liking their original model, after seeing everyone leveling up so fast.

I think they wanted it to take longer to level up and keep people playing until they could start putting out DLC's (which they now are announcing at an outrageous price) and I personally think it worked...

Can I in turn ask you...  What would you think is the reason that they nerfed Xp with that  update/patch if not due to posts giving out tips for grinding?

Hd

My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 10 of 30 (74 Views)