Splicer
61 posts

Re: Parental controls.

Jul 30, 2016

I am on the free trial right now and I was GOING to purchase the subscription, switch from Netflix.  But if there is no parental controls I am reconsidering.  I still have a bit of time left to decide (the 2nd is when the trial is up) so I HOPE someone will answer this and at least tell us that parental controls are on the way.  Then I'll subscribe and cancel Netflix.  BTW Sony, Netflix has parental controls, as does EVERY OTHER streaming service!

Message 21 of 36 (735 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Aug 2, 2016

Even their Playstation boxes have parental controls. In fact, all TVs bigger than 13 inches are required to have parental controls built in. SONY needs to step it up.

Message 22 of 36 (691 Views)
PlayStation Support
599 posts

Aug 2, 2016

Thank you for the suggestions. We really do appreciate your feedback. We work hard to incorporate the great ideas received from everyone here.  Stay tuned here for any news or release updates.

Live Phone Support

877 - VUE SONY (883-7669)
Phone Hours
Mon-Fri 6AM-8PM PST.

Live Chat Support

psvue.com/chatsupport

Chat Hours
Mon-Fri 6AM-10PM PST and
Saturday &Sunday: 7AM-8PM PST.
Message 23 of 36 (688 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Aug 2, 2016

YaYa_Mo wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. We really do appreciate your feedback. We work hard to incorporate the great ideas received from everyone here.  Stay tuned here for any news or release updates.

Thank you for acknowledging my request. I would love to upgrade to the highest package, but just can't do it until Parental Controls are in place.

Message 24 of 36 (663 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 22, 2016

I just did the 1-week trial and ended up canceling due to the lack of parental controls.  I'm not in love with the UI on the roku but I understand this will likely be improved (the current version looks like an MVP to me).  But I can't have TV services in my house that have no parental control.  If Sony adds that, I'll likely subscribe.

Message 25 of 36 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Sep 27, 2016

WidescreenTX wrote:

I just did the 1-week trial and ended up canceling due to the lack of parental controls.  I'm not in love with the UI on the roku but I understand this will likely be improved (the current version looks like an MVP to me).  But I can't have TV services in my house that have no parental control.  If Sony adds that, I'll likely subscribe.

Yep!!!! Added EPIX ala carte as we'd really like some more movies. Watched a movie on demand in my bedroom on my profile, changed the channel to Disney on the Fire TV, put unit to sleep. The next day on a separate FireTV in the living room, my son starts the FireTV on his profile and on comes EPIX and the latest SAW movie is on.  At this point, I'm just hoping the new DirecTV streaming service addresses all the issues I have with Vue (primarily parental controls and extending DVR times for sports)  as they do not seem to really to align with my concerns.

Message 26 of 36 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

Sep 27, 2016

Hexan_Tona wrote:

WidescreenTX wrote:

Yep!!!! Added EPIX ala carte as we'd really like some more movies. Watched a movie on demand in my bedroom on my profile, changed the channel to Disney on the Fire TV, put unit to sleep. The next day on a separate FireTV in the living room, my son starts the FireTV on his profile and on comes EPIX and the latest SAW movie is on.  At this point, I'm just hoping the new DirecTV streaming service addresses all the issues I have with Vue (primarily parental controls and extending DVR times for sports)  as they do not seem to really to align with my concerns.

Just get  Expix with Hulu. I just signed up for  $5.99 month

Message 27 of 36 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Sep 28, 2016

spencer7999 wrote:

Hexan_Tona wrote:

WidescreenTX wrote:

Just get  Expix with Hulu. I just signed up for  $5.99 month

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

Message 28 of 36 (494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2016
Bump
Message 29 of 36 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 31, 2016

Definitely not subscribing until I get parental controls.

Message 30 of 36 (372 Views)
0 Likes