Highlighted
Jan 01 2007
By: pdcBenjami Fender Bender 3088 posts

FIRST NEWS OF THE NEW NEED FOR SPEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 replies 2 views Edited Jan 1, 2007
this was on a interview:

…Well, actaully…moving forward on to the next title in the need for speed series, Carbon is eaten prey. Its finished and we have already sufficiently fixed the game from bugs. The 1.3 Patch is out some time and the online mode is finally relieved of bugs, so there is no need to focus on the game anymore and the stuff that just could make it in cannot be applied by a single patch.Its just too complex.

This actually gets at the next nfs title which is currently in early stage developement.What can I say… Well, not much to be honest. I guess that fans have already figured out, that we will announce it officially some time in spring, to be more specific…
It should be mid January, but you cant count on that on 100%,
since things here in EA simply change sometimes… You´ll have to wait for detailed info till then.

But the fact is, that we will find out shortly, who the next NFS girl will be. We have chosen the final five candidates and we will afterwoods pick the right and final one. I can say, that it won´t be :
  • Laura Southgate
  • Emma Thomas
  • Shannan
  • Sarah Mathers
  • AshleighMcKenzie

These girls didnt make it, sorry if your favourite one isnt in the list.I guess fans want to see a real sexbomb in the next game.

But you can be happy that the things that couldn´t be in Carbon, will be implanted in Need For Speed 11.

It has to do something with the graphics which we want
to push to the MAX and have 100% next-gen power in use (expecting it with the PS3).

Furthermore, you should get a bigger grip when driving -
more realistic, but not too much. The next game will be a hybrid between a arcade game and a realistic game like the GT series.
In Carbon the drift was heavily modified, in NFS 11 it will be modified overall.

And the last thing is autosculp technology. We are very proud of it, but we will make it better…

Thats really all I could say…Wait for spring and Game Convention 07.

I cant wait to see more info and screenshots! i hope its going more to the oldskool nfs this time but i think not
He is talking about autosculpt so tuning will be in it again ( underground 3 ??? )
But i like it that its going to be a bit more realistic.
What do you think when you read this?

Message Edited by Benjami on 01-01-2007 08:06 AM
Pdcbenjami
Message 1 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Re: FIRST NEWS OF THE NEW NEED FOR SPEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 1, 2007
sounds good, jsut make it more than a 5 day game.
Join OTR for the best Basketball Discussion on the web!
Message 2 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3088 posts

Jan 1, 2007

BugattiVeyron wrote:
sounds good, jsut make it more than a 5 day game.

yea i agree on that one
Pdcbenjami
Message 3 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Jan 1, 2007

Benjami wrote:

BugattiVeyron wrote:
sounds good, just make it more than a 5 day game.

yea i agree on that one

Yeah, seriously though, a five day game for $40 is a rip, I said I'd never buy a NFS game again, but when it comes out, if prople say it is long, I'll buy it, if not, I'll rent it.
Join OTR for the best Basketball Discussion on the web!
Message 4 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Jan 1, 2007

BugattiVeyron wrote:

Benjami wrote:

BugattiVeyron wrote:
sounds good, just make it more than a 5 day game.

yea i agree on that one

Yeah, seriously though, a five day game for $40 is a rip, I said I'd never buy a NFS game again, but when it comes out, if prople say it is long, I'll buy it, if not, I'll rent it.

i love nfs but the games are always entirely to short.. but i'd also rather have the game long but with quality.. not a couple extra hours of filler
Message 5 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2232 posts

Jan 2, 2007
WOW they anounced the next game already...they really like to churn out crap at EA don't they? I mean really MW was an okay game (worth the 20 bucks tag, but definately not a 40-50 bucks) and carbon would have been so worth 40-50 bucks if they spent a few extra months to make the game longer but as it stands it's not even worth a 20 dollar GH price tag as you can rent it for 5 bucks and be done with it. Well...maybe they'll actually make a good game, I mean they were really close with carbon...but then again, maybe pigs will fly Smiley Tongue .
Message 6 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Cold Napalm wrote:
WOW they anounced the next game already...they really like to churn out crap at EA don't they?

They come out with games for their series every year.  There's a reason why Carbon is also known as Need for Speed 2007.
Message 7 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3088 posts

Jan 2, 2007
well i gonna buy every new game with Need for speed in its name, im collecting the series (i got every one right now )
Pdcbenjami
Message 8 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43949 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Benjami wrote:
this was on a interview:

Who writes like this? Was this published somewhere, maybe on a web site or in a magazine or did you paraphrase it?

Benjami wrote:
Furthermore, you should get a bigger grip when driving - more realistic, but not too much. The next game will be a hybrid between a arcade game and a realistic game like the GT series.

Riiiiight...

Cheers,
Message 9 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3808 posts

Jan 2, 2007
i was thinking the same thing....

and yea....NFS will never be like GT, i seriously wouldnt hold my breath for that
Message 10 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes