Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/15/2005
Offline
5632 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 12, 2006

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote:
,
,

most of you are defending the vette and trying to say "He misshifted" or "He didn't take off right" and all that, and that only adds to my opinion from a while back that said "a better driver can beat a bad driver even if the good driver is driving a slower car than the bad driver" and no one, and I mean NO ONE agreed with me then, becuase I compared a domestic and a japanese car at the time, and now someone has come and told you that a slower japanese car just beat one of America's super machines(which I totally believe is possible), you try to defend the vette with my opinion I made a few months ago, which I am saying is most likely true and my theory from a while back is right, that a slower car can beat a faster car depending on how good or how bad the drivers are.

,

some are probably agreeing with the misshifting and bad driving by the guy in the vette, so then maybe the guy who was driving the honda should take the vette and give the other guy his del sol, becuase obviously the honda driver is a better driver and deserves a better car while the corvettes driver should go back and learn how to drive a car, and what better way than a del sol.

,

I am 100% sure if the drivers switched cars that day, the corvette would have won, becuase the driver is better than the other.

,

But in this one race, simply put, the Honda wasn't fast, the driver was.


,
,
,


A good driver will beat a BAD and I mean BAD driver regardless of machine true. But for this to be purely driver skill difference, that vette driver should not have a vette...hell he should not have a lisence. Skill of course matter, but machine matters too (actually for that matter so does road conditions). technology can off set quite a lot after all. Assuming this was due to all driver skills, then I would say that the honda driver won because the vette driver was SLOW, not that he was fast. Saying a good driver can beat a bad says squat really since with enough skill gap that becomes true, but with some machine match ups, that gap has to be big enough that the bad driver shouldn't even be driving...and this is one of those cases.


,
,
,

pay no attention to him...he's 14 and confused about life.

,

The bottom line here is either you made this whole race up cause you knew you'd get a import vs. domestic fight or that the vette was racing on 1 tire

PSN: R8_Man
Message 60 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/13/2005
Offline
13694 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 12, 2006


r8man wrote:

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote:
,
,

most of you are defending the vette and trying to say "He misshifted" or "He didn't take off right" and all that, and that only adds to my opinion from a while back that said "a better driver can beat a bad driver even if the good driver is driving a slower car than the bad driver" and no one, and I mean NO ONE agreed with me then, becuase I compared a domestic and a japanese car at the time, and now someone has come and told you that a slower japanese car just beat one of America's super machines(which I totally believe is possible), you try to defend the vette with my opinion I made a few months ago, which I am saying is most likely true and my theory from a while back is right, that a slower car can beat a faster car depending on how good or how bad the drivers are.

,

some are probably agreeing with the misshifting and bad driving by the guy in the vette, so then maybe the guy who was driving the honda should take the vette and give the other guy his del sol, becuase obviously the honda driver is a better driver and deserves a better car while the corvettes driver should go back and learn how to drive a car, and what better way than a del sol.

,

I am 100% sure if the drivers switched cars that day, the corvette would have won, becuase the driver is better than the other.

,

But in this one race, simply put, the Honda wasn't fast, the driver was.


,
,
,


A good driver will beat a BAD and I mean BAD driver regardless of machine true. But for this to be purely driver skill difference, that vette driver should not have a vette...hell he should not have a lisence. Skill of course matter, but machine matters too (actually for that matter so does road conditions). technology can off set quite a lot after all. Assuming this was due to all driver skills, then I would say that the honda driver won because the vette driver was SLOW, not that he was fast. Saying a good driver can beat a bad says squat really since with enough skill gap that becomes true, but with some machine match ups, that gap has to be big enough that the bad driver shouldn't even be driving...and this is one of those cases.


,
,
,

pay no attention to him...he's 14 and confused about life.

,

The bottom line here is either you made this whole race up cause you knew you'd get a import vs. domestic fight or that the vette was racing on 1 tire



I'm betting the Corvette was parked.

Ok, let's go to a NOPI event and take one of those "Race Ricers" and pit it against a stock Corvette , of course the rice rod will win!!!!
Facebook|Twitter
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us















GT5P TeamSpeak Server





Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What are you listening to???!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Message 61 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/11/2006
Offline
3224 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,r8man wrote:
,

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote:
,
,

most of you are defending the vette and trying to say "He misshifted" or "He didn't take off right" and all that, and that only adds to my opinion from a while back that said "a better driver can beat a bad driver even if the good driver is driving a slower car than the bad driver" and no one, and I mean NO ONE agreed with me then, becuase I compared a domestic and a japanese car at the time, and now someone has come and told you that a slower japanese car just beat one of America's super machines(which I totally believe is possible), you try to defend the vette with my opinion I made a few months ago, which I am saying is most likely true and my theory from a while back is right, that a slower car can beat a faster car depending on how good or how bad the drivers are.

,

some are probably agreeing with the misshifting and bad driving by the guy in the vette, so then maybe the guy who was driving the honda should take the vette and give the other guy his del sol, becuase obviously the honda driver is a better driver and deserves a better car while the corvettes driver should go back and learn how to drive a car, and what better way than a del sol.

,

I am 100% sure if the drivers switched cars that day, the corvette would have won, becuase the driver is better than the other.

,

But in this one race, simply put, the Honda wasn't fast, the driver was.


,
,
,


A good driver will beat a BAD and I mean BAD driver regardless of machine true. But for this to be purely driver skill difference, that vette driver should not have a vette...hell he should not have a lisence. Skill of course matter, but machine matters too (actually for that matter so does road conditions). technology can off set quite a lot after all. Assuming this was due to all driver skills, then I would say that the honda driver won because the vette driver was SLOW, not that he was fast. Saying a good driver can beat a bad says squat really since with enough skill gap that becomes true, but with some machine match ups, that gap has to be big enough that the bad driver shouldn't even be driving...and this is one of those cases.


,
,
,

pay no attention to him...he's 14 and confused about life.

,

The bottom line here is either you made this whole race up cause you knew you'd get a import vs. domestic fight or that the vette was racing on 1 tire


,
,

How old do you think I am?? I would not make up a fictional race just to get attention on these boards. I only posted this because I was in disbelief at what I saw and wanted to know what some of you guys thought. If the race was between two evenly matched cars, and there was no front wheel drive underdog, the story wouldn't have been interesting enough to post anyway. What would be so shocking about another turbo charged Supra beating another Corvette? (That was a rhetorical question.)
I reached 128-bit at 2,325 posts!!!oneone111!!

Message 62 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Offline
43266 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006
It would have been far more interesting if you had spoken to both drivers.
As it is, all we can do is surmise or guess what happened, of which neither gets to the truth.

Cheers,
Message 63 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2005
Offline
2232 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,Carmaster wrote:
,

How old do you think I am?? I would not make up a fictional race just to get attention on these boards. I only posted this because I was in disbelief at what I saw and wanted to know what some of you guys thought. If the race was between two evenly matched cars, and there was no front wheel drive underdog, the story wouldn't have been interesting enough to post anyway. What would be so shocking about another turbo charged Supra beating another Corvette? (That was a rhetorical question.)
,
,

Actually, we're not saying you saw wrong, but we just dont think it was quite a kosher race. Something had to have been wrong for this to happen, either the machine, road condition or one really dumb driver.
Message 64 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/15/2005
Offline
5632 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,Carmaster wrote:
,

,
,
,r8man wrote:
,

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote:
,
,

most of you are defending the vette and trying to say "He misshifted" or "He didn't take off right" and all that, and that only adds to my opinion from a while back that said "a better driver can beat a bad driver even if the good driver is driving a slower car than the bad driver" and no one, and I mean NO ONE agreed with me then, becuase I compared a domestic and a japanese car at the time, and now someone has come and told you that a slower japanese car just beat one of America's super machines(which I totally believe is possible), you try to defend the vette with my opinion I made a few months ago, which I am saying is most likely true and my theory from a while back is right, that a slower car can beat a faster car depending on how good or how bad the drivers are.

,

some are probably agreeing with the misshifting and bad driving by the guy in the vette, so then maybe the guy who was driving the honda should take the vette and give the other guy his del sol, becuase obviously the honda driver is a better driver and deserves a better car while the corvettes driver should go back and learn how to drive a car, and what better way than a del sol.

,

I am 100% sure if the drivers switched cars that day, the corvette would have won, becuase the driver is better than the other.

,

But in this one race, simply put, the Honda wasn't fast, the driver was.


,
,
,


A good driver will beat a BAD and I mean BAD driver regardless of machine true. But for this to be purely driver skill difference, that vette driver should not have a vette...hell he should not have a lisence. Skill of course matter, but machine matters too (actually for that matter so does road conditions). technology can off set quite a lot after all. Assuming this was due to all driver skills, then I would say that the honda driver won because the vette driver was SLOW, not that he was fast. Saying a good driver can beat a bad says squat really since with enough skill gap that becomes true, but with some machine match ups, that gap has to be big enough that the bad driver shouldn't even be driving...and this is one of those cases.


,
,
,

pay no attention to him...he's 14 and confused about life.

,

The bottom line here is either you made this whole race up cause you knew you'd get a import vs. domestic fight or that the vette was racing on 1 tire


,
,

How old do you think I am?? I would not make up a fictional race just to get attention on these boards. I only posted this because I was in disbelief at what I saw and wanted to know what some of you guys thought. If the race was between two evenly matched cars, and there was no front wheel drive underdog, the story wouldn't have been interesting enough to post anyway. What would be so shocking about another turbo charged Supra beating another Corvette? (That was a rhetorical question.)
,
,
,

not you EVO. he's 14.

,

And I know what rhetorical means but I'm going to answer it. A Supra is a whole different animal. I could see that beating a Vette but not a Del Sol beating a Vette

PSN: R8_Man
Message 65 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/03/2004
Offline
8868 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,r8man wrote:
,

,
,
,Carmaster wrote:
,

,
,
,r8man wrote:
,

,
,
,Cold Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote:
,
,

most of you are defending the vette and trying to say "He misshifted" or "He didn't take off right" and all that, and that only adds to my opinion from a while back that said "a better driver can beat a bad driver even if the good driver is driving a slower car than the bad driver" and no one, and I mean NO ONE agreed with me then, becuase I compared a domestic and a japanese car at the time, and now someone has come and told you that a slower japanese car just beat one of America's super machines(which I totally believe is possible), you try to defend the vette with my opinion I made a few months ago, which I am saying is most likely true and my theory from a while back is right, that a slower car can beat a faster car depending on how good or how bad the drivers are.

,

some are probably agreeing with the misshifting and bad driving by the guy in the vette, so then maybe the guy who was driving the honda should take the vette and give the other guy his del sol, becuase obviously the honda driver is a better driver and deserves a better car while the corvettes driver should go back and learn how to drive a car, and what better way than a del sol.

,

I am 100% sure if the drivers switched cars that day, the corvette would have won, becuase the driver is better than the other.

,

But in this one race, simply put, the Honda wasn't fast, the driver was.


,
,
,


A good driver will beat a BAD and I mean BAD driver regardless of machine true. But for this to be purely driver skill difference, that vette driver should not have a vette...hell he should not have a lisence. Skill of course matter, but machine matters too (actually for that matter so does road conditions). technology can off set quite a lot after all. Assuming this was due to all driver skills, then I would say that the honda driver won because the vette driver was SLOW, not that he was fast. Saying a good driver can beat a bad says squat really since with enough skill gap that becomes true, but with some machine match ups, that gap has to be big enough that the bad driver shouldn't even be driving...and this is one of those cases.


,
,
,

pay no attention to him...he's 14 and confused about life.

,

The bottom line here is either you made this whole race up cause you knew you'd get a import vs. domestic fight or that the vette was racing on 1 tire


,
,

How old do you think I am?? I would not make up a fictional race just to get attention on these boards. I only posted this because I was in disbelief at what I saw and wanted to know what some of you guys thought. If the race was between two evenly matched cars, and there was no front wheel drive underdog, the story wouldn't have been interesting enough to post anyway. What would be so shocking about another turbo charged Supra beating another Corvette? (That was a rhetorical question.)
,
,
,

not you EVO. he's 14.

,

And I know what rhetorical means but I'm going to answer it. A Supra is a whole different animal. I could see that beating a Vette but not a Del Sol beating a Vette


,
,
,


lets see, I'm turning 16 in about a month, so that makes me 15 actually, but I guess I'm 14... since you always think your right, so I must be 14, since you said I am.

,

you know, like I said before, get your facts straight before trying to be a badass on the internet, you are totally clueless. Not one thing you have said about me in the past month(if not, ever) has been true. Next time, do your homework before signing back into Playstation.com.

,

,

when my little pal isnt hankering for a hunk of cheese, he's thinking about how much of a dumbass r8man really is.

,

There are tons of videos you can find on the net of japanese cars beating american super cars like the corvette. American cars are fast, but they can loose, no car is invincible, so stop defending the corvette. Now, I dont know what the honda had under the hood, becuase I wasnt there, but if I was there, I would definately go talk to that driver, and then the vette's driver and see exactly what kind of power they both had. I'm not defending the original guy's thing saying they spent about $5000 or whatever, but I do know that $5000 can do alot for a honda, but it can bring alot more to a corvette. but if that $5000 thing is true, then the corvette owner must have spent his money on dumbass things for the car that didnt add any hp, like expensive wheels, or IDK... bodykits and whatnot, while the del sol spent it on upping the power of his ride.

,

I'm not taking any car's side here, and I dont see why anyone should. Like I said, japanese cars can beat american cars, thats a fact.

,

Remember the word CAN, that one word makes it a fact, but a word like ALWAYS would make it an opinion. This is just a little heads up for those who want to bash what they thought they read.

,

 



Message 66 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/15/2005
Offline
5632 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006
,

,
,
,Evolution wrote:
,

,
,

lets see, I'm turning 16 in about a month, so that makes me 15 actually, but I guess I'm 14... since you always think your right, so I must be 14, since you said I am.
,

you know, like I said before, get your facts straight before trying to be a badass on the internet, you are totally clueless. Not one thing you have said about me in the past month(if not, ever) has been true. Next time, do your homework before signing back into Playstation.com.

,

 

,

when my little pal isnt hankering for a hunk of cheese, he's thinking about how much of a dumbass r8man really is.

,

There are tons of videos you can find on the net of japanese cars beating american super cars like the corvette. American cars are fast, but they can loose, no car is invincible, so stop defending the corvette. Now, I dont know what the honda had under the hood, becuase I wasnt there, but if I was there, I would definately go talk to that driver, and then the vette's driver and see exactly what kind of power they both had. I'm not defending the original guy's thing saying they spent about $5000 or whatever, but I do know that $5000 can do alot for a honda, but it can bring alot more to a corvette. but if that $5000 thing is true, then the corvette owner must have spent his money on dumbass things for the car that didnt add any hp, like expensive wheels, or IDK... bodykits and whatnot, while the del sol spent it on upping the power of his ride.

,

I'm not taking any car's side here, and I dont see why anyone should. Like I said, japanese cars can beat american cars, thats a fact.

,

Remember the word CAN, that one word makes it a fact, but a word like ALWAYS would make it an opinion. This is just a little heads up for those who want to bash what they thought they read.

,

 


,
,
,

so the pierce county sheriff hasnt arrested your brother yet or tow his vehicle I guess...cause you are still being a teenage smart ass. Maybe you'll outgrow that stage and grow some balls

,

You think we're overdefending the Vette and we say your overdefending the Del Sol...so lets stop the BS and agree to disagree

Message Edited by r8man on 08-13-2006 01:22 AM

PSN: R8_Man
Message 67 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/03/2004
Offline
8868 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,r8man wrote:
,

,

so the pierce county sheriff hasnt arrested your brother yet or tow his vehicle I guess...cause you are still being a teenage smart ass.

,

You think we're overdefending the Vette and we say your overdefending the Del Sol...so lets stop the BS and agree to disagree


,
,
,

i never defended the delsol, never have(besides saying I have respect for that driver, becuase most hondas turn out to be ricers, which really isnt defending at all). I;ve probably defended the vette more in this thread than anything.

,

Being, well, as you say "a teenage smart ass" is much better than a grown man arguing on the internet, trying to impress cyber buddies, or something. You have no one to impress here.

,

I just think there shouldnt be any defending at all, becuase all I have to say, is that a del sol can beat a vette, its not like that is forbidden. The more and more you go into the corner, the more outrageous every vette defender's statements go, with **bleep** like "He was racing on 1 wheel" or "He was parked" I mean really, how dumb is that? I dont think a corvette driver would just hand the race over to a del sol anyway. If he had only 1 wheel, he wouldnt even be there, and he wouldnt just sit there as a del sol races to the finish, a corvette owner would have a little more sense than that, I mean, someone that dumb would be better off riding in a short bus, not a vette.

,

I think defending a corvette with these outrageous defences is only making the corvette look bad, and its getting worse the more and more you go on. It lost a race, who cares, you dont have to argue or complain. For all we know, the del sol had $20000 spent on it, I dont even think the guy who made this thread even knows. I just think this thing should be put to bed, because we do not have cold hard facts here. We have no proof of what kind of power both cars had.



Message 68 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/03/2004
Offline
8868 posts
 

Re: VTEC

Aug 13, 2006

,
,
,r8man wrote:
,
,

,
 
,

so the pierce county sheriff hasnt arrested your brother yet or tow his vehicle I guess...cause you are still being a teenage smart ass. Maybe you'll outgrow that stage and grow some balls

,

You think we're overdefending the Vette and we say your overdefending the Del Sol...so lets stop the BS and agree to disagree

,

Message Edited by r8man on 08-13-200601:22 AM

,
,
,


I'm also wondering what my brothers car has to do with any of this? He has a 240SX, in case you didnt know that is a Nissan, and has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about Chevrolet and Honda.

,

I think I know why you brought it up, it is because it is the only fact you can bring to the table about me, and I think that is pretty pathetic(especially when it isnt really a fact about ME). Wow, my brother owns a 240SX, and he street races, oooooo, now I guess that has everything to do with this thread since you now brought it up.



Message 69 of 295 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes