Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Re: Who would be down for Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4 on PS3?

Dec 20, 2009
I really enjoyed parts 1 & 2, so I wouldn't mind a 4th.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Dec 22, 2009

hugo_sm2 wrote:
where can i buy txr3?

The only place I could find it was ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=tokyo%20xtreme%20racer%203&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_trksid=p3286.c0...

It's cheap though. GameStop has Zero, Drift, and Drift 2, but not 3. Odd.

Message 12 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1593 posts

Dec 23, 2009

IDK, it's like Genki stopped making TXR games. But I do want to see the PS3 version of Import Tuner Challenge, with additional vehicles. Here's what Genki needs to do to make the PS3 version of Import Tuner Challenge:

*Add additional vehicles (Nissan GT-R (BNR35), Nissan Fairlady 370Z, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X, Toyota Corolla XR-S (2008 and 2009; North America version only, but can be used for different region servers), Subaru Legacy, Hyundai vehicles (from South Korea, such as the Tiburon and the Genesis Coupe), Proton vehicles (from Malaysia, such as the Satria GTi and the Satria Neo), etc.)

*Trophy feature

*Custom soundtrack

*Photo Mode

*Replay Mode (which can be exported for YouTube)

*Day-to-night cycle

*Weather conditions (such as snow, rain, fog, etc.)

*Online/offline free-play for players to drive around and search for easter eggs

*Point A to B races (like the one from wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, instead of using "llife bars")

*Add Hakone

*Vinyl editor when customizing

Genki is missing something that Improt Tuner Challegne needs. C'mon, Genki! Make us happy!

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 13 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Apr 18, 2010

The graphics of each sequel in the Shutokou Battle/ Tokyo Xtreme Racer series progressively improved.

Even though the reviews got insulting for fans of the series (like myself), those were games that you could play for a few minutes or all day long.  I do think that Genki Ltd. has gone out of business, meaning no forseeable titles.  Someone needs to revive the series and add a storyline.  I noticed that none of the TXR games that I've played had a story.

Who I'd want to revive the series is Rockstar Games.  This is because of their killer storylines used in the Grand Theft Auto series.  But that probably won't happen because of Midnight Club, which ain't going anywhere but upwards.  So alternatively, I pick Namco Bandai because they are based out of Japan, which is where the series originated.  Seeing a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer would be the best thing to happen to the racing genre before (or after) Gran Turismo 5 finally is released.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 14 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

May 13, 2010

What the hell?!  They released Tokyo Xtreme Racer 10 under the name Import Tuner Challenge for the XBOX 360 and never released it for the PS3!  Now that just ain't right!  The TXR series started on PlayStation.  It's only fitting that the series ends there, if it were to end.  Someone has gotta send an email to Genki, inc. and Crave Entertainment to let them know where their roots are at.  They cannot kill the series by releasing an XBOX 360 exclusive.  If anything, release it on all platforms.  That way, nobody gets left out and the series can finally be compared on console verse console.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 15 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 13, 2010

Yeah, the PS3 is the only Sony system without a TXR game. It needs one. Sadly, I never got to play TXR3 as I'm trapped with a PAL PS2 and they never imported it like the other titles.

Message 16 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 13, 2010

BTW, According to GameFAQs Drift 2 was the last TXR game to be released. They released Wangan Midnight a year later. The ingame footage looks very similar, but with cartoon characters, suggesting it's probably based around a story.

Message 17 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

May 13, 2010

Here's what I woulda done if they put me on the crew.

Add new cars

Implement a Teammate feature, will elaborate on this

Raise the AI level for more realism, will elaborate on this

Add a storyline

Add a day-to-night cycle

Add packs of drivers, elaborate

Add DLC

Increase special effects for boss opponents

Add Damage Engine, will elaborate

Add More Rivals

Add drafting and bump-drafting

Add a Massively Multiplayer Online environment, elaborate

The teammate feature will be implemented because when you play this series, you are an outsider, nobody is your friend.  The teammate feature will dynamically change this.  It will be implemented mainly for story mode, but can apply to online as well.

The AI in this series, is too easy.  How many times do you see their driving style explained in their profile, and not used?  Too many.  Raising the AI will make teams with low-powered cars have driving skills to that of a race car driver, while Bosses rely on their cars, but seldom make mistakes.  Speed King would be the most challenging to beat in this theory, since he has the fastest car.  But in the series, his car has terrible handling.  No longer, he will be able to drive on Mountain Passes.

The damage engine, is a standard for next-gen racing games.  It will be fully implemented here.  When you crash into the rear of another car, parts will go flying into the air, and the physics engine will be top notch.  Speed, distance, time, force, weight, weather, and gravitational forces will be the factors of a crash.  This will also play a role in bump-drafting.  If you crash into a stationary object, your car's rear end will lift skyward and back down, to signify an impact.  It will even be possible for cars to roll over, rendering an immediate trip to the garage.

The packs of racers will be a testament to what you'll see on the freeways in real life.  They will be from different teams, and can feature 16 drivers in one group.  This is where drafting and bump-drafting will come in.  Even though this isn't implemented in real life, it will be fully used here.  You can use these packs to quickly pass rival gangs.  These packs won't be sitting still, though.  They will be moving at 120 mph when you first spot them, and eventually raise their speed.  The pack feature will be implemented with the teammate feature.

Here's the good part: Online play.  There will be 300 players because Tokyo is so huge.  The mountain stages however, will be private rooms. Packs will be in groups of six instead of 16 to ensure that there aren't large gaps between packs. There will even be an oval race mode, a five lap race around an oval.  Drift mode will feature 4 players.  Oval mode features 28 players.

There will be a split-screen mode.

Here's the story mode:

You start off as a nobody with some connections.  You get 30 Gs to buy a new car.  After you buy this car, you put the team sticker on your car.  And any money left after buying the car goes to customization.  Then it's time to roll out with your team.  Entering at Kasumigaseki on C1 inner your team challenges a few teams that are less powerful than the Rolling Guy, which are now C1 Inner Loop's first set of bosses.  Now tuned aggressively, Rolling Guy 1 is in an AE86 that has 210 hp.  For this specific battle, you are deployed at your team leader's will.  Beating RG1 isn't easy.  If you lose half of your SP, the team leader will appear in your aid, while if the same happens to RG1, RG2 will assist him.  If both scenarios are fulfilled it will be a tag team race, with the winner at the final checkpoint being the winner of the battle.

Then you face C1 Outer Loop's Bosses after you beat some low powered teams, Galaxy Racers.  Fortunately for them, you have to fly solo.  They will be easy to beat however, as traffic becomes scarce.

After this, you face Traitor Jackknife, now more powerful than ever.  In this battle, he has the ability to drift through the turns.  Beating him sends you to the team garage.  It is at this point, that Shinkanjou has been unlocked.  You beat the boss teams and you face Dejected Angel.  Blood Hound is not the lieutenant boss under Angel because he went back to C1.  Beat Angel to unlock the Wangan.

On the Wangan is when a cutscene opens, you get challenged to a race by Speed King, who leads you to the mountains.  Once there, he leaves for Hong Kong and tells you to earn the title of Touge King.  You do this by winning the three tournaments that are held at Hakone, Rokko, and Haruna.

You return to Tokyo to defeat all enemies.  After you beat The Bloody Devil, Speed King reappears, now challenging you to a race for the crown of The Fastest of The Shutokou.  After you beat him, five ghost cars will appear: one for each stage of performance that you have obtained.  The ghosts are as listed in this order: Mad Newborn, Enigmatic Psychopath, King of Kanjousen, The General of The Wangan, and Hell On Earth.  The final ghost will literally be Hell On Earth to beat.  The weather instantly changes to a thunderstorm, and the rooster-tails will be flames.  Your car is Hell to handle on the Yokohama Bay Bridge and traffic is suddenly rush hour at night.  To make matters worse, Hell On Earth can pass through other vehicles, sending them careening into your path if you are behind him.  If you manage to beat him, The Devil Z appears.  Beating him will take some serious patience.  The final race is a race around the Tokyo Freeways.  The weather conditions are the same, sans the flaming water.  Rivals scatter when they see this battle.  They crash into each other, causing a massive pileup.  You can dodge these pileups more easily than the previous boss.  The losing conditions are falling 2640 feet behind your rival and have significant damage to your car.  Your only way to win is by finishing first, as The Devil Z is indestructible.

Beating him ends the game, unlocking the 2nd Gig mode, which allows you to try story mode again but with all the cars and money unlocked.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 18 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 20, 2010
Definitely need to make a new TXR game for PS3. I'd prefer a new Kaido Battle but I would probably try out a new Shutokou Battle if they made it.
Wisconsin Gamers Social Club
http://wisconsingamers.freeforums.org/index.php

The Xtreme Racers
http://thextremeracers.freeforums.org/index.php

My TXRD2 Blog
http://whyspyder.blogspot.com/
Message 19 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 17, 2010
DEFINITELY! I loved the ones on Playstation 2!
Message 20 of 32 (464 Views)
0 Likes