Sackboy
559 posts

Re: Who feels the same way?

Jul 2, 2009

gR3yGh051 wrote:
the only time i played Test Drive, was the original game back in 1996, and it sucked
Message Edited by gR3yGh051 on 07-01-2009 12:34 PM

oh how young you are lol The original was in either 1988 or 89. Back on good ole 286 PCs lol :smileytongue:
darkshadow433
Message 11 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2313 posts

Re: Test Drive Eve of Destruction 2 on PS3, who feels the same way?

Jul 2, 2009

Test Drive EOD was a pretty fun game. I'd pick up a sequel on PS3, as long as they kept the sequel true to the original. The game was a good spiritual successor to the original Destruction Derby, which I loved. But I was sorely disappointed by the sequels to DD because they took the fun of the original - A destruction game with some racing - and tried to make a racing game with some destruction. It wasn't until Test Drive EOD that we got that wrecking fun back.

Message 12 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2010

they really should make a tdEOD 2 like they oringinally planned

Message 13 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10809 posts

Dec 6, 2010
I only played the demo way back in the day, but although I never really liked the Test Drive games, Eve of Destruction was surprisingly fun and varied. Would definitely be interested in a new one.
---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 14 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5698 posts

Dec 6, 2010

From what I remember I did not like Eve of Destruction as it was reaaaaaally slow. All the cars were junkers which I could understand, but as it was so slow it wasn't exactly intense. If they made a remake I would prefer it to be more like Flatout as it was at least fast if not very well built. But Flatout 3 may be interesting now I think of it

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 15 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Aug 16, 2011

Yes! This game was my favourite on the PS2, Eve of Destruction and DD&F8R are the only two fairly realistic derby games. We need more.

Youtube: Antonisbob
Steam: Antonisbob
PSN: Antonisbob
Message 16 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I myself absolutely love real racing games and ever o much enjoyed test drive eve of destruction with a passion. That game was very well done, especially the fact it did not have any phony in car weapons to TAKE AWAY FROM THE GAME.

TD eve of destruction was one of the top games I played throughout my child hood, and I wish atari would produce another game just like eve of destruction, because I have talked to hundreds of gamer's about the idea of a dirt racing demolition derby no weapon racing game and all I have gotten is positive feed back. I am sure if the handling, bit mapping, graphics, car customization, online features were improved from the original eve of destruction the game would be a serious hit and asset to racing gaming as we know it!! Please Atari put this tread into consideration.

Jesse

Message 17 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 4, 2013

As a Demolition Derby driver, This was/is the best video game ever. They'd be stupid not to make a sequel. If they do make a sequel, Aim it more towards the Derby part, and less racing. Let us actually build, paint, put good tires, unlock different classes!

BF3 Clan: Sorry Squad!
Message 18 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes