Uncharted Territory
1943 posts

Re: Is anyone having trouble with the blur game servers?

May 27, 2010

This is very frustrating.  I have my PS3 wired to my router and have enabled DMZ on it and my firewall is on low and it still doesn't work.  Thankfully I only rented this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

May 27, 2010

Good for you because I bought it and I think I will sell it back tomorrow before too many people get screwed like I did...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

May 27, 2010

Argh, I told you guys what the problem is. It's Actvisions crap P2P servers for their games.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1179 posts

May 27, 2010
works fine for me
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 28, 2010

yo if u guys wanna bother.. blur has a facebook page, i started a discussion about the online play not working, and one of the 'blur people' responded pretty quick. so my thing is if they see that so many people are having problems with this then they have to do something about it... i think lol

soooo pleeez go to their facebook page and say something.. I WANNA PLAY ONLINE SOOOO BAD

thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

May 28, 2010

pascalf1 wrote:

It's supposed to be a router issue, but I mean...it's the only game that I have this problem with in like 5 years with this router.

I'm pretty pissed because I really like the game, but it's pretty bad that the multiplayer is handled so poorly and it looks like it's the way Activision handles it's multiplayer that is the problem and not Bizarre itself.

You must not play a lot of online games, then, cos quite a few PSN multiplayer games require you to have at least NAT Type 2 level settings for your connection. I haven't had any problems at all with a wired connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

May 28, 2010

siriusbee wrote:

pascalf1 wrote:

It's supposed to be a router issue, but I mean...it's the only game that I have this problem with in like 5 years with this router.

I'm pretty pissed because I really like the game, but it's pretty bad that the multiplayer is handled so poorly and it looks like it's the way Activision handles it's multiplayer that is the problem and not Bizarre itself.

You must not play a lot of online games, then, cos quite a few PSN multiplayer games require you to have at least NAT Type 2 level settings for your connection. I haven't had any problems at all with a wired connection.

Yes I do and I never have any problems.  Never thought that maybe other companies do it the right way so that it works in the vast majority of setups and maybe Activision don't?
Anyway, the only thing that works right now, it's not using my router at all.  I've tried taking out the firewall, opening ports, DMZ...name it...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 30, 2010
Im having the same problem.,.... its pissing me off!
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

May 30, 2010

i was able to get on yesterday just fine.

Platinums: Burnout Paradise, Prototype 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse...
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

May 30, 2010

Man, I'm glad I decided to pass on this game.  At least for now.  I'm sure it'll get fixed, because the online is sort of the focus of the game.  Just be patient dudes, I'm sure it'll get fixed.  Have no clue how long though.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (15 Views)
0 Likes