Having a problem with the content management feature, I have used the popular Winamp program to rip alot of music streams from the Shoutcast network. I believe these files are saved with the .nsv suffix or something like that, and shockingly they play just fine in the Vita. Problem is when I use the Vita to bring up these files to download, they're all listed in 100% Japanese or Chinese, every single one of them, like 800 files. Needless to say I can't read any of them but they're perfectly playable. .mp3s I've bought show up in English. I'm thinking this is a problem with the programming, but maybe there is something I can do. Thanks.
It is a problem with the way that the MP3s are coded. The PS Vita isn't making up the Japanese text. It is in the MP3 files. The Vita assumes that the files are ripped for a single language, and picks up the first tags that it finds. It doesn't check that they match the language of the console, and look for different ones if it doesn't. You will have to edit the tags in the MP3 files, or rip them with something else.
i just change the file extention and it seemed to work fine
maybe when i change the file extention it somehow changes the readable tags on the music
not entirely sure how i manage to do so though
so i cant explain the process easily
not that i would be able to anyway
so don't ask me please