Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2012
By: Iceman_Nightmare Lombax Warrior 227 posts

GranTurismo Horizon ?

4 replies 513 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

What do you guys think if Philophony Digital goes completely crazy and let another Sony studio in association with them make a Granturismo street illegal racing game under the Granturismo series with real simulation feel, similar to what Microsoft did with Forza Horizon, while the true team is working on Granturismo 6.. What do you guys think?

You can costumize your cars with bumpers, rims, vinyls, and a lot more. Put comfort hard so you can drift around, or just racing soft to drive circuit and drag. What do you guys think?

I bought GT5 so I can drift, I am more into drifting than any other racing events. 

Check this video out guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1gm4C0cX8A

Imagine doing Tandem drift and the game is free roam, having a Granturismo as a free roam game on PlayStation... what do you guys think? Drive around free roam drifting, racing, drag... 8 players online, impressive graphics like always, a lot of cars like GT5.  

Put Sephiroth in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (513 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25126 posts

Re: GranTurismo Horizon ?

Nov 14, 2012

Iceman_Nightmare wrote:

What do you guys think if Philophony Digital goes completely crazy and let another Sony studio in association with them make a Granturismo street illegal racing game under the Granturismo series with real simulation feel, similar to what Microsoft...  

That's where I stopped reading. 

Message 2 of 5 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Dec 16, 2012

No disrespect for PD, but I hardly think they're the right company to make a game of that style.

PD hasn't exactly shown a good amount of consideration for the online experience.  I'd estimate that a good half of the online activity is all make-believe modes people dream up to make up for the fact that there's so little versatility with their online modes.

Doesn't really leave me too excited thinking what would actually happen if they strayed so far from the game style they've relied on so strictly in the past.

Furthermore, if you care at all, what holds me back from Forza Horizon is the fact that it's the same dang supercars that are plastered all over every racing game.  I'm getting rather tired of seeing that kind of vehicle selection too.  Unless the gameplay modes are astoundingly spectacular, not much would attract me to a game with that kind of variety.

Message 3 of 5 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 19, 2012

dont really care about horizon. Drift scoring in all games have always been mediocre, and i'm not a fan of wanting to run over random things.

I want it to be made by genki racing project, with txr references. or something similar

like txr with sp battles with. wangan courses, and touge couses. set in japan.

probably good if it was set in tokyo so you have the wangan/c1 line, as well as touge locations you can drive to like hakone, fuji, etc.

random gunma town wont be bad either. I would love to see akagi, haruna, etc.

Message 4 of 5 (372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Keep hoping, especially PD is working on GT6, which will probably take another 3 years to make. I don't think they will do that in the middle of producing a game already. It would be awesome though...

NAUGHTYBEAR9
Message 5 of 5 (334 Views)
0 Likes