Oct 23 2009
By: MattyJ94 First Son 3 posts

Midnight Club: LA. Police Rank?

6 replies 1312 views Edited Oct 23, 2009

Hey everyone,

Just downloaded the Cop Car Pack for MC:LA and have noticed about the police rank...

Does anyone know how to get up the ranks or whatever and if you actually get anything from it? It's probably going to be easy but i was curious!

Thanks in advance

Sound As A £, hence the pence!

Message 1 of 7 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Re: Midnight Club: LA. Police Rank?

Oct 23, 2009

Those cars came in the version I got. I had/have no idea if we are suppose to use them for anything.

I've spent most of my time cuzzing at them lol.

I wonder if there is such a thing as "instructions".

The ... umm "owner's manual" (just like the one for my PSP version Remix) only does the usual - just mentions some features - types of racing and so on.

This manual does mention "this is the complete Los Angeles experience" - and "NEW TO ... complete edition" short jabber about the cops but - still don't talk about any special missions or anything.

blah blah "ability to ignore red lights and race at high speeds - but don't trespass or the chase is on" ................ that is about all that it mentions. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Oct 23, 2009
Cops are pretty easy to get away from anyways.  Just get some distance and then start taking a bunch of corners.  You'll lose em fast.  There's no point in trying to outrun them on the freeway unless you have a Class A vehicle.  You need to be on the surface streets and take corners and shortcuts to gain the real distance.

Message 3 of 7 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Oct 23, 2009

I just bought the most expensive cop car - upgraded it - took it to freeway racing.

- lousy handling compared to the Ford GT or the Corvette (which I do best with - better than the Saleen S7 with)

- cops STILL come after you

The owner's manual claims you can run red lights (maybe so don't know) and race without getting chased (just don't trespass). Well that is not the case, I still got chased, rammed, stopped by cops on the freeway. 

I have out ran the cops on the freeway and for me it was good practice for freeway racing.

I don't know if it is a time thing or a distance thing but ..... they have given up and I get the message on screen. 

Anyway - I don't see the value of using the cop cars. For me they are slower, harder to handle and still get the cops after them.

Message 4 of 7 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 25, 2009

Good points made...

The only thing is is, for example, when you go onto the aerial map in the top left-hand corner there's the car class 'rank' and your total 'rank'.

What I was trying to get my head round is where it usually says: 'Muscle Rank 3' (or whatever) it now says 'Police Rank 1' when driving a cop car.

Usually when you win a race the car class rank goes up a bit but it doesn'tt with the police car rank...

Maybe it goes up with escaping police chases don't know...

TBH I have no idea. lol

Sound As A £, hence the pence!

Message 5 of 7 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Oct 26, 2009
I don't know if this is a problem on the complete edition, but if you have noticed that your police car sounds like what ever car you were driving before? mine usually sounds like a '83 Golf GTI if it was the last car I was driving, and it loads with a police car on start up, because the GTI is the first car in my list, I belive there is some error with the sounds for the police cars, I do hope they fix this. I don't use the police cars for this reason. But I would say that is also the reason for the rank issue, if you were driving a GTI then switch too a police car, it still thinks you in a GTI, so your rank for tuners would increase. Just my hypothesis, seems too make sense too me. Perhaps I will ask Rockstar about this issue.
Message 6 of 7 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2012

hey can i join the clan

Message 7 of 7 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes