Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Re: The Official NASCAR Thread - Up next; Talladega

Oct 8, 2006
Listen to the boos!  Man, congrats?  I dunno, Vickers should have given Johnson some room...i mean, come on!  Last lap, i know you're going for your first win, but your teammate is in the race for the chase...

Honestly...i would have Vickers out of the car NOW.  It was only an inch, but it dropped Johnson and Jr. from 1 & 2 to like mid 20's?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4803 posts

Re: The Official NASCAR Thread - Current Race; Talladega

Oct 8, 2006
 That's two straight races that Johnson should have won/finished 2nd....who would have thought that Johnson would be screwed over by a teammate...
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Oct 8, 2006

RVD7712 wrote:
 That's two straight races that Johnson should have won/finished 2nd....who would have thought that Johnson would be screwed over by a teammate...

Yeah...a teammate should give you more room than that...or at least let you get beside the person they are trying to pass before you bump draft...seriously, even if it was a mistake, i would have Vickers out of the car.  Put in a development driver or something.  Unofficially, Jr. and Johnson went from 1/2 to 21/22.  Huge point loss.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4803 posts

Oct 8, 2006

Elessar Telrunya wrote:

RVD7712 wrote:

Yeah...a teammate should give you more room than that...or at least let you get beside the person they are trying to pass before you bump draft...seriously, even if it was a mistake, i would have Vickers out of the car.  Put in a development driver or something.  Unofficially, Jr. and Johnson went from 1/2 to 21/22.  Huge point loss.

Another thing I just thought of...why is it not ok for Tony Stewart to wreck 2 people (Pocono), but it's ok for Vickers to wreck 2 chasers on the last lap for an undeserved win?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12799 posts

Oct 8, 2006
i am almost done with the list i just want  to make it as full and accurate as i can
Playing :NCAA Football 10, Need for Speed: Shift, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
PS3 Slim Owner
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Oct 8, 2006
At least Jr. admitted to blocking.  He blocked, Jimmie checked up a hair to not hit Jr. and Vickers already had his mind made up to help Jimmie to victory lane, he was on his rear.  It pisses me off that Jimmie would not admit he checked up to avoid hitting Jr..  200 mph leaves VERY little room for error.  This is the same error that caused Jeff to be taken out.

So many people are pissed that Jr. was taken out, but that is not the issue.  This is actually sweet revenge for Vickers.  Allen said it right after the race that Brian has been locked out of team meetings for weeks now and a lot of people don't know about what's going on with him next year.

RED BULL....RED BULL.....RED BULL....RED BULL

Message Edited by davethestalker on 10-08-2006 06:31 PM
Facebook|Twitter
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What are you listening to???!
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Oct 8, 2006

davethestalker wrote:
At least Jr. admitted to blocking.  He blocked, Jimmie checked up a hair to not hit Jr. and Vickers already had his mind made up to help Jimmie to victory lane, he was on his rear.  It pisses me off that Jimmie would not admit he checked up to avoid hitting Jr..  200 mph leaves VERY little room for error.  This is the same error that caused Jeff to be taken out.

So many people are pissed that Jr. was taken out, but that is not the issue.  This is actually sweet revenge for Vickers.  Allen said it right after the race that Brian has been locked out of team meetings for weeks now and a lot of people don't know about what's going on with him next year.

Revenge?  Hear me out; you own a 4 car team, your practices, plans, and secrets for next year are being discussed.  Would you want a driver who will not be on your team next year to be in on those meetings?  Its a business, revenge i think not.  The only thing im complaining about is that Vickers didnt give Johnson enough room when they went to pass.  Jr. blocked, yeah, but Johnson was already commited, and if you watch the replay, Johnson was still in the process of getting beside Jr when Vickers got a good run and clipped Johnson.  Yes, it was only an inch, and usually it would be racing, but the end result was 2 chase drivers outside the top 10 and thus loosing very valuable points.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Oct 8, 2006
Ok, revenge would imply he did it purposely.  Perhaps, irony is a better word. 

If they are not going to treat him as an equal team member, then they should release him.  This revelation on how Hendrick is ousting him as a member of the team only looks bad on Hendrick Motorsport.

I support Hendrick Motorsport, but Jimmie is known for shifting blame.  He lifted and his team mate was committed to going with him.  This was a racing incident, just like when Jimmie tagged the car in front of him which eventually caused Jeff to not finish.
Facebook|Twitter

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Oct 8, 2006

davethestalker wrote:
Ok, revenge would imply he did it purposely.  Perhaps, irony is a better word. 

If they are not going to treat him as an equal team member, then they should release him.  This revelation on how Hendrick is ousting him as a member of the team only looks bad on Hendrick Motorsport.

I support Hendrick Motorsport, but Jimmie is known for shifting blame.  He lifted and his team mate was committed to going with him.  This was a racing incident, just like when Jimmie tagged the car in front of him which eventually caused Jeff to not finish.

Looks bad how?  He is under contract until the end of the season.  If i were working for you, in a multi-million $ business, and i were leaving and heading to another business, a competing business, next year, would you want me taking valuable information for next year with me?  I think not.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Oct 8, 2006
Treating him like the shop 'broom boy' ain't right either...
Facebook|Twitter

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 393 (0 Views)
0 Likes