Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
10 posts

Re: Why would the Vita keep dropping my wireless connection?

Feb 17, 2012

If that's true, Sony are a bunch of idiots.  If I'm at home, I sure don't want it to disconnect, unless I physically do it...God this thing is just crashing and burning the more I read....

I think you are misunderstanding.  It wouldn't turn off if you are downloading somethign or playing a game online. It would only turn off if there was no program running that needed it at the time.  Then when it needed it, it quickly logs back in and grabs the data it needs.

Message 41 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Is anyone still getting intermittent connections? I had the issue of no connection with the unit hooked up to the charger, but found, as suggested, it would work when unplugged from the charger. Connecting to the base was flaky, but now it just stays in a connecting mode loop. The settings are correct, I get full bars and sometimes it'll say I'm signed on the network - but I'm really not. Such a bummer. As of this moment, "buying a session" of time though the AT&T link does not work. Two options for mobility and both do not work (for me at least) Ha!

God speed, everyone. God speed.

Podcast BEYOND! SDMF
Message 42 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Mine disconnects too but it then reconnects when I use a game or app that uses it. I think it just does that to conserver battery

Message 43 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Mine does the same thing but doesnt reconnect. i have to go all the way into settings and reconnect. Its rather frustrating.

Message 44 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 18, 2012

This used to happen to me at school as well as at home. Just be patient, my connetion length has slowly been getting better and better.

Message 45 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Definitely a software or hardware issue. Everytime it disconnects and I go into wireless settings it says "could not connect to preferred access point", yet when I manually try to connect it does so fine, until it disconnects again.

What the he'll is the point in having PSN if it doesn't have a persistent connection? Everyone knows to turn off wifi when you know you don't need it, so if Sony have decided to take control instead, it would be arguably one of the worst moves I've ever seen them make.

Hopefully the next update will sort it out.

Message 46 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 23, 2012

This dropping is getting me pissed, I even have to connect to everything even though I have it open what the fak is that? Like messaging and friends when the minute I go out and go back in I have to sign into the network. Plus even when playing games I have to go and back into messages to see if a got one because the stupid light is always on that is supposed to show if you got a notification. And I am not playing uncharted

Message 47 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 23, 2012

May have found a temporary fix, pending further testing. Deleted my network info, then setup my wireless via WPS*, set a static IP for my Vita, then removed any firewall restrictions.

So far I've tried putting the device to sleep and waking it repeatedly, and everytime it reconnects sucessfully every time. I've also had FIFA in career mode for around 10 minutes now without restarting after sleep, and wifi is still connected in the background.

Before changing the settings, it would refuse to connect to wifi/PSN without going on the PS Store or other apps which required internet access. FIFA would also have no WIFI active in the background whenever I'd passed the EA server login screen. and it became inactive almost instantly.

Like I said I'll be testing this further and keeping my hopes up, but since writing this my Vita has been idle the whole time, and hasnt once disconnected from my wifi network.

*WPS may be a optional step, as this method may just be dependant on the Vita having a static IP and all ports forwarded. PS3 users have had similar problems with constant disconnects due to this as well.

Message 48 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Yep, I have the same issue.

I have the wireless only version (UK).  The wireless fails to connect 99% of the time.  I'm sat less than 6 feet from the router (Netgear from Sky), my settings are correct, my laptop is connecting fine, the iphone, ipad all fine too.  The vita is sometimes showing a strong signal, sometimes no signal, constantly loops trying to connect.  It's connected twice for about 20 seconds and that's it.  I upgraded the firmware via the laptop and no luck.  So I'm returning the vita and going for a 3g version.  At least teh 3g will (i hope) work until they (i hope) fix the wireless.  However I had similar problems with the PSP 3000 - which they never fixed so i'm not hopeful.  It really sucks that they would release the device with no troubleshooting info for this problem.  I really dont believe that they weren't aware of it before release.  Come on Sony pull your finger out and fix it !

Message 49 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 26, 2012

i called sony about that and they told me it happens during gameplay of games that dont support online compatibility like uncharted golden abyss

Message 50 of 105 (760 Views)
0 Likes