Uncharted Territory
1890 posts

Re: Is your PS Vue buffering constantly? Comment here!

May 24, 2016

borgenhaus wrote:
Same. PS4, 90 megs down, no issues with Netflix, Amazon, IGN, or YouTube apps. Just the Vue. Was fine for a week, now it buffers to the point of being unwatchable - especially DVR.

What's your up. It seems everyone forgets upload speed..

Device: Fire TV (Gen 2)
Speed: 300D, 30U.
Message 81 of 814 (3,678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 25, 2016

Alot of buffering after 8pm eastern time. No problems during the day. I'm not going to subscribe if this isn't fixed really soon. Using amazon fire tv over 85mbps down 12mbps up cable internet. Internet speed is consistant on my end across all devices and applications. I hope this gets fixed because it could be a great service if it wasn't for the buffering issues during prime viewing hours

Message 82 of 814 (3,651 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2016

Figured I'd add a +1.

Seems pretty consistently slow at night (10PM PST onward is when I'm generally watching). DVR seems to work more often, but live TV is often unwatchable at night which seems to be opposite many people's experiences in this thread.

I've had issueson both a PS4 and Fire TV. I made sure WiFi was eliminated so everything is wired. I have 100/100 condointernet (Wave G now). I've run speedtests when the buffering occured and I'm still getting 100/100, so I don't believe it's an issue with my internet (though it's always possible my ISP is throttling a particular endpoint or CDN).

Are there any debugging tools in the PS4 or Fire Vue apps that might help devs isolate an issue? Or at the very least an official response that this is being looked into? Or if they don't believe there's any issue on their end, refer to my original question.

Message 83 of 814 (3,639 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 27, 2016
Been having same problems. Ive found a way around it, create a new profile and works just fine. You can even start a show from dvr on old profile, it glitches, switch to new profile and continue watching same show.
Message 84 of 814 (3,570 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 29, 2016

Yep, same here. signed up a few days ago. super frustrated. dvr constantly buffering.  would have considred keeping the service since it is offering what i need.  reconsidering the buffering is a deal breaker.  i know it is not my internet or equipment. it is on sony side.  shame it really had a shot.

Message 85 of 814 (3,541 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 29, 2016

Random buffering here too. I notice it on my Fire TV (lower resolution) with a 25 Mbps connection, while running no other devices/services at the same time. Majority of the time it runs pretty flawless. It really has nothing to do with time of the day. Sometimes it appears certain channels on certain days are just struggling more. I'm probably a bit too forgiving with this, but I knew what the consequences would be signing up with a new service. Just look at Sling's track record, especially when they first started. Sling, for the most part, runs way better than it did a year ago. The buffering, for me, isn't frequent enough to quit PS Vue while they bring things more up to par.

Message 86 of 814 (3,534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 30, 2016
Yes! Every day! Canceling until issue is fixed.
Message 87 of 814 (3,516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 31, 2016
Can't watch nba playoffs on tnt constantly freezes. I have plenty of bandwidth. Hooked directly by ethernet cable to fire tv. Sports is why I chose PS Vue - buffer 4:09 & froze right away again.
Message 88 of 814 (3,485 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 9, 2016

Yes..

DVR mainly..

Some channels work better than others.

Wondering if cutting the cable was such a great idea now..

Message 89 of 814 (3,400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 10, 2016
I've had Vue for 3 months on PS4 and PS3, worked flawlessly. The past 72 hours have been a nightmare. I can't keep paying had hope it improves. I love the service...when it works. Maybe I'll try back in a few months. Ugh.
Message 90 of 814 (3,354 Views)
0 Likes