Fender Bender
4157 posts

Re: CAMARO VS. MUSTANG

Jan 15, 2007

TrigerHappy wrote:

BugattiVeyron wrote:

Solid-Snake200 wrote:
in the mussle car status the new viper w/600hp kicks both there asses but out of the 2 i like the camaro

Well, if you want to go Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge, the SRT 10 ($100,000), Corvette Blue Devil (not yet announced, probably about $100,000), and Ford GT ($140,000) beat the Mustang and Camaro badly. We are talking about affordable muscle cars, not hundred thousand dollar supercars.

I like the Camaro more, the convertible in orange is sweet.

thanks bagutti by the way nice name
also neither company has released an offical engine yet for all we no it could have 1000 hp but thats not likly but if camaro comes out with a ss version it could very well have 600 hp and if mustang reremakes the shelby gt500 who knows how much it could have maybe exceed 500 hp of the current 1

NP, thanks lol.

The Camaro will have a 400HP V8 (see current gen Corvette C6), and the SS Camaro will probably have the Corvette Z06's 505HP engine. If not that, maybe the 443HP V8 in the Caddy XLR-V (I really doubt they would only add 43HP), so that leaves the rumored 600HP Blue Devil engine if the Z06 V8 doesn't go in, which is more than likely going to happen. (sorry for the long sentence lol).
Join OTR for the best Basketball Discussion on the web!
Message 11 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jan 15, 2007

BugattiVeyron wrote:

TrigerHappy wrote:

BugattiVeyron wrote:

Solid-Snake200 wrote:
in the mussle car status the new viper w/600hp kicks both there asses but out of the 2 i like the camaro

Well, if you want to go Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge, the SRT 10 ($100,000), Corvette Blue Devil (not yet announced, probably about $100,000), and Ford GT ($140,000) beat the Mustang and Camaro badly. We are talking about affordable muscle cars, not hundred thousand dollar supercars.

I like the Camaro more, the convertible in orange is sweet.

thanks bagutti by the way nice name
also neither company has released an offical engine yet for all we no it could have 1000 hp but thats not likly but if camaro comes out with a ss version it could very well have 600 hp and if mustang reremakes the shelby gt500 who knows how much it could have maybe exceed 500 hp of the current 1

NP, thanks lol.

The Camaro will have a 400HP V8 (see current gen Corvette C6), and the SS Camaro will probably have the Corvette Z06's 505HP engine. If not that, maybe the 443HP V8 in the Caddy XLR-V (I really doubt they would only add 43HP), so that leaves the rumored 600HP Blue Devil engine if the Z06 V8 doesn't go in, which is more than likely going to happen. (sorry for the long sentence lol).

There is no way that Chevy is gonna get a DOHC supercharged engine for the Camaro (out of the XLR-V). There are a lot of options on the table right now. The Corvette base model is already getting a boost in power and losing the engine name (forget the new one, but it is LSx) and there is also a new high revving engine that would be used in a sportscar on the table. And of course, there is the Z06 engine which might get used for the top dog Camaro.
I've heard all the rumors and it's still fuzzy if you ask me.
------------------------------------
PSN ID 1- futuresealsnipe
PSN ID 2- blue_solace

FFVIII>FFVII
Message 12 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Jan 15, 2007

BugattiVeyron wrote:
NP, thanks lol.

no that's a Supercharged Northstar V8. 

i can safely say the 3.6/3.9L V6 )MalibuSS/Impala)
the Impala SS's 5.3L V8 or the Vortec 5.3L the Silverado uses. 300HP 325FT/LBs eather way.
and the 400HP LS2. even if it isn't GT500 beating matterial it would be simple to get more out of it.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 13 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5632 posts

Jan 15, 2007
Still nothing looks sexier than this: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/r8man/  
PSN: R8_Man
Message 14 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jan 15, 2007

r8man wrote:
Still nothing looks sexier than this: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/r8man/  

Looks good, but I'd still take a Camaro.
Tell me that that front license plate frame is coming off and didn't mess up your body work...
PSN ID 2- blue_solace

FFVIII>FFVII
Message 15 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5632 posts

Jan 15, 2007

futuresealsniper wrote:

r8man wrote:

Tell me that that front license plate frame is coming off and didn't mess up your body work...

lol thanks

and no its a state law and I have to put the plate on there.....the car attracts enough attention by not breaking the law so i gotta put it on
PSN: R8_Man
Message 16 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Jan 15, 2007
I like the mustang GT better then the GT500.

i'm really waiting for the Boss 302
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 17 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Jan 15, 2007

r8man wrote:

futuresealsniper wrote:

r8man wrote:

lol thanks

and no its a state law and I have to put the plate on there.....the car attracts enough attention by not breaking the law so i gotta put it on

Congrats on finally getting it man, how do you like it? And also, is the COBRA plate yours? Nice if it is.

I talked to a guy that got a Corvette Z06, and he had to have a front plate mounted, but he could legally put it on the inner part of the front bumper, not sure if you could do someting like that or not.
Join OTR for the best Basketball Discussion on the web!
Message 18 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jan 15, 2007

r8man wrote:

futuresealsniper wrote:

r8man wrote:

lol thanks

Guess it depends on your state and local law enforcement. We have that law but I've never had one on either of my Camaros. The cops usually say something about it when you get pulled over but never dream of giving you a ticket for it.
PSN ID 2- blue_solace

FFVIII>FFVII
Message 19 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8198 posts

Jan 15, 2007
The Mustang Shelby GT 500 can do alot, but ill take the mustang over the camaro.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 20 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes