Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 04 2012
By: RavageX Sackboy 601 posts

General opinions of Most Wanted?

8 replies 288 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

I had been hyped for this game without keeping track of it, I enjoyed the  first Most Wanted along with Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2, immediately bought Criterion's version on PS3 and found that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Not saying it isn't good, it just seems lacking. Mainly....what happened to jumps? Even small ones?

Read a bit on Most Wanted and it sounds like a slightly improved version of Hot Pursuit which is not what I expected.

Watched a video and it looks like Burnout with cops and licensed cars.

Do the Most Wanted racers even have faces or names or are they just top cars/drivers you have to beat with no sense of identity? I know it's just a racing game but small details like that help.

I'm curious how each of you who bought it feels about the game. Don't just say, "It sucks." or something basic like that. Say WHY you didn't like it, or why you love it please.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: General opinions of Most Wanted?

Nov 6, 2012

Love the game and only is interesting to where you lose track of time.  The only problem I have is that they had the promo for the H1 Hummer and it is not available.  I really wanted to trash the cops and take down other racers with this car, simply because it is the H1.  Hopefully it will be available soon, and hopefully free since it was advertised to be in the game in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 17, 2012

the offline play gets repetitive. switch cars. race. beat most wanted racers. take them down. do jumps, billboards, gates, jack spots. thats it. between this and hot pursuit. i like hot pursuit better. so far recently the best nfs game i've played. is The Run. shift and shift 2 is GT5. which i'm not really hyped about but enjoyed. i've recently posted on another string is that if EA wont make another underground game at least consider making another Pro Street. Everyday cars with Tuning options.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Nov 19, 2012

After trying the demo the things I was worried about became clear. 

This isn't the Most Wanted I was expecting. Not to say that it's bad, the demo was fun but it might as well be called Burnout: Hot Pursuit. 

There's no personality with this Most Wanted. The original game MADE me want to be most wanted, it made me want to destroy the leaders the races. This just(from what it seems) throws the list at you, tells you to get points and that's that. 

The cars don't even have the personal feel to them. You don't buy them, you don't really get to customize them(you apparently can't even keep a paint job you like), they are just cars you find. 

I actually miss making the mistake of buying a rubbish car with your cash...you know, one that you realize later doesn't match your style of driving or simply can't keep up. 

But like I said, the game still seems fun. Maybe if I can find it cheap on/around Black Friday I'll pick it up...just for kicks. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
235 posts

Nov 19, 2012

The game is fun but I was expecting more. The graphics, the sound and everything arent that bad. The problem is that it doesnt feel like a real NFS game, is more Burnout thn NFS. The original version of Most Wanted is way too different than this version. Isnt really a bad game in general, the online mode is very fun to play.  

I really enjoyed The Run, they did an awesome job with that game, is one of my favorites. I hope they make The Run 2. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11133 posts

Nov 21, 2012

i thought it sucked and felt like burnout 3 takedown...only more boring.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I like it, it's really fun as far as arcade racing style goes, but I agree with others who wish for customization and such. Your cars don't feel like your cars, they feel like "whatever car you jumped in at the moment, which can change at the drop of a hat". Getting Busted by police costs you nothing except a few seconds of time, and the damage detail from hitting things like walls is not realistic at all (I often hit something and look at the car real quick and there's not a single dent nor scratch). Police say silly things ("he just caught mad air" etc.) and  the only car paint choices are about 4-5 colors, predetermined, for each car, which you can't change at all except when you go through a gas station to insta-repair the car. I don't know. It's great for the racing aspect, fun and challenging. But I miss the "feel" of being some kind of character or at least a faceless person who owns the cars and can paint them and add decals and stuff to make it seem like a little bit more personal of a Lambo, not just "I went to the quick menu and selected the lambo and jumped into it and i guess i'll drive that".

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I thought it was kind of fun at first, but then it just became tedious. I've been a NFS fan for many years and this one was OK, but as I said before, it has just become a job. The cops are everywhere. OK, I get it, "Most Wanted", but really, they chase you around, you get away or you get busted and then what... No fines, no loss of car, no penalties, no anything really. You just start over. You race around. They chase you. You get away or you get busted. Then it starts all over. In the older version of Most Wanted, you suffered if you failed and got rewarded if you succeeded. There isn't any of that here. And the leveling system is repetitive as well. The first race for any car is off road tires and nitrous. Next level,track tires and lighter frame. Again, predictable. Very little exists in customization, personalization, or leveling. I actually found running from the cops in Mafia II more entertaining than this. I'll probably keep this and play it once in a while just for kicks, but I'll probably go back to trophy hunting in Shift or something else and leave this on a back burner...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 7, 2012
I only played the demo and I agree, this feels a lot like the Burnout series. I never really got the sense of danger in escaping the cops.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes