Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 29 2001
By: sketchin03~old First Son 4 posts

Super lisence

7 replies 1 views Edited Dec 29, 2001
What the hell is with the S liscense. Has anyone else attained it. I dont feel like spending 8 hours to get a stupid freakin liscense.

Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

RE: 8 hours??? -nt

Dec 29, 2001
nt = No Text

a guy who's never tell lies
a guy who's never tell lies
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
425 posts

RE: Super lisence

Dec 29, 2001
Do you mean attaining the license, or getting all the gold trophies? Attaining the license is the easier of the two tasks, and simply requires practice and determination. You can watch the demo and learn from it to learn the proper lines and where you can do better.

As for the Gold trophies in each test...this is much harder. It is attainable, however, as I have done it. Perseverence and practice, and become a better driver, and it will be yours.

Oh, and getting the license is to your benefit, as some of the more lucrative races require it.

djwdvm a.k.a. Odin
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 29, 2001
I agree!! I spent 6 hours just trying to obtain my B licence. I have no steering wheel just the controllers which makes it much more difficult.

Dave
A+

Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Dec 29, 2001
Yeah, it does take patience. But just listen to me on how I got mine. Start S-1 with the Speedster, do a nice and easy lap, don't fail or go off track or anything, just nice and easy. As you go, try to remember your time when you cross those lines that display your time every so often, maybe 3 of them on whole track. Anyway, remember those times as you go. On your next try, go a little bit faster and try beating those times. If your are faster than the previous try when the times go up on your screen, then you're on pace to have a faster lap. Then just keep trying to record a faster lap than the previous lap, and eventually you will get the bronze. If your time is slower at one checkpoint thing than you have done before, go ahead and hit start, try again. Just need patience man. Good luck,

Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 30, 2001
Yeah, I agree that this is the best method to use but you should also use the ghost replay and race that to better your time. This is how i did it, i can't claim to have got all gold though, i think i would find that near impossible and it would take far too long. I got one silver and the rest bronze so I'm not exactly brilliant but at least i got it =)

Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

hang in there..

Dec 30, 2001
you've GOT to get your S license, man, or you can't race the last races in the professional series.. "like the wind" is winnable in a car that can hold 230 mph, and you get the Mazda 787B which can win all of the other GT races, and set you up to win an F1 car that can win the Formula races

the best thing about those nasty license tests, is that most of the cars have the ASM and TCS turned off, so you really have to learn how to use the accelerator.. the tests turn you into a good enough driver to actually compete in the races.. the S license test i particularly hated is the last one with the GT-One on Cote D'Azur.. with no traction control, that car is an absolute nightmare!!!

another word of encouragement: i passed all of those test a couple months ago when i first started the game, and after i won all of the races i started over from scratch and had to do all of the tests again.. i blasted through all of the tests leading up to the S license, getting the bronze usually on the first try, and when i started the S i knocked it off in about an hour and a half... so you really do get better just by playing this game..

oh.. and i just use the PS controller, too.. i don't want to break down and buy that dang wheel when i can win out on the game and have just as much fun with the controller!!

"the greatest industrial achievement of mankind has been the automobile; every other modern-day invention has been a result of needing something cool to go with your car"
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Try taking them one at a time, here's S1 help...

Dec 31, 2001
S1 - Apricot Hill, Opel Speedster

I don't drive well enough for Gold times, but here's
suggestions that will help to get Bronze:

1. After the slight bend at the end of the front straight, set yourself up on the right side. This is easier if you don't clip turn 1 too close. Take it in the center. Brake down to 70 mph for turn 2.
2. Try for a late apex in the carousel turn. Your average speed needs to be about 90 mph. Apex while the last grandstand is rolling out of view.
3. The hairpin requires 50 mph. As you shift into 2nd and brake, steer full right to slide the back end out a little; it will allow you to exit faster.
4. The left-hander before the final chicane can be run at 80 mph. Brake before this turn and ride the rumble strip. Turn through the final chicane doing 70 then 65.

Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes