First Son
1 posts

Re: loading please wait

Feb 27, 2017
We're using a Roku stick set to 720p and have 200 Mbps service. About half the time, we get the loading notices about 2-3 times per hour while watching live TV. The other half of the time there are no problems.
Message 11 of 20 (353 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2017

same problems as other customers and I usually have to go all the way out to home screen and go back in to watch. It is normally after I've been watching that channel for a while Any suggestions or remedies coming? My internet speed is at 60 mpbs. Using Apple TV, Roku Premiere and Roku Express. 

Message 12 of 20 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

last month

I too get this message frequently.

I have been using PlayStation Vue since January 2017. I see all these other posting, but NO response from SONY/PlayStation about a remedy to this issue.  I guess we just keep paying our subscription fee?

So far I really DISLIKE the SONY/Playstation Support.  There appears to be no direct method to contact them (maybe I missed it?). This Forum does not appear to meet that either.

What does the message mean and why?

Message 13 of 20 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

last month

tdfich wrote:

I too get this message frequently.

I have been using PlayStation Vue since January 2017. I see all these other posting, but NO response from SONY/PlayStation about a remedy to this issue.  I guess we just keep paying our subscription fee?

So far I really DISLIKE the SONY/Playstation Support.  There appears to be no direct method to contact them (maybe I missed it?). This Forum does not appear to meet that either.

What does the message mean and why?

I would suggest using search there are over 100 threads with the contact information.

Message 14 of 20 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

last month

it's amazing that people complain about no contact info.  I just went to Google, typed in "playstation vue 800 number" and the first hit is a phone number to call.

People must like complaining, more than solving, their issues.

Message 15 of 20 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

Yes. "Loading, please wait" messages are far too common and have become intolerable. I'm on a trial period and will likely discontinue the service due to these annoying messages. Sometimes they are quite lengthy in duration. This problem does not occur with Sling TV (hin, hint). For everyone's information, I'm using a Roku Express streaming device. Sony needs to correct this problem before YouTube TV hits the market. Just sayin'.

Message 16 of 20 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

3 weeks ago

LOADING PLEASE WAIT - I have called support 3 times and given my zipcode, my address, reloaded playstation vue app multiple times and still get this message. It happens 3-4 times an hour with national Foxnews channel and with other live shows but not as often.  Each time I called I have waited over 45 min on hold and the support people all told me that have not heard of this problem before.  Still suffering

Message 17 of 20 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

3 weeks ago

Loading, please wait = network congestion and buffering.

With the influx of people moving to streaming, especially the DirecTV Now launch debacle, some networks are growing.  This coincided with those events.

I notice it mostly when watching DVR, but once in a while on ABC, etc.

Contacting support is not going to fix this.  If you want to ensure everything good on your side of the fence, you can check things such as:

- Does this happen on all of your devices at the same time?

- Can you temporarily plug in an ethernet cable to eliminate potential wifi problem?

- Does it happen during normal or heavy usage on your home network?

- Try rebooting your wireless router, if it hasn't been done in a while, their memory can get full and slow down.  Try to do like once a month minimum.

- Goto http://www.speedtest.net/ and make sure your ISP is delivering their commitment to you.

- If you are using all your bandwidth, try setting QoS to video to prioritize Vue network feeds.

It's most likely not on your side, but sometimes helps to prove you are right to yourself. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

3 weeks ago
I am also having this problem with live tv, very aggravating. Just like other people this is the only channel this is happening on. I am using a Roku premier device.
Message 19 of 20 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

2 weeks ago
Having the same issue very annoying. I moved to PS VUE from Sling for the DVR functionality. But am now considering going back to Sling as it happens so often. I can give some good data here. I have 3 versions of Roku. 2 on wifi , 1 on Lan. I have plenty of bandwidth. I only have this problem with PS Vue. I have no issues with. Sling or Netflix or Amazon on my same Roku devices. The problem does not seem tied to the Roku model, as it happens equally on Roku ultra, roku 4, and Roku Stick. It is not tied to wifi vs lan...as it happens on both wifi and lan connections equally. What I do notice is that it happens on some channels more than others. Seems to happen most regularly on Animal planet. And the less so CNN ABC etc. So I think this pretty much ties the issue to PS VUE upstream resources...perhapsody specific content providers...like Animal Planet?
Message 20 of 20 (65 Views)
0 Likes