Treasure Hunter
8799 posts

Re: Re: POLL: Is normal driving tiring?

Dec 10, 2006
 say it takes 1 hour or so to get home from work then yeah, we don't want to go anywhere after and sit in traffic again. we want to sit and relax. pump your bike tires up higher.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Dec 10, 2006
It's not that it's tiring, it's just boring to do normal driving.
Message 12 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Re: POLL: Is normal driving tiring?

Dec 10, 2006

Carmaster wrote:
I'm asking this question because every time I want to go somewhere, my parents say, "I'm too tired to take you" (I'm too young to drive) even if they got a full 8 hours of sleep. So, is normal (non racing) driving tiring to you? If so, why?

Message Edited by Carmaster on 12-09-2006 08:52 PM

No. Not at all. our parents might think it's a little tiring because there so used to it, it boring for them and they might get  a little sleepy.
Message 13 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Dec 11, 2006

major_tom wrote:
 say it takes 1 hour or so to get home from work then yeah, we don't want to go anywhere after and sit in traffic again. we want to sit and relax. pump your bike tires up higher.

My parent's jobs are both within 10 minutes of where we live. I think they just don't want to take me anywhere.:smileysad: I can't ride my bike either because I live in a subdivision, so we have to take a non-bike friendly semi-highway to go anywhere. On the other hand, I only have to wait about 2 more years until I can drive. I'll probably get my Mom's 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE. Its QG18DE sounds pretty powerful for only 126 HP.:smileyvery-happy:
I reached 128-bit at 2,325 posts!!!oneone111!!

Message 14 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4935 posts

Dec 11, 2006
Nah, normal driving isn't too tiring.  The only reason it may be tiring is if you live in like a place where its constantly hard to drive, like narrow two lane roads, or heavy traffic, or heavy snow.  Otherwise, its pretty simple...although i doubt I'd be too enthused to drive someone else around for errands.
Message 15 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Dec 12, 2006

Experiment Jon wrote:
Nah, normal driving isn't too tiring.  The only reason it may be tiring is if you live in like a place where its constantly hard to drive, like narrow two lane roads, or heavy traffic, or heavy snow.  Otherwise, its pretty simple...although i doubt I'd be too enthused to drive someone else around for errands.

All the roads by my house are wide, mostly straight roads. And my Mom drives at 35 mph no matter where we are, even on the highway! The highest RPMs the engine in her car has ever reached is probably 4,000. She drives that slow.
I reached 128-bit at 2,325 posts!!!oneone111!!

Message 16 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Dec 12, 2006
Yes, believe it or not driving 6-12 hour trips does make you tired.  You have to maintain a high level of concentration.  Being constantly aware of what's around you and where your "out" is, which lane is moving fastest, drafting in a line of cars, and jockeying around trying to get a more comfortable seating postion every 15 minutes, all these things are a big mental drain. 

You sitting in the back seat are bored out of your mind.  But, behind the wheel, staying sharp for extended periods of time, makes you tired.

Add to that heavy doses of caffeine from pop and energy drinks, with no physical release drives you nuts!

Oh, and then add there is not another rest stop for 50 or so miles and all of a sudden YOU GOTTA GO Wii!!!

Message Edited by davethestalker on 12-11-2006 10:35 PM
Facebook|Twitter
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What are you listening to???!
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Message 17 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42987 posts

Dec 12, 2006

davethestalker wrote:
Yes, believe it or not driving 6-12 hour trips does make you tired.

He is asking about driving around town, not Trans-American trips.

Cheers,
Message 18 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Dec 12, 2006

MasterGT wrote:

davethestalker wrote:
Yes, believe it or not driving 6-12 hour trips does make you tired.

He is asking about driving around town, not Trans-American trips.

Cheers,

Ahhh, I see.  Well, if you are driving stick, crawling in rush hour traffic can give you leg cramps and make you wish you had an automatic
Facebook|Twitter

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

What are you listening to???!
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Message 19 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Dec 12, 2006

Carmaster wrote:

Experiment Jon wrote:

All the roads by my house are wide, mostly straight roads. And my Mom drives at 35 mph no matter where we are, even on the highway! The highest RPMs the engine in her car has ever reached is probably 4,000. She drives that slow.

you could be driving 30mph at 7,000 RPM's. RPM's doesn't mean your going slow or fast.
Message 20 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes