Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2012
By: TroyMcNasty First Son 1 posts

game transfer to ps vita.

12 replies 534 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

hey...hope somebody can help me out i downloaded a few games on my ps3 to put on my vita cause i was going on vacation. super gouls and ghosts downloaded fine. but the other two games wont download...guerrila war  and tetris mini. guerrilla war only lets me play on ps3 but tetris doesnt work at all and i deleted it and redownloaded it and the same thing. when i try to download it on my vita the vita cant even read it it only gets gouls and ghosts. can anybody help me?

Message 1 of 13 (534 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Re: game transfer to ps vita.

Oct 1, 2012

Not all Minis can be installed on the Vita.  Only Minis that have been tested and certified compatible with the Vita can be installed on the console.  Some of them have been, but a lot of them haven't been; and some probably won't ever be.  Basically, if the game is in the Playstation Store on the Vita, then you can transfer it to the Vita from a PS3.  If you can't find the game in the Vita Playstation Store, then the Content Manager won't allow you to install it from a PS3 either. PS1 Classics are currently an exception, but probably not for long.

GKP
Message 2 of 13 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 1, 2012

i was able to transfer mgs digital graphics novel to my vita and its not in the vita store. so really i dont know... they should really make a list of games that truely dont work on the vita. and i got the mgs dgn in a bundle with mpo and mpo+ but those games i cant transfer? this annoys me and this region locking bs is...bs. they need to have those games on the vita... cuz my psp is going caput and my analog stick is sketchy. so i either need to shell out more money for a new psp :smileysad: or wait til they fix this. hopefully the latter.

Message 3 of 13 (517 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Oct 2, 2012

The only way to create a list of all of the PSP games that don't work on the Vita would be to play-test every PSP game, PSP Mini, and PS1 Classic ever released; at least once on the Vita.  That would cost millions of dollars, and Sony isn't going to pay for that; except for its own games. The game publishers have to pay for that testing, and most of them don't want to incur that expense for games that few people would probably buy anyway.  It sounds simple to do, but it isn't simple at all.  You can't just magically know what games run correctly on a software emulator.  You have to test each of the games.  Testing is labor intensive, and therefore expensive.

GKP
Message 4 of 13 (502 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I tried transferring PSOne Classics already downloaded on my PS3 to my Vita via my PS3 and it didn't work. But, I went to the PS Store on my vita and was able to download the games (Resident Evil 1-2 & 3) again directly on my Vita. They got installed and everything works just fine and didn't have to pay again for them (figures). Guess it's easier to do this way instead of transferring.

One question for all of you though: Is there a way to blow up the image so it fills up the entire Vita screen? If not, maybe Sony could or should think about including that kind of feature in an upcoming system update....

Thanks!

Marc

Message 5 of 13 (474 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Oct 4, 2012

The Resident Evil games were just added to the list of Vita Certified PS1 Classics on Tuesday.  If you delete them from your PS3, and then download them from the Playstation Store again; then they would transfer to the Vita.

You can make PS1 Classics display full screen.  Bring up the emulator settings menu by holding your finger on part of the game screen as it is displayed now.  When the menu appears, select "Other Settings", "Screen Mode", and "Full". 

GKP
Message 6 of 13 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Hey, thanks a lot GKP for the quick answer!!! Is it just me or this is something the vast majority of players are not aware of? because I sincerely never thought about holding the game screen to make that menu to pop up.... :smileysad:

Anyways, thanks again, I will be enjoying those games one more time! :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 13 (454 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Holding a finger on the screen replaces the PS button on the PSP for all PSP games on the Vita, including PS1 Classics.  The manual mentions that for PSP games, but it is only one short sentence, and isn't clearly explained.  For PS1 Classics there is an additional "gotcha" in that if you hold a part of the screen that the game isn't using because of the screen mode, the menu doesn't appear.  That isn't mentioned in the manual at all.

GKP
Message 8 of 13 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Oct 4, 2012

You know, since the Vita is my first PlayStation portable system ever, I think I lack some knowledge about some of the features you just mentionned! Thanks for all the info, this is most welcomed! :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 13 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 5, 2012
i completely agree but why shouldnt they all work? its supposed to be a psp with some ps3 capabilities in it, right? along with some smartphone additives such as "apps" and touchscreen.
Message 10 of 13 (343 Views)
0 Likes