Mar 19 2013
By: snacdaws First Son 22 posts
Accepted Solution

things that the psvita very badly needs

5 replies 138 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

a restore all files app so that if it fails and has to be restored all apps and files like music can be restored 

but first they would need a file sync app

any other suggestions would be awesome so that sony will be able to see what to improve or add in future system updates

also i want to see what other people would like to see

Also it would be a good use for sony's kudo's system

Message 1 of 6 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: things that the psvita very badly needs

Mar 19, 2013

You do realize that content mangaer allows you to back up all games, saves, videos, and music to your PC right?  Its on a selection basis, but it CAN be done.

The only issue in my mind is that the vita has no way to all the PC to download content from the PSN store and transfer it to the vita.  That is exclusively done via PS3. 

Space for rent....
Message 2 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 20, 2013

yes i do

i am talking about an IN SYSTEM app to regularily do it upon reuest or every so often(1-2 months)

i am still trying to find out what others think should be integrated into the vita!!!!!!!

even if mine never comes into being

Message 3 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 20, 2013

either using wireless connection to the cloud or a computer on the current network that is only used by you(the owner)

Message 4 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17748 posts

Mar 20, 2013

It's not a bad idea, in theory, but it requires software that the Vita doesn't have, and it is more complex than you make it out to be.  Even the PS3 doesn't support scheduled backup, and it usually stays connected to the same network all the time.  It makes less sense for the Vita, which can't be continuously connected to a storage device that could be used for backup.  Sony would have to assume that the backups would usually fail because the target device is not available, so they aren't really scheduled.  They are just automatic, when the Vita happens to be connected via USB or Wi-Fi to a device that is registered for backup.  But a backup can take a long time.  If you just wanted to copy a game, or backup your most recent saves, or add a couple of albums of music; then you probably don't want the Vita to start a 30-60 minute backup operation, when you want to go and do something else.  So the backups would have to be able to be canceled by the user; which means more failures.  And you wouldn't want to back up while you were connected via 3G, because you could easily use up your entire monthly bandwidth quota with a single backup.  So it would have to be a Wi-Fi-only function. The Vita doesn't have the ability to run apps at a specific time, so that would have to be added.  And the backup app can't run while a game is running because it might back up corrupted save data. This isn't sounding so automatic, or convenient, to me.  Maybe Sony had it right the first time.  Just make the user responsible for backing up manually.

GKP
Message 5 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 21, 2013

i am aware of the issues with sony mobile and stationary gaming products, i had that in mind when i started the thread!!!

i was also aware that they would have issues with incorperating user suggestions.

i never said that it would use 3G i would rather use wifi for anything and everything.

for good reasons like;

against 3G;

issues with info relay between the vita and the 3G provider

(i was charged for 3 months of data for 1 months use and rogers denies all issues right to my face and won't give me back 2 months of money i was wrongly charged for)

also wifi is way faster

To 3G;

worth while when don't have wifi access

so far the positives of 3G is out weighed by the pluses of wifi

Message 6 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes