Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/21/2003
Offline
15052 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006


racing_warrior wrote:

,
,
,InfurnoASH wrote:
,
I think it's a gimmic. you need to put in 20000 to make any Vtec comparable to a pushrod.
,
 
,
Vtec to me stands for Torqueless wonder. whick IMO tourque wins the race. HP looks good.\
,
 
,
besides what year was the vette? anything between 1974 and 2000 the vette wasn't the greatest.
,
 
,
compare a Honda Civic to a Chevrolet Cobalt SS (non supercharged)
,
Compare a Honda Accord to a Chevrolet Malibu V6.

,
,
,

Correction, the C2, C3, C5. Were very powerful cars.

,

And Was this Corvette a Z06. Cause there is about a hundred hp difference there. But I still can't see a del sol with 5 g's of upgrades beating a 'Vette. Unless the 'Vette had a very slugy engine and/or he needed a oil change or something. Cause 5g's will get you anywhere from what 100-200hp?



The C4 was poweful. Atleast the special models like the ZR1 and Grand Sport.
Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)


Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/16/2004
Offline
1845 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,Tiz a cool handle wrote:
,

,
,
,racing_warrior wrote:
,

,
,
,InfurnoASH wrote:
,
I think it's a gimmic. you need to put in 20000 to make any Vtec comparable to a pushrod.
,
 
,
Vtec to me stands for Torqueless wonder. whick IMO tourque wins the race. HP looks good.\
,
 
,
besides what year was the vette? anything between 1974 and 2000 the vette wasn't the greatest.
,
 
,
compare a Honda Civic to a Chevrolet Cobalt SS (non supercharged)
,
Compare a Honda Accord to a Chevrolet Malibu V6.

,
,
,

Correction, the C2, C3, C5. Were very powerful cars.

,

And Was this Corvette a Z06. Cause there is about a hundred hp difference there. But I still can't see a del sol with 5 g's of upgrades beating a 'Vette. Unless the 'Vette had a very slugy engine and/or he needed a oil change or something. Cause 5g's will get you anywhere from what 100-200hp?


,
,
The C4 was poweful. Atleast the special models like the ZR1 and Grand Sport.

,
,
,

Depends on the year. The Crossfire were junk, TPIs had good torque but no real top end, LT1s were good (still are) and the LT4s were definately powerful.

,

Sorta bland looks somewhat compared to the rest of the Vettes though.

------------------------------------
PSN ID 1- futuresealsnipe
PSN ID 2- blue_solace

FFVIII>FFVII
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/21/2003
Offline
15052 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 14, 2006


futuresealsniper wrote:

,
,
,Tiz a cool handle wrote:
,

,
,
,racing_warrior wrote:
,

,
,
,InfurnoASH wrote:
,
I think it's a gimmic. you need to put in 20000 to make any Vtec comparable to a pushrod.
,
 
,
Vtec to me stands for Torqueless wonder. whick IMO tourque wins the race. HP looks good.\
,
 
,
besides what year was the vette? anything between 1974 and 2000 the vette wasn't the greatest.
,
 
,
compare a Honda Civic to a Chevrolet Cobalt SS (non supercharged)
,
Compare a Honda Accord to a Chevrolet Malibu V6.

,
,
,

Correction, the C2, C3, C5. Were very powerful cars.

,

And Was this Corvette a Z06. Cause there is about a hundred hp difference there. But I still can't see a del sol with 5 g's of upgrades beating a 'Vette. Unless the 'Vette had a very slugy engine and/or he needed a oil change or something. Cause 5g's will get you anywhere from what 100-200hp?


,
,
The C4 was poweful. Atleast the special models like the ZR1 and Grand Sport.

,
,
,

Depends on the year. The Crossfire were junk, TPIs had good torque but no real top end, LT1s were good (still are) and the LT4s were definately powerful.

,

Sorta bland looks somewhat compared to the rest of the Vettes though.



Yeah, even the Firebird looked alot better than the Corvette C4, imo.
Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)


Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2005
Offline
2232 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 14, 2006

,
,
,Evolution wrote:,

i never defended the delsol, never have(besides saying I have respect for that driver, becuase most hondas turn out to be ricers, which really isnt defending at all). I;ve probably defended the vette more in this thread than anything.

,

Being, well, as you say "a teenage smart ass" is much better than a grown man arguing on the internet, trying to impress cyber buddies, or something. You have no one to impress here.

,

I just think there shouldnt be any defending at all, becuase all I have to say, is that a del sol can beat a vette, its not like that is forbidden. The more and more you go into the corner, the more outrageous every vette defender's statements go, with **bleep** like "He was racing on 1 wheel" or "He was parked" I mean really, how dumb is that? I dont think a corvette driver would just hand the race over to a del sol anyway. If he had only 1 wheel, he wouldnt even be there, and he wouldnt just sit there as a del sol races to the finish, a corvette owner would have a little more sense than that, I mean, someone that dumb would be better off riding in a short bus, not a vette.

,

I think defending a corvette with these outrageous defences is only making the corvette look bad, and its getting worse the more and more you go on. It lost a race, who cares, you dont have to argue or complain. For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it, I dont even think the guy who made this thread even knows. I just think this thing should be put to bed, because we do not have cold hard facts here. We have no proof of what kind of power both cars had.


,
,
Okay then your not paying attention then are you? This post is about a del sol with 5K, not 20K. That is part of the premise, so drop that del sol could have won and we dont know anything crap. We know that the del sol at 5k in mods max and that means we know that it's at 170 lb/ft of torque or so which means it's losing to a STOCK vette. We do know roughly what kind of power each car has since there is a limit you can do with 5 grand.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/03/2004
Offline
8868 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 14, 2006

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote: ,

i never defended the delsol, never have(besides saying I have respect for that driver, becuase most hondas turn out to be ricers, which really isnt defending at all). I;ve probably defended the vette more in this thread than anything.

,

Being, well, as you say "a teenage smart ass" is much better than a grown man arguing on the internet, trying to impress cyber buddies, or something. You have no one to impress here.

,

I just think there shouldnt be any defending at all, becuase all I have to say, is that a del sol can beat a vette, its not like that is forbidden. The more and more you go into the corner, the more outrageous every vette defender's statements go, with **bleep** like "He was racing on 1 wheel" or "He was parked" I mean really, how dumb is that? I dont think a corvette driver would just hand the race over to a del sol anyway. If he had only 1 wheel, he wouldnt even be there, and he wouldnt just sit there as a del sol races to the finish, a corvette owner would have a little more sense than that, I mean, someone that dumb would be better off riding in a short bus, not a vette.

,

I think defending a corvette with these outrageous defences is only making the corvette look bad, and its getting worse the more and more you go on. It lost a race, who cares, you dont have to argue or complain. For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it, I dont even think the guy who made this thread even knows. I just think this thing should be put to bed, because we do not have cold hard facts here. We have no proof of what kind of power both cars had.


,
,
Okay then your not paying attention then are you? This post is about a del sol with 5K, not 20K. That is part of the premise, so drop that del sol could have won and we dont know anything crap. We know that the del sol at 5k in mods max and that means we know that it's at 170 lb/ft of torque or so which means it's losing to a STOCK vette. We do know roughly what kind of power each car has since there is a limit you can do with 5 grand.
,
,

do we have proof that 5K was spent? WE DO NOT KNOW. do you even know how to read? it says "For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it", because we do not have any proof, or anything. The driver of the del sol could have spent 5K on his car, but we dont even know what was under the hood, maybe he has connections with certain people and got cheaper prices on his parts and even an engine swap, he could be a frikin goverment spy for all we know, because we dont have any major details in this thread at all besides 3: Honda Del Sol, Chevrolet Corvette, and $5000. And no one is even sure is the $5000 is true, it could have been made up, which I think it was. Like I said before, since we have a lack of facts about this race, this thread should be let go.


Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2005
Offline
2232 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 14, 2006

,
,

,
,null,

Evolution wrote:

,


do we have proof that 5K was spent? WE DO NOT KNOW. do you even know how to read? it says "For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it", because we do not have any proof, or anything. The driver of the del sol could have spent 5K on his car, but we dont even know what was under the hood, maybe he has connections with certain people and got cheaper prices on his parts and even an engine swap, he could be a frikin goverment spy for all we know, because we dont have any major details in this thread at all besides 3: Honda Del Sol, Chevrolet Corvette, and $5000. And no one is even sure is the $5000 is true, it could have been made up, which I think it was. Like I said before, since we have a lack of facts about this race, this thread should be let go.

,

,
,

If you can read you would have known that the OP said that reciepts were checked to make it a 5k in mods race. So that is part of the premise. Do you know what that mean? It means that if the honda driver spent 20k, he CHEATED. It means he's not a fast driver, he's a damn cheater. This would fall under the race was not kosher clause. God I honestly dont like resorting to this, but you are dense. Read the bloody posts before mouthing off like an idiot.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2005
Offline
4679 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 15, 2006

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,

,
,null,

Evolution wrote:

,


do we have proof that 5K was spent? WE DO NOT KNOW. do you even know how to read? it says "For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it", because we do not have any proof, or anything. The driver of the del sol could have spent 5K on his car, but we dont even know what was under the hood, maybe he has connections with certain people and got cheaper prices on his parts and even an engine swap, he could be a frikin goverment spy for all we know, because we dont have any major details in this thread at all besides 3: Honda Del Sol, Chevrolet Corvette, and $5000. And no one is even sure is the $5000 is true, it could have been made up, which I think it was. Like I said before, since we have a lack of facts about this race, this thread should be let go.

,

,
,

If you can read you would have known that the OP said that reciepts were checked to make it a 5k in mods race. So that is part of the premise. Do you know what that mean? It means that if the honda driver spent 20k, he CHEATED. It means he's not a fast driver, he's a damn cheater. This would fall under the race was not kosher clause. God I honestly dont like resorting to this, but you are dense. Read the bloody posts before mouthing off like an idiot.
,
,
EVO, your just not making any friends man.
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/03/2004
Offline
8868 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 15, 2006

,
,
,Pyro6000 wrote:
,

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,

,
,null,

Evolution wrote:

,


do we have proof that 5K was spent? WE DO NOT KNOW. do you even know how to read? it says "For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it", because we do not have any proof, or anything. The driver of the del sol could have spent 5K on his car, but we dont even know what was under the hood, maybe he has connections with certain people and got cheaper prices on his parts and even an engine swap, he could be a frikin goverment spy for all we know, because we dont have any major details in this thread at all besides 3: Honda Del Sol, Chevrolet Corvette, and $5000. And no one is even sure is the $5000 is true, it could have been made up, which I think it was. Like I said before, since we have a lack of facts about this race, this thread should be let go.

,

,
,

If you can read you would have known that the OP said that reciepts were checked to make it a 5k in mods race. So that is part of the premise. Do you know what that mean? It means that if the honda driver spent 20k, he CHEATED. It means he's not a fast driver, he's a damn cheater. This would fall under the race was not kosher clause. God I honestly dont like resorting to this, but you are dense. Read the bloody posts before mouthing off like an idiot.
,
,
EVO, your just not making any friends man.

,
,
,


oh, I'm sorry, do you consider people on the internet "friends"?... well then good for you and your "friends",  I have real friends, not cyber friends.

,

And just because the OP said that there were checked receipts doesnt mean anything. I could of said the exact thing if I was him, even if it wasnt true. If he had proof of this, besides giving us his word, then this thread would be worth arguing about, but just becuase he said receipts were checked doesnt mean that they really were. It could have been a race that just happened out of nowhere. We dont have any pictures, videos or anything besides what this guy tells us, which is basically nothing without proof. I am starting to think this is just a whole made up story, but who knows. If it was true that the delsol beat the corvette with 5K, then the vette driver must have CP and couldnt shift his car if his life depended on it.



Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2005
Offline
4679 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 15, 2006
,
,
,
,
,

I make a light-hearted joke, and you, in turn, try to insult me. It doesn't show at all that your only 15... ,

I guess you don't want any "friends..."

Message Edited by Pyro6000 on 08-15-2006 01:25 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2005
Offline
2232 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 15, 2006

,
,
,Evolution wrote:,


oh, I'm sorry, do you consider people on the internet "friends"?... well then good for you and your "friends",  I have real friends, not cyber friends.

,

And just because the OP said that there were checked receipts doesnt mean anything. I could of said the exact thing if I was him, even if it wasnt true. If he had proof of this, besides giving us his word, then this thread would be worth arguing about, but just becuase he said receipts were checked doesnt mean that they really were. It could have been a race that just happened out of nowhere. We dont have any pictures, videos or anything besides what this guy tells us, which is basically nothing without proof. I am starting to think this is just a whole made up story, but who knows. If it was true that the delsol beat the corvette with 5K, then the vette driver must have CP and couldnt shift his car if his life depended on it.


,
,
,

Okay then why are you still talking if your gonna just ignore the premise of the OP? The discussion was if a del sol with 5k in mods can beat a vette with 5k in mods...not if a modded del sol can beat a vette.

,

Your don't need internet "friends", but that is no reason to act so uncivilized. You basically called the OP a liar with no proof on your part. So you want his proof? I want yours that says he made it up. If your gonna make an accusation, back it up.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 295 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes