First Son
6 posts

Re: Vue on PS3

last month

I'm debating about ditching cable TV, but the ps3 is hard to watch vue with the choppiness. Is there any chance of ps3 issues getting fixed, or should I just break down and only use vue on my computers?

Message 11 of 29 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

last month

celticfutball wrote:

I'm debating about ditching cable TV, but the ps3 is hard to watch vue with the choppiness. Is there any chance of ps3 issues getting fixed, or should I just break down and only use vue on my computers?

Or buy a Fire tv. 

Message 12 of 29 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

last month

Sounds like yes, don't bother with the ps3 :/

Message 13 of 29 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

last month

celticfutball wrote:

Sounds like yes, don't bother with the ps3 :/

I started with the Ps3 a year ago liked the service. The stuttering bothered me, bought a Fire tv.  The ps3 is 10 year old tech with very little ram

Message 14 of 29 (290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

last month

Does that mean you're satisifed with Fire TV?

As it stands, unless I buy something new (PS4, FireTV or whatever), vue isn't going to cut it as it also seems pretty subpar on my computers over a wireless router in the same room (there's no hard wire connection on my computers). So feedback from anyone who's having a good experience would be appreciated.

Message 15 of 29 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

last month

celticfutball wrote:

Does that mean you're satisifed with Fire TV?

As it stands, unless I buy something new (PS4, FireTV or whatever), vue isn't going to cut it as it also seems pretty subpar on my computers over a wireless router in the same room (there's no hard wire connection on my computers). So feedback from anyone who's having a good experience would be appreciated.

I have two Fire tv's and rarely have problems. Just to rent a cable box plus taxes and fees from my cable company is $30 before I pick a package. Vue costs me only $35 month total.

Message 16 of 29 (269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

last month

Thats exactly why I'm debating about switching, It'd cut $100 off my monthly bills. But its not worth it if the picture quality isn't there.

I think I'll find a way to test out a ps4 at home to see if thats any better.

Message 17 of 29 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

last month
Mine is doing the same thing. Running on PS3. It just seemed to get choppy within the last week or two. Before that it was always smooth. Now it's tough to watch, especially sports. And it's March Madness! PlayStation (or Sony), please get this fixed or I will switch back to Sling!
Message 18 of 29 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

last month
Also, tried running Vue through the Roku and that still plays smooth, but the Roku always wants to buffer and the interface for Vue is crap so who wants to settle for that.
Message 19 of 29 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

last month
I'd also like to note that my other streaming services (Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu) all work perfectly on my PS3. So it's definitely not my internet connection.
Message 20 of 29 (210 Views)
0 Likes