First Son
1 posts

Re: Roku constantly asking to activate Vue subscription

Sep 21, 2016
Does anyone from Sony or Roku respond to these threads? I have the same problem with my Mom's subscription and Roku stick
Message 51 of 81 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

Sep 21, 2016

ahhdrrt wrote:
Does anyone from Sony or Roku respond to these threads? I have the same problem with my Mom's subscription and Roku stick

They responded on page 4. Three weeks ago. What you wanted them to fix it also, thats asking a lot.

Message 52 of 81 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4147 posts

Sep 21, 2016

ahhdrrt wrote:

4th post on page 4 of this thread, you can tell because under there Usernames on the left it says PLAYSTATION SUPPORT

there are 2 or 3 that post on here YaYa_Mo and LightProtocol are the 2 that post the most, which isn't very often, they seam to be a sort of "working on it will let you know when we think we've fixed it" types of posts, you don't get status updates along the way, because how can you have status updates when troubleshooting a bug, you've either not found the cause yet or you've found it and patched it and issued a new version of the app. There is no telling how long it will take to find a bug, but once the issue is found it is usually resolved in a short amount of time, recompiling the app after removing the code causing the issue doesn't take very long, it's finding the code causing the issue that has NO TIMEFRAME.

Be Sure and check my thread with helpful videos on Vue http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vue-Support/PS-Vue-Tips-and-Tricks-videos/td-p/45709707
Message 53 of 81 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Sep 21, 2016

It just happened to me again today. This is the first time my new Roku 2016 Stick had to be re-authorized. It worked fine first thing this morning. Then I left for a few hours. When I came back and turned it on, it asked to be reauthorized.  Each one seems to need to be re-authorized every 14 days or so.

Message 54 of 81 (740 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 21, 2016
Vue subscriber and the issue just started this week,if I have to reactivate every time I want to watch something I'm going to cancel. I use a roku3 and HD
Message 55 of 81 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4147 posts

Sep 22, 2016

bassn1968 wrote:
Vue subscriber and the issue just started this week,if I have to reactivate every time I want to watch something I'm going to cancel. I use a roku3 and HD

Then CANCEL already, your threat to cancel isn't going to get the problem solved any faster, FYI the Roku devices are the ONLY devices that are having this issue, you could buy another device like the Fire TV 4k and have a MUCH better version of Vue with a FULL GUIDE and a much nicer looking interface and NEVER have to deal with the reathorize issue again.

Be Sure and check my thread with helpful videos on Vue http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vue-Support/PS-Vue-Tips-and-Tricks-videos/td-p/45709707
Message 56 of 81 (709 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 24, 2016
Why should someone buy a different device. Just fix the app
Message 57 of 81 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4147 posts

Sep 24, 2016

JAGoebel wrote:

Maybe because:

a) they are tired of waiting on Sony to fix it.

or

b) they've realized the Roku version SUCKS in general and access to a GUIDE is vitally important due to other current issues with Vue (ie, the end of shows getting cut off, having a GUIDE makes it MUCH easier to select the show airing after it so you can watch the end of your cutoff show.

Message 58 of 81 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Sep 25, 2016

JAGoebel wrote:

I would think if you watched TV on PS Vue enough -- maybe even more than other apps -- you'd want to have the device that best runs the app. The best devices for running PS Vue are PlayStation 4 and Fire TV devices.  Coming up close behind are the IOS apps for the iPhone & iPad (and you could use ChromeCast to watch on TV using those apps).  

I don't understand all this love for the Roku in the first place.  Its not just the PS Vue app that is inferior on Roku devices. Other than a handful of apps, nearly every app looks exactly the same, when in fact, all these apps have very specific and unique interfaces on other devices.  Heck, even my Samsung Smart TV doesn't "dumb" apps down as much as Roku does.  People keep asking when Sony's going to make a better app for the Roku - thing is, they already did and the PlaySation, Fire TV & IOS devices all use it (can't speak for the android app because I've never seen/used it).  Roku made the decision not to use the app as Sony created and instead, asked them to adapt their app to their standard interface. (can't say I blame Sony for not working harder to improve the Roku app -- they're too busy improving the better app thats already being used by a majority of other devices)

If you subscribe to Vue and enjoy it, then I think it would be worth investing in a better device to run the app -- a Fire Stick or ChromeCast is <$50 so its not a huge investment (and you can find a past generation ChromeCast for $20).  If you don't want to do this and want to stick with Roku, thats up to you, but then don't complain about it or threaten to unsubscribe because its your choice to keep using the inferior device.  

Message 59 of 81 (576 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 25, 2016

Same here.  It's about every other week for me.

Is Sony working on this or is it another in a long list of ignored "features"?

Message 60 of 81 (568 Views)
0 Likes