Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2209 posts

Re: Nascar for ps3

Feb 4, 2007

nipponfighter wrote:

KEVIN45 wrote:

Actually it has a very physical and mental strain on a person.  I for one used to race stock cars, and it drains you.  People think o yea just driving a car, but there's a lot more to it than that.  If you were to do a full race, I can assure you that you would pass out for a long nap.  If you ever see these drivers at the end of a race they are soaked.  Not only do they sit in an oven basically, but they have to use there heads a lot on what a good move is to do.  If they don't most likely your day is going to end early.  So, before anyone tries to say racing isn't a sport, try it first.  I know half of you here haven't for a fact, I play football, basketball, soccer, and used to race.  Racing by far was the hardest endurance test you can ever face.

Yeah and i used to be an F1 driver. . . . (god the internet is great huh!)

As for wwe/wwf or whatever it is now, anyone who thinks that is a sport, or anything BUT a pantomime seriously needs their heads examined.

Ummm.... it's called I used to race stock cars at a local race track.  I love it when people try to talk smart like that when they don't know **bleep** about you, or a clueless on what you can do in the world.....
Ich hei��e Josef G��mb��s
Message 31 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2666 posts

Feb 4, 2007

KEVIN45 wrote:

nipponfighter wrote:

KEVIN45 wrote:

Actually it has a very physical and mental strain on a person.  I for one used to race stock cars, and it drains you.  People think o yea just driving a car, but there's a lot more to it than that.  If you were to do a full race, I can assure you that you would pass out for a long nap.  If you ever see these drivers at the end of a race they are soaked.  Not only do they sit in an oven basically, but they have to use there heads a lot on what a good move is to do.  If they don't most likely your day is going to end early.  So, before anyone tries to say racing isn't a sport, try it first.  I know half of you here haven't for a fact, I play football, basketball, soccer, and used to race.  Racing by far was the hardest endurance test you can ever face.

Yeah and i used to be an F1 driver. . . . (god the internet is great huh!)

As for wwe/wwf or whatever it is now, anyone who thinks that is a sport, or anything BUT a pantomime seriously needs their heads examined.

Ummm.... it's called I used to race stock cars at a local race track.  I love it when people try to talk smart like that when they don't know **bleep** about you, or a clueless on what you can do in the world.....

Yeah im serious too, i used to race F1.
Message 32 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Feb 4, 2007
actually, they do race in the rain, and on the road courses only,  goodyear brings a special tire to the glen just in case it rains, nascar won't race in a heavy rain though.   and yes they do put the one wiper on the car and the japan race you talk about was at suzuka back in '96 and '97.  i have been to talladega, atlanta and lowes.  you can see the entire track at all these tracks from certain areas in the grandstand and you can see the whole track on a clear day.  if you stand at turn 4 and look over to turn 2 at talladegaga, you can see the entire track just fine but it's a hella long way between the two.  i've sat in the rain at atlanta waiting for rain delays in the cold and the dark, and you can see the track just fine. 

and most true nascar fans would show up even if it does rain, look at the number of fans that will sit in the rain during a rain delay.  nascar fans are some of the most devoted fans there are.

Umm, FYI.  NASCAR does NOT race in the rain, not even on Road Courses.  They DID however take some cars to Japan a few years back to do a little testing and PR.  NASCAR told the teams to be PREPARED to run in the rain...ie put wipers and lights on the cars.   I believe they have done some testing in the rain, but they have NEVER run one of the big 3 (CUP, BUSCH, TRUCK) in the rain.

I'm a bigger NFL and NHL fan, but NASCAR is the largest SPECTATOR sport in the US.  You can't see more than about 1/8th of the entire track at Talledega or Daytona on a clear day, so what are you going to see in the rain?

The biggest reason they don't run in the rain is lots of fans wouldn't show up and you couldn't see anything on TV.

And racing is racing.  Whether it's bigwheels, motocross, NHRA, F1 or stock cars.  You want to go fast an

Message Edited by kneehighspy on 02-03-2007 08:14 PM

Message Edited by kneehighspy on 02-03-2007 08:16 PM
Message 33 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Feb 4, 2007
all i want is a date not a book of facts and arguments about the "sport"

( but kinda of funny to read tho)

Message 34 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Feb 4, 2007
hopefully we'll see something this year, i'm ready for next-gen nascar.

all i want is a date not a book of facts and arguments about the "sport"

( but kinda of funny to read tho)

Message 35 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 4, 2007
i want to go in ovals in HD
Message 36 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2209 posts

Feb 4, 2007

nothing ness wrote:
i want to go in ovals in HD

Grow up, stop being immature, and don't post if you're going to be a smart ass.
Ich hei��e Josef G��mb��s
Message 37 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Feb 4, 2007
shhhh, he's a true believer in the march update, leave him alone, let's not wake him up from reality.

"i want to go in ovals in HD

What ever the problem is the firmware update in march will fix it."

Message 38 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6678 posts

Feb 4, 2007
Hopefully never
Message 39 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3540 posts

Feb 4, 2007

aguba wrote:

buccs_fan wrote:
dose anyone know when the ps3 version or nascar is comming out i cant find anything on it anywhere

Um...ask a bunch of rednecks?

lol dito dude lmfao!

Message 40 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes