im getting f1 too i jjust wanted to no if they were comming out with nascar

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Re: Nascar for ps3

Feb 5, 2007
The game to represent "this year's season" will be out at the end of this season.  The game that represented the 2006 season came out near the end of the 2006 NASCAR season.  They fudged up the cover....quick ironic!  Sadler was on the cover in his M&Ms suit with his M&Ms Fusion.  When the game released HE DROVE FOR EVERENHAM AND DODGE!!!!

EA really sucks bad!

The issue of racing on ovals in the rain was addressed last seaon on INC on Speed (Monday nights).  The tire with tread on it could not handle the load needed to run at competitve speeds.  Formula One had problems with the 'mild banking' at Indy (REMEMBER???). 

The F1 rain tires and dry tires are designed for loads on flat turns.  When you add "massive" banking (more than 5 degrees or whatever Indy has), then there is a different pressure load on the tire.  So why don't the F1 cars run a tires similar to tires used by IRL or Champ Car?  I would have to think that the IRL uses a tire designed to handle the load that comes from massive banking.  While Champ Car, obviously, uses a tire designed for flat surfaces, similar to F1.

Something I found...

Race tires are slick. Cars are heavy. Cars are fast. A little moisture. Bad combination. I get it. Duh. Try this: Cut grooves in the tires. Slap some wipers on the windshields. (With all of the money and automotive engineering brainiacs on the circuit, Im guessing it could be done.) And then, if possible, just drive a little slower.

"Building a good tread tire” it just hasn't been done", NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter said.  "I'm not saying it can't be done. But driving slower” that defeats the purpose of racing."

OK. So if 43 cars topped out at 120 mph instead of 200 mph, it's not racing?

"I'm not saying they couldn't do that," Hunter said. "I'm saying we don't want to put them in that position” and there's more than one race in a season and we might not have any drivers left. When they buckle on the helmets, common sense seems to dissipate, like I wish this weather would. They're gonna go fast no matter what. And the fans wouldn't put up with it."

Excuse me? Fans wouldn't want to see a car mistakenly go too fast, slide across the oval and take out six other cars? Isn't Fox all about edgy programming?

Hunter: "It would quickly turn into a demolition derby. Come to think of it, they probably would like it."

Don't people get paid for these ideas?

"The viewership for that probably would be an all-time high," Clark said. "It would be exciting. You got me thinking now."

NASCAR and Goodyear have experimented with rain tires at road courses. They have been used in testing, but never in a race. But after years of storage, the tires started to break down and crack. Now, they're not even considered an option on a road course, let alone an oval.

Clark, who said, "we were close to sending the cars out there," rolled his eyes when asked why drivers can't just slow down.

"I remember once Bill France suggested that at Talladega when they were having tire trouble," he said. "Drivers gave him the same look I just gave you. Slowing down sounds real good until some guy goes by you."

So, then you go a little faster. It's still racing with the same racing tightrope: What's too fast?

But we wouldn't want anybody to get wet, would we?

Full article

Message Edited by davethestalker on 02-05-2007 12:42 AM
Facebook|Twitter
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What are you listening to???!
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8799 posts

Feb 5, 2007
it would be cool to see someone develop a classic stock car racer from the early days of the sport. when the cars had headlights at least.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Feb 5, 2007
i'm just hoping we will get a game sooner or later, it'll look great next-gen!

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

Feb 6, 2007
First, road courses shoudl be ran in the rain...the cars could be outfitted with headlights build it into the design) and wipers could be added in like 5 minutes.  If you look on the hoods of the current cards, i believe there is a plate with screw or something around the edges...same idea just for wipers.  Put some rain tires on and see who is the smartest driver.  I know it would be difficult, but it would be an experience.  I mean, these drivers in the Cup series, they are supposed to be the top of the league correct?

Second, since Nascar doesn't seem to be going to any other developers, EA needs to add more realism to the next version of Nascar.  Both versions of cars are going be included (Car of Today, Car of Tomorrow).  Next would be EVERY driver...honestly, how could they not come to an agreement with Carl Edwards?  Then comes tracks, EVERY track has to be included (unlike EA's other next-gen games that include half of what their current-gen counterparts include).  But lets get to the heart of Nascar '08, features.  Two modes should be the starting point; Arcade & Simulation.  Sometimes you just want to have a quick race, damage on, full field, 10 laps, no setup.  Perhaps You could race some featherlites or maybe even go-karts on the infield at Charlotte.  But then there is the Simulation mode, and when i say simulation, i mean simulation.  Complete setups broken down by difficulty.  If you are playing as a Rookie, then the spoiler/wing and front downforce are there.  Professional would include rookie settings but also add suspension, tires, and gears to the mix.  Veteran would unclude everything though.  Spoiler/Wing, downforce, gears, suspension, tires, blah blah blah.

But what about new features?  Perhaps inspection would be part of the race.  EA could incorporate the autosculpt feature from NFSC and players could mold the cars and try to trim off tenths here and there.  The default car would be in place which is perfectly fine, but say you're at Daytona and you want to get as much speed out of the car as possible.  Take it to the Wind tunnel and start adjusting the fenders, roofline, etc.  Just an idea mind you.  Or how about actual pitting!  I know, amazing idea isn't it :smileytongue:  Having to make the commitment line/cone and actually get down to within 5 MPH of the pit road speed.  Then comes the stopping in your actual pit, inside the box.  Part of the game could include training your pit crew (monetary upgrade/training over time), and after that, nailing the gas and leaving the pits (don't stall!).  Control of your car during cautions would be nice, i haven't played 07 (or much of 06) but if the feature isn't there, that would be awesome to see.  Last idea i have for this post; more realistic damage.  Like, when i scrape the wall, the paint is rubbed off, not my car is dented because i barely touched the wall.  Or how about when go flipping at Daytona, the pieces actually fall off...which brings me to my next and last feature; repairs.  Say i wreck on the first lap, well, rather than the racing being over, a screen would pop up with while my car is behind the wall and it would access the damages, estimate the time to fix (if its even possible) and then give an estimate on when the race will end based on the current pace.  May not sound interesting, but if you are doing a full race, then if you're in for repairs, could sit back and grab some food, watch a little TV, perhaps EA could somehow incorporate a button scheme for fixing the car?  Press X to lossen the nut, to take the bolt out, etc...doesn't matter...you get the idea.

So yeah, thats my idea...
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Feb 6, 2007

Elessar Telrunya wrote:
First, road courses shoudl be ran in the rain...the cars could be outfitted with headlights build it into the design) and wipers could be added in like 5 minutes.  If you look on the hoods of the current cards, i believe there is a plate with screw or something around the edges...same idea just for wipers.  Put some rain tires on and see who is the smartest driver.  I know it would be difficult, but it would be an experience.  I mean, these drivers in the Cup series, they are supposed to be the top of the league correct?

Second, since Nascar doesn't seem to be going to any other developers, EA needs to add more realism to the next version of Nascar.  Both versions of cars are going be included (Car of Today, Car of Tomorrow).  Next would be EVERY driver...honestly, how could they not come to an agreement with Carl Edwards?  Then comes tracks, EVERY track has to be included (unlike EA's other next-gen games that include half of what their current-gen counterparts include).  But lets get to the heart of Nascar '08, features.  Two modes should be the starting point; Arcade & Simulation.  Sometimes you just want to have a quick race, damage on, full field, 10 laps, no setup.  Perhaps You could race some featherlites or maybe even go-karts on the infield at Charlotte.  But then there is the Simulation mode, and when i say simulation, i mean simulation.  Complete setups broken down by difficulty.  If you are playing as a Rookie, then the spoiler/wing and front downforce are there.  Professional would include rookie settings but also add suspension, tires, and gears to the mix.  Veteran would unclude everything though.  Spoiler/Wing, downforce, gears, suspension, tires, blah blah blah.

But what about new features?  Perhaps inspection would be part of the race.  EA could incorporate the autosculpt feature from NFSC and players could mold the cars and try to trim off tenths here and there.  The default car would be in place which is perfectly fine, but say you're at Daytona and you want to get as much speed out of the car as possible.  Take it to the Wind tunnel and start adjusting the fenders, roofline, etc.  Just an idea mind you.  Or how about actual pitting!  I know, amazing idea isn't it :smileytongue:  Having to make the commitment line/cone and actually get down to within 5 MPH of the pit road speed.  Then comes the stopping in your actual pit, inside the box.  Part of the game could include training your pit crew (monetary upgrade/training over time), and after that, nailing the gas and leaving the pits (don't stall!).  Control of your car during cautions would be nice, i haven't played 07 (or much of 06) but if the feature isn't there, that would be awesome to see.  Last idea i have for this post; more realistic damage.  Like, when i scrape the wall, the paint is rubbed off, not my car is dented because i barely touched the wall.  Or how about when go flipping at Daytona, the pieces actually fall off...which brings me to my next and last feature; repairs.  Say i wreck on the first lap, well, rather than the racing being over, a screen would pop up with while my car is behind the wall and it would access the damages, estimate the time to fix (if its even possible) and then give an estimate on when the race will end based on the current pace.  May not sound interesting, but if you are doing a full race, then if you're in for repairs, could sit back and grab some food, watch a little TV, perhaps EA could somehow incorporate a button scheme for fixing the car?  Press X to lossen the nut, to take the bolt out, etc...doesn't matter...you get the idea.

So yeah, thats my idea...

that would be cool like adding mini games that you can compete in 2 player mode like a pit stop race haveing to tap different button to do diffrent things. i think this game could be so fun if ea put a little effort into it

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13694 posts

Feb 6, 2007
ET, you have great ideas there.  Unfortunately, I don't think anyone at EA has the mental capacities to make a game that is a full sim, such as GT, GTR, or rFactor.  EA rides the 'gimick train' too much.  They would fudge up a serious concept with something lame 'feature'.  All they can make are arcade games when it comes to sports.

I am not putting too much hope in their next yearly dose of NASCrap.  I really wish some of NASCAR's executive's kids played the games EA makes and knew how flawed EA's games are.  They would crab at their dad and EA would get a swift kick in the (_|_)!
Facebook|Twitter

GT5P TeamSpeak Server

What are you listening to???!
"Stalking the lost not by land, but by air with the Word of God through music" DTS
KittenWar Crackers' Kittenwar stats Lord Of The Peeps
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 57 (0 Views)
0 Likes