Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2007
By: vash_doughnuts~ Splicer 81 posts

Gran Turismo? How is that compared to Forza?

8 replies 1 views Edited Feb 1, 2007
I've never played a Gran Turismo game before in my life but I recently got a copy of Forza Motorsport for the XBox and it says on the cover "Better than Gran Turismo!" in broad letters. I love this game to death and I actually don't like cars all that much... this actually the first racing game I've ever gotten into because it doesn't assume you know everything about a car and it has that thing that shows you when to accelerate and slow down during a race which really helps me out because I'm still learning using that thing.

Anyways, how does Gran Turismo 4 compare? Is it better in your opinions? Is it a bit more for the "Hardcore" player or can somebody like myself enjoy it? 
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41112 posts

Re: Gran Turismo? How is that compared to Forza?

Feb 1, 2007
They tried, but Forza 2 may be OK. The XB360 will be needed to play it, though.

Each of these games have problems, but GT4 ended up with less serious ones. The biggest advantage FM had was it was on-line, but I didn't like FM's graphics and physics.

Since you don't have a PS2, it really won't matter much.

Cheers,
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Feb 1, 2007
I have a Playstation 2 O_o what made you think I didn't?  Is it a crime to own more than one console or something?  I've had my PS2 for nearly 3 years now.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41112 posts

Feb 1, 2007
Touchy!

I just presumed that if you loved racing games and never played one of the better ones, that you just didn't have the console.

In that case, spend the $20 and play it. You can't lose. While you're at it, you might want to pick up ToCA 3, for either console.

Cheers,

Message Edited by MasterGT on 02-01-2007 03:04 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1172 posts

Feb 1, 2007
i liked forza
aston martinuserbarz.com
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30053 posts

Feb 1, 2007

vash_doughnuts wrote: I've never played a Gran Turismo game before in my life but I recently got a copy of Forza Motorsport for the XBox and it says on the cover "Better than Gran Turismo!" in broad letters. I love this game to death and I actually don't like cars all that much... this actually the first racing game I've ever gotten into because it doesn't assume you know everything about a car and it has that thing that shows you when to accelerate and slow down during a race which really helps me out because I'm still learning using that thing. Anyways, how does Gran Turismo 4 compare? Is it better in your opinions? Is it a bit more for the "Hardcore" player or can somebody like myself enjoy it? 

You'll find that comparison threads aren't allowed on the Playstation forums.  Please keep all discussion related to Playstation and Playstation products.       New User's Guide

Life is short; Paddle Hard!!
Fastest Grandma In GT
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8799 posts

Feb 1, 2007
just wait for GTR. you won't need any other racing games.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41112 posts

Feb 1, 2007
Any new Box racing game will pretty much require him buying a new console, though, presuming he doesn't already have that one, too. If he is comparing the original FM, he has the original Box, since it won't play on the new one yet (AFAIK).

GT4 has the best Nurburgring track of any console racing game, which makes it worthwhile right there. It also has some of the best graphics available on the PS2, over 720 cars (and a photo mode to take pictures of any of them) and some enjoyable fantasy tracks not available in any other game. GT4 allows you to use some of the best consumer wheels available (Logitech Pro or, now, the G25), while the Box has none worth talking about. With console games, GT4 (or especially ToCA 3) with a good force feedback wheel can't be beat by anything on the Box, and both would be required content for the PS2. While both games have problems with physics, GT4 ended up having the better feel of the two games. GT4 does not have damage (GT2 had non-visible damage effects), but what FM had was so-so anyway, more in looks than effect.

There will be naysayers pop up and nitpick at GT4, but since you have the console now, just get it. It is an enjoyable game that makes full use of your console's capabilities. It will take you a good amount of time to complete the game and it has lots of replay value, too. The community around the game is helpful and active.

They are both good games, in their own ways, though.

Cheers,

Message Edited by MasterGT on 02-01-2007 12:26 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Feb 1, 2007
Please be sure to remember that comparison threads between PlayStation brand titles and non-PlayStation brand titles are not permitted on these forums. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes