First Son
1 posts

Re: Who would be down for Tokyo Extreme Racer 4 on PS3?

Oct 10, 2010

I would like to see the Tokyo Extreme Racer on the PS3. It would be off the hook. I Personally think that TXR is way better than GTR any day.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: Who would be down for Tokyo Extreme Racer 4 on PS3?

Oct 12, 2010

I bought Wangan Midnight(a manga-story orientated TXR racer with very simplistic tuning) for PS3. I think it's a great as racer, very similar to TXR Zero in terms of looks and feel. It even features the same roads. They could easily work this out to a proper new TXR, but it seems they're working exclusively for Nintendo now...

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Who would be down for Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4 on PS3?

Nov 2, 2010

It would be awesome. 2 and Zero were amazing games. They were kind of like a quest/rpg game fused with street racing. Finding Wanderers was great fun

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8868 posts

Nov 3, 2010

I have all the TXR games for PS2. I love them all. It would be awesome for a PS3 version. I could only imagine all the tuning options they could add and all the cars. 

They have one for 360 called Import Tuner Challenge(IDK why they changed the name) but it is only okay. It doesn't have a good selection of cars and the best thing it has for it is updated graphics, the rest of the game is pretty disappointing compared to the old ones. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Sep 14, 2011

hell yeah, if it can be done. yes i'm bumping it since i just searched.  I got every txr game on ps2, included racing battle c1gp which i had to import. Got import tuner challenge on 360.  Even making my own txr anime ^^ ( http://www.youtube.com/user/thesecsy1#grid/user/3B601E05C500E392 )

play txrd2 with g25, others with dfp.

it's been 5 years since we got a good touge game or highway game of it's type at all.  I'll take proper txr online over gt5 anyday and i'm not even exagerating at all.  Even if it's just an updated version of drift 2, c1gp or txr3

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 14, 2011

GRP: Genki Racing Project

In response to the success of their racing titles, particularly the Shutokou Battle series, Genki established a division dedicated to that genre in 2003 called the Genki Racing Project, or GRP. The GRP's first title was Shutokou Battle Online for Microsoft Windows, which tried to apply an MMO-like aspect to the existing gameplay of the series. The game and its update version were sold only in Japan but were playable from anywhere as free online trial versions (with free registration) were available for download on the game's website.

Less than two months later, the GRP released the touge-based drifting/racing game Kaido Battle, which was a rather stark departure from the Tokyo-highway-based Shutokou Battle series. Kaido Battle was followed by Kaido Battle 2: Chain Reaction in 2004 and Kaido Battle: Touge No Densetsu in 2005. All three titles were released for the PS2. Kaido Battle and Kaido Battle: Touge No Densetsu were both released in North America, under the titles Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift and Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2, respectively. By comparison, European markets received Kaido Battle 2: Chain Reaction and Kaido Battle: Touge No Densetsu, under the names Kaido Racer and Kaido Racer 2.

Among the various other adaptations of Shutokou Battle lies another unique title marketed as "Car Tuning RPG", called Racing Battle: C1 Grand Prix, which was released for the PS2 in 2005. Racing Battle departed from highway and mountain racing, focusing on real-life tracks such as Tsukuba Circuit, Suzuka Circuit, and TI Circuit.

The last Shutokou Battle game at the time of this writing is Shutokou Battle X for the Xbox 360, which was released in 2006 and is known in western markets as "Import Tuner Challenge."

In late 2006, Genki announced they would end the Shutokou Battle series, and eventually shutted down the Genki Racing Project, as a part of the cost-cutting operation

There won't be another unless we give the creators of the game feedback that we want it back

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

i emailed genki and got some reply saying thank you for supporting us, but unfortunetly we are not planning any racing games at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Aug 3, 2012

i would definately, it should be very similar to TXR3 cause 3 was awesome.

Don't take my name too personally :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 32 (821 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Aug 3, 2012

and more challenging opponents

Don't take my name too personally :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 32 (821 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Resurrect Tokyo Extreme Racer as an MMORPG. Live streets with live people crusing the highways looking for a challange.  That would be awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 32 (717 Views)
0 Likes