Dec 28 2006
By: Bugma Treasure Hunter 5649 posts

Need For Speed: Carbon Storyline

20 replies 783 views Edited Dec 28, 2006
I started playn NFS:C a few days ago, and im down to the last boss battle (Darius). The main character obviously has a history in Rockport, but im not exactly sure what it is. I've never played Most Wnated, but i dont think the sotry continues from there. Does the drivers history start from the night the police crashed the party and he took off? Or does it go farther back, starting from another game? And if it does start from another game, what title do i have to play to know whats going on?
"The lady I just had to deal with in the mall is the reason that the gene pool needs lifeguards."
"Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door."
Message 1 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Re: Need For Speed: Carbon Storyline

Dec 28, 2006
Well, some people say MW is the sequel to Carbon, but I am pretty sure it is the prequel. You should definately play Most Wanted, it is a much longer game, and it helps the storyline.

You could probably get it used for $15-20, maybe even less.
Join OTR for the best Basketball Discussion on the web!
Message 2 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Dec 28, 2006

BugattiVeyron wrote:
Well, some people say MW is the sequel to Carbon, but I am pretty sure it is the prequel. You should definately play Most Wanted, it is a much longer game, and it helps the storyline.

You could probably get it used for $15-20, maybe even less.

I bought MW for $20 new.
Message 3 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3088 posts

Re: Re: Need For Speed: Carbon Storyline

Dec 28, 2006
the begin part( the cops and only you can escape ) is before MW (you "escaped" to the MW town) after mw you go back and thats were carbon starts
Pdcbenjami
Message 4 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6686 posts

Dec 28, 2006
In the begining of Carbon at the end of the Cinematic you go of to Rockport (Most Wanted's city). After the events of Most Wanted you come back to Carbon. Notice how Cross already knows you in Carbon but is new to you in Most Wanted. That is the hint of the cronicalogical order.
Message 5 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1413 posts

Dec 28, 2006

SANDS_OF_TIMEIII wrote:
I started playn NFS:C a few days ago, and im down to the last boss battle (Darius). The main character obviously has a history in Rockport, but im not exactly sure what it is. I've never played Most Wnated, but i dont think the sotry continues from there. Does the drivers history start from the night the police crashed the party and he took off? Or does it go farther back, starting from another game? And if it does start from another game, what title do i have to play to know whats going on?

Ok it all started when u first arrived in Rockport.  You meet a real punk named Razor and the rest of "The Blacklist" which is a street racing syndicate with a top 15 ranking system based on the amount of bounty on a driver's head so you could call it a list of the top 15 most wanted drivers in Rockport.  Razor is ranked #15 on the Blacklist until he races you for Pink Slips.  He gets his buddies to screw up ur car really bad, that way ur car breaks down and Razor wins ur car.  Then you get arrested and later have to work ur way up the Blacklist until u face off against Razor who made it to #1 on the Blacklist with UR CAR (makes u mad doesn't it)!!!!!!  While ur working ur way up the blacklist u become so called "friends" with the baddest cop in the game, Sergeant Cross.  After u face off against Razor, beat him and take ur car back, Sergeant Cross finds u and sends every single cop in the city after u.  They fail after u jump a draw bridge.  U escape from Rockport.  Meanwhile, Sergeant Cross sends out a notice to every countie in the US to be on the lookout for u.  That's pretty much the whole NFSMW story in a nutshell (I left out Mia though).
Photobucket
Message 6 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
874 posts

Dec 28, 2006
I'M JUST WONDERING THOUGH.  I BEAT NFS: MW AND I CAN'T REMEMBER SEEING THAT ONE GUY ANYWHERE IN THAT GAME, BUT HE ACTS LIKE HE KNOWS YOU AND YOU OWE HIM A FAVOR.  WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?
Message 7 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Dec 28, 2006

phatken91 wrote:
I'M JUST WONDERING THOUGH.  I BEAT NFS: MW AND I CAN'T REMEMBER SEEING THAT ONE GUY ANYWHERE IN THAT GAME, BUT HE ACTS LIKE HE KNOWS YOU AND YOU OWE HIM A FAVOR.  WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

Who, Cross, the cop (not racist, but the black dude)?

Start a new file in MW, in the first 30 mins (I think much less), Cross pulls you over for street racing, but he then goes after someone else, but first keys your BMW M3 GTR.
Join OTR for the best Basketball Discussion on the web!
Message 8 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
874 posts

Dec 28, 2006
NO.  THE GUY WHO GIVES YOU YOUR FIRST CAR IN CARBON.  I DON'T REMEMBER HIM AT ALL.
Message 9 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1413 posts

Dec 28, 2006

phatken91 wrote:

are u talkin bout the dude with the black and red GTO???? U race him in the beginning but I don't remember his name (it's not Razor).
Photobucket
Message 10 of 21 (783 Views)
0 Likes