Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 08 2006
By: MIA_Philly Limit Breaker 25300 posts

Rally Racing

19 replies 2 views Edited Feb 8, 2006
This is one of my fav kinds of racing of all time.  What I dont get about games base don it is is why do they hold back so much? why do they make ALL of the roads 2" wide and why dont the cars get the damage and dirt that they should? why dont they have a ton of racers on the same track? why dont they s
I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8799 posts

Re: Rally Racing

Feb 8, 2006
well, rally racing is about beating other teams times, not so much racing neck and neck. it occurs on roads that were'nt meant to be race tracks, hence the narrow roads. collin mc rae 2.0 was a great rally game, they've sucked scince then. dirt and damage were included, and the rally racing in GT has always been goofy. especially in GT4, the stupid penalty is the dumbest idea ever.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25300 posts

Feb 8, 2006

major_tom wrote:
well, rally racing is about beating other teams times, not so much racing neck and neck. it occurs on roads that were'nt meant to be race tracks, hence the narrow roads. collin mc rae 2.0 was a great rally game, they've sucked scince then. dirt and damage were included, and the rally racing in GT has always been goofy. especially in GT4, the stupid penalty is the dumbest idea ever.

fo some reason it wouldnt let me edit and kept booting me off the net. i know its about times and that some rallying is on small roads. colin is about the best you can get for sure. but i want a rally game based on the paris-dakar race. i want all the vehicle types and the terrain and the head to head comp. i want it on and offline. and i want it to be good not horrible like the paris-dakar 1 &2 thats out there.. i want colin and PD to get together and make a paris dakar racing game that really blows me away.
I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Feb 8, 2006
Rally sport 2 for the Xbox. maby ps2. has dammage and dirt.

Message Edited by InfurnoASH on 02-09-200612:01 AM

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 4 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41694 posts

Feb 9, 2006
We aren't allowed to play good rally games in Region 1, which sucks. A high quality Paris-Dakar game would really help to fill in another PS2 game hole, too.

Check out ToCA3, though, when it comes out at the end of this month. I haven't heard a lot about its rally mode, but if the rest of the game is any comparison, this version's RM should be better than ToCA2's.

There probably won't be any more Richard Burns games, either, now that he has passed away from cancer.

Cheers,
Message 5 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5696 posts

Feb 9, 2006
I dont know why. I never had a rallying game.
Message 6 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Feb 9, 2006

InfurnoASH wrote:

it's strictly on the box, and this is the game that i was going to reccommend if you like fun,dirt,snow,mountains,damage, etc....this game is one of the best i've ever played.

Currently playing on PS3: MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance, GT5 Prologue, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation, MLB The Show 09, Killzone 2, HVB, MK2, Jeopardy, SSHD, Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man 9
Message 7 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

Feb 9, 2006
Best rally game ever is WRC!! No question about it
Message 8 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25300 posts

Feb 9, 2006

MasterGT wrote:
We aren't allowed to play good rally games in Region 1, which sucks. A high quality Paris-Dakar game would really help to fill in another PS2 game hole, too.

Check out ToCA3, though, when it comes out at the end of this month. I haven't heard a lot about its rally mode, but if the rest of the game is any comparison, this version's RM should be better than ToCA2's.

There probably won't be any more Richard Burns games, either, now that he has passed away from cancer.

Cheers,

yea.. the paris dakar rally is so freaking huge that a GOOD game based on it would be more than enough to satisfy even the most hardcore of rally fans. there are so many classes of vehicles and such a variety in terrain. dirt and mud and rain and damage is what its all about. i really just want a good game based on it where i can go back and race against hundreds of cars, trucks, buses, and bikes all at once in huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge wide open tracks as well as small tiny roads. This way when i go back and play as a bike the experiance is totally different than a truck or car.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25300 posts

Feb 9, 2006

staind1 wrote:

InfurnoASH wrote:

it's strictly on the box, and this is the game that i was going to reccommend if you like fun,dirt,snow,mountains,damage, etc....this game is one of the best i've ever played.

i think i have played it but do you go head to head with AI or just alone? i dont want to race alone. I have both the ps2 and xbox so im open to any suggestions.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes