**bleep** you jimmie johnson
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2110 of 2,216 (6 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Re: The Unofficial NASCAR Thread 2009 - Up Next: 'Dega, Sun. @12PM on ABC

Nov 1, 2009
NASCAR really needs to start a new 'era', starting with the first chase season back in 2004. Yes, winning the championship 4 years in a row is a feat., but not as much so as with the race. Now had, Johnson lead going into the chase these past 4 years, then I wouldn't be as pissed, but he hasn't. Gordon would be a 6 time champion under the 'modern' era points system. Just disappointing how NASCAR has essentially ruined the history of the sport.
Please use plain text.
Message 2111 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Nov 2, 2009

I try not come across as a NC, backer-chawin, NASCAR conspiracy spitting southerner; so I will keep those thoughts/rumors with me.   I'm good on the last races @ snoozer tracks this year.  Just think of all the marketing you are about to see regaling the only 4 in-a-row champion in professional sports.  I wonder how long those ad campaigns have been done?

BAD Halloween, BAD.  The first picks i miss this year, but then again I don't think it woulda mattered.

Please use plain text.
Message 2112 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Nov 2, 2009
Well it looks like Johnson will win the championship again.
Please use plain text.
Message 2113 of 2,216 (6 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Nov 2, 2009
........not a bad race....my heart was broken....Jr ddint win....typical Jr.....gets my hopes up and drops them low....and i mean LOW.....at least he placed 10th.....i think he had the car to beat out their last night
"Men are not prisoner's of fate, but only prisoner's of their own mind's." --Franklin D. Roosevelt

Please use plain text.
Message 2114 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 2, 2009
well im going back to football 3 weeks earlier this year
I'm in shape, round is a shape
Please use plain text.
Message 2115 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Nov 2, 2009

thundurclese wrote:

I try not come across as a NC, backer-chawin, NASCAR conspiracy spitting southerner; so I will keep those thoughts/rumors with me.   I'm good on the last races @ snoozer tracks this year.  Just think of all the marketing you are about to see regaling the only 4 in-a-row champion in professional sports.  I wonder how long those ad campaigns have been done?

BAD Halloween, BAD.  The first picks i miss this year, but then again I don't think it woulda mattered.

Just curious as to what you consider "PROFESSIONAL SPORTS"?

I guess hockey isn't a sport because there were back-to-back 4 in-a-row champions between the '75/'76 season and the '82/'83 when the Montreal Canadians won the Stanley Cup from '75/'76-'78/'79 and then the NY Islanders went on to win 4 in-a-row from '79/'80-'82/'83. In fact, the Canadians once won it 5yrs in-a-row from the '55/'56- '59/'60 season.

What about baseball? The NY Yankees won the World Series 4 straight years between 1936-1939 and then 5 consecutive years from '49-'53.

But, none of those even come close to the Boston Celtics who were NBA champions from 1959-1966 (8 straight years).

Now I consider all of them to be "PROFESSIONAL SPORTS". The sad part, this is the second time I've had to make a post similiar to this. And you were the next poster 4½ hours after the first one, so you should've known this is nothing new in the world of sports.

No offense to anyone, just stating fact.
Just my $.02 $.01
Please use plain text.
Message 2116 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Nov 2, 2009

eulogys wrote:

thundurclese wrote:

Just curious as to what you consider "PROFESSIONAL SPORTS"?

I guess hockey isn't a sport because there were back-to-back 4 in-a-row champions between the '75/'76 season and the '82/'83 when the Montreal Canadians won the Stanley Cup from '75/'76-'78/'79 and then the NY Islanders went on to win 4 in-a-row from '79/'80-'82/'83. In fact, the Canadians once won it 5yrs in-a-row from the '55/'56- '59/'60 season.

What about baseball? The NY Yankees won the World Series 4 straight years between 1936-1939 and then 5 consecutive years from '49-'53.

But, none of those even come close to the Boston Celtics who were NBA champions from 1959-1966 (8 straight years).

Now I consider all of them to be "PROFESSIONAL SPORTS". The sad part, this is the second time I've had to make a post similiar to this. And you were the next poster 4½ hours after the first one, so you should've known this is nothing new in the world of sports.

Whoa now, don't be sullying the good name of Hockey. NHL didn't change the sport and reduce the playoffs to just 10 games overall. And the top team(s) get home ice advantage in the playoffs. In NASCAR, that isn't the case, the leader of the points gets nothing but a pat on the back and a "good job". The problem is NASCAR is a completely different animal. The same 10 races have been playing into the #48 teams' hands since the chase was introduced. You'd think NASCAR would want to try and at least shake the playing field up a bit. But no, my problem is JJ hasn't earned these 4 championships like past champions have. Gordon would have won 2004, Johnson would have been 3rd in 2006, 2nd in 2007, and 2nd in 2008. In 2007, he would have been 300 points behind Gordon actually. If NASCAR wants the chase to be taken serious, they need to mark it as a new era. Gordon should be a 6-time champion, something only 2 other men have done, and in this day-and-age where stats are everything, I don't want Gordon going down in history as a 4 time champ who faded away late in his career while JJ gets the 4-peat splattered all over.

Please use plain text.
Message 2117 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Nov 2, 2009

Oops, sorry I meant to say NASCAR isn't a real sport.  Throughout the modern era, certain drivers have been afforded certain competitive advantages over their competition.  The axiom has always been keep quiet and reap your rewards.  If anyone believes that Johnson is running the same specs as the rest....then NASCAR is a professional sport.

Good job on being the sports sheriff eulogys.  The fact that no-one/team has done it in the past 25 years will make JJ seem like the only 1.

Message Edited by thundurclese on 11-02-2009 11:36 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 2118 of 2,216 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8198 posts

Nov 2, 2009

thundurclese wrote:

Oops, sorry I meant to say NASCAR isn't a real sport.  Throughout the modern era, certain drivers have been afforded certain competitive advantages over their competition.  The axiom has always been keep quiet and reap your rewards.  If anyone believes that Johnson is running the same specs as the rest....then NASCAR is a professional sport.

Good job on being the sports sheriff eulogys.  The fact that no-one/team has done it in the past 25 years will make JJ seem like the only 1.

Message Edited by thundurclese on 11-02-2009 11:36 AM

We shouldnt get into the discussion of if "Nascar is a sport" based off of one race. I understand what NASCAR was trying to do as far as safety, but it took away from the overall racing experience for the drivers and the fans. Ofcourse if Jimmie got caught up in that last wreck and he was about 100 feet away from that happening, we wouldnt be talking about this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 2119 of 2,216 (6 Views)