Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 28 2012
By: K-evilz First Son 6 posts

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 & Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero HD WANTED on PS3!! anyone???

7 replies 3589 views Edited Sep 28, 2012

I grew up with this game, and i lover so so so much. I always hope it going to have the 4 gen; however the creator of this game does not make it anymore. I was hoping sony or the creadtor going to relaunch the 2nd and the 3rd version of this game in HD for PS3. anyone else like this game too? or just me? This is actually the first game you can customize your car with after maket parts. I really hope I can see this 3 game again in HD on PS3. I hope sony is watching. so they can really consider about it, I missss it biggggggggggg time!!!! please keep posting so sony will notice!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (3,589 Views)
MVP Support
14369 posts

Re: Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 & Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero HD WANTED on PS3!! anyone???

Sep 28, 2012

Those games were published by Crave Entertainment, which I don't think is in business anymore.  Sony doesn't have the means, or the legal rights, to make an HD remake of any of the games. Obtaining the rights to make an HD remake of those games would probably be very time consuming, and I doubt that anyone would be interested in funding it. 

Those were good games for their time, but they didn't do anything that RockStar's Midnight Club series didn't do better, especially the third game Dub Edition.  There already is a Midnight Club game for the PS3.  You should try it, if you miss Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/midnight-club-los-angeles-complete-edition-ps3.html

It doesn't have the floaty physics of the TXR games, but I consider that to be a good thing.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (3,585 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Re: Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 & Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero HD WANTED on PS3!! anyone???

Oct 11, 2012

would rather see drift 2, but dont mind seeing 3. prefer 3 over 0, because 0 physics felt too gt4ish imo, and doesnt really offer much 3 doesnt besides fake hondas.

if they re release 3, they need to fix those translation glitches that make it unable to finish the game, and take forever to make that other rival show up. maybe an upgrade so it feels like drift 2 with a wheel. d2 would benefit if it supports the clutch and h-shifter for g25 users.  and either should have online play.

dont think this will happen since genki doesnt port games to psn, and have a new business strategy, which means making really little games, other than pachinko, and ds games. no company seems to want to license to port them over.

the closest thing on ps3 is wangan midnight, which was only available in japan, but u can import it. unfortunetly WM was nowhere near as good as anything from the txr series. I still had to get it, since it was genki's last racing game.

if u got a 360, be sure to get import tuner challenge, which is basically txr X. the reason for the name change was because crave changed it to txr, in NA, when they licensed it. ubisoft doesnt own the rights to the name and decided to name it differently.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (3,517 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2012

yeah man no other game features racing on the wangan.  I also think that dub edition's physics were kind of whack i dont like to wreck a pretty car + there portrail of the city was dum too

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (3,395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Nov 20, 2012

txrdriftrchimu wrote:

if u got a 360, be sure to get import tuner challenge, which is basically txr X. the reason for the name change was because crave changed it to txr, in NA, when they licensed it. ubisoft doesnt own the rights to the name and decided to name it differently.

This.

I bought ITC on ebay (New/sealed) for $50, and it was worth every penny to me. I have every achievement barring the online-only ones. (There is no one playing online.) I would LOVE to have a few more TXR games made in HD, but it's not very likely at this point. :smileysad:

You can find it on ebay for about $10 to $45 right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (3,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I would love another tokyo xtreme racer!!!! Hell, they can even copy the concept of these games and have a different company put it out there, like codemasters or some other descent racing brand. Would be too rediculous if the gran turismo people did a spin off on tokyo xtreme racer, like forza did with horizon. But make it a huge map of tokyo, all the main highways and side streets similar to how tdu 2 did with their maps. Satalite god*amned Tokyo and make it a legit replication. That would be greatness! But have all the customizing options in txr series!! pull up to the parking area in the nissan sittin real low. The hid bulbs shinin in my projector style headlamps,  glowing a tint of blue across the crowd that has gathered to put their money down to burn rubber around the highways. Meanwhile, others are racing down the side streets and jumping on the highway to meet up. I would buy ten copies of this game and make my friends play them!  I would buy copies of this game to use as decoration around my house just to support the greatness!! I will take a flight to the company that picks this game up, hop in whatever import they have laying around for testing purposes and throw it as hard as I can sideways at any wall they point at just to get the phsics right on!! I will go there and make coffee runs so they can stay up late and get it done quicker. Hell, I will design them some sick body kits to put on the cars!! Let's make this happen!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (3,168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 1, 2013

wangan midnight.

I have the ps3 version import, which was also grp's last racing game.

unfortuneatly nowhere near as good. it's got better graphics than every txr game, and its good for wm fans to relive the series, since it's just reliving the battles. physics are a lot more on the unrealistic side, and theres no tuning excpt replacing a few parts.

kaido 3/drift2 is still by far the best game by grp. better than all modern games as well. it amazes me how it even beats gt5 in tuning, force feedback, physics, etc in so many ways. being an old ps2 game. and it's still the only game released, that only foceses on touge driving.

I have a dream that they can make a game that combines touge roads with wangan routes. and have the infamous txr sp battles, customizaion, tuning, txrd2 physics, rivals, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (3,158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2013
last time i play t.e.r.3 it was really gr8 game tuning the cam bodykits vinyls **bleep** man where it go only they launch import tuner racer from ubisoft just for xbox360 why not for ps3 really i never saw any great racing game on ps3 untile now ps4 comes out there is many game they dont bring only initial d in japanies ... there is many games like r-tune.maximum tune .tokyo extreme racer .even midnight club .finished after l.a. what they are doing .now need for speed all series coming out useless nothing intrest in any part
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1,539 Views)
0 Likes