Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Re: The Unofficial NASCAR Thread 2009 - Up Next: Daytona, Sat. @7:30 on TNT

Jul 5, 2009

braffin wrote:

Why the last caution lap? Was there any real reason for a caution?

GJ blocking. Do you think Tony would have had the speed to pass and finish first had Busch not tried to block? 

?

Stewart would have had Johnson behind him while Busch wouldn't have had anyone behind him so yeah, I think Stewart would have had the speed to win.

Message 1490 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Jul 5, 2009
I think KY could've held off Stewart if he didn't try to block.. but we'll never know. He got hit hard by Kahne and then again by Logano.. he'll be hurtin' in the morning..

PS4 / PS3 Slim / 60gb PS3 / PS Vita FEB / Big Boss PSP-3000 / PSP-1000 / PS2 / PS1 / Day 1 PS+ / WwLclan[dot]com
Message 1491 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Jul 5, 2009
Kahne to kyle *We Have Liftoff!!!*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1492 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jul 5, 2009

SynGamer wrote:

braffin wrote:

GJ blocking. Do you think Tony would have had the speed to pass and finish first had Busch not tried to block? 

?

Stewart would have had Johnson behind him while Busch wouldn't have had anyone behind him so yeah, I think Stewart would have had the speed to win.

Sorry. Badly misworded. I meant "why the reason for the last caution". 

----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 1493 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jul 5, 2009

And the headlines! (or at least MSN/Fox's). "Stewart causes last lap crash!". Umm, Busch was the one who was trying to block. I think he's the one to blame. And even better than Busch "has declined to comment".

I'm glad that Tony won (I'm not biased/a fan. I hardly ever even watch NASCAR). He was leading for the majority of the race and clearly had the best/better car. Had the last restart lost it for him, it would have been unfair.

Message Edited by braffin on 07-04-2009 08:31 PM
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 1494 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12799 posts

Jul 5, 2009

braffin wrote:

And the headlines! (or at least MSN/Fox's). "Stewart causes last lap crash!". Umm, Busch was the one who was trying to block. I think he's the one to blame. And even better than Busch "has declined to comment".

I'm glad that Tony won (I'm not biased/a fan. I hardly ever even watch NASCAR). He was leading for the majority of the race and clearly had the best/better car. Had the last restart lost it for him, it would have been unfair.

I'm guessing he was more worried about possible injusries after 3 hard hits. OK I'm guessing the medical personel were since they had to forcehim to the care center.

Playing :NCAA Football 10, Need for Speed: Shift, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
PS3 Slim Owner
Message 1495 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jul 5, 2009

Northstar3914 wrote:

braffin wrote:

I'm guessing he was more worried about possible injusries after 3 hard hits. OK I'm guessing the medical personel were since they had to forcehim to the care center.

Ya, they mentioned that and I agree. Probably better for him and for everyone that he doesn't comment. I don't blame him. 

Message 1496 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jul 5, 2009

braffin wrote:

Message Edited by braffin on 07-04-2009 08:21 PM
Message Edited by braffin on 07-04-2009 08:23 PM

That's the media for ya.

Good finish, seems like the leader always wrecks before they get to the finish line on the superspeedways here lately

Message Edited by jcbeck29 on 07-04-2009 10:35 PM
Message Edited by jcbeck29 on 07-04-2009 10:36 PM

Message 1497 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Jul 5, 2009
if it weren't for the last lap, the coke zero 400 was boring, especially if you're like me and rooting for the 24.
Message 1498 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12799 posts

Jul 5, 2009

awsome_robot wrote:
if it weren't for the last lap, the coke zero 400 was boring, especially if you're like me and rooting for the 24.

Or if you were just trying to watch the race, not a talk show.

Playing :NCAA Football 10, Need for Speed: Shift, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
PS3 Slim Owner
Message 1499 of 2,216 (1 View)
0 Likes