Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Why would the Vita keep dropping my wireless connection?

Mar 7, 2012

I had the same problem as you. The WiFi drops every minute or so, making downloading games or updates horrible.

I found out what the problem was, and fixed it!

So the problem lies in your Wireless security on your router. As a WEP2 default, the security algoritm that is used is AEE. Changing from AEE to TKIP solved the problem. TKIP is regarded as slightly less secure than AEE, but is still pretty secure.

Good luck and happy gaming

Message 61 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I am having the exact same problem as you. I have the wi fi only model

Message 62 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 8, 2012

i believe u mean WPA2 and AES, and yes, TKIP is not as good as AES, but i only have AES enabled on my routers and i don't have issues

Message 63 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 12, 2012

This just started happening on Friday, it was working fine and i knew sony was saving battery by connecting only when u need info but yesterday it got worse and didnt let me connect for more than a minute,

Im gonna exchange it for a new one even though its working fine right now, my question is will i lose anything important by putting my memory card into a different PSV? I dont mind if i need to do bookmarks and stuff like that again...

"We Aren't Anonymous"
Message 64 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 14, 2012

anyone else have this problem not having ur vita connect to the psn through a game like u marvel vs capcom super stardust touch my katamari but it will connect when im out of the game

Message 65 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 15, 2012

I actaully think this is just an OS feature...

The Vita will only disable the WiFi if you put it into sleep mode. For example, if you literally press the power button to put it into sleep mode, it takes that as it's cue to cut off all communication. If you however leave your Vita to enter it on it's own, such as when a download is running and it is actively using a data connection, it'll keep the WiFi on during this time. I'm not sure if I'm just confusing two features together here, so forgive me. But as far as I'm aware, the Vita isn't actually meant to remain persistently online (although I could be horribly wrong), which honestly seems like a bit of a step back compared to the 3DS and PS3.

Message 66 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 15, 2012

Password it. Depends on how many users are on your network. Some routers (cheaper) wont allow 3+ due to split MBPS.

Message 67 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Just asking those the psvitta suport wpa2 aes please answer

Message 68 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 30, 2012

I get the same problem. I have a 3G/Wifi PS Vita and I'm using a SMC wireless modem provided by my ISP called Suddenlink. It comes with a password already set on it. My exact problem is that I can only connect to my home router when I am on the same floor and room as the modem. My Vita shows 80 to 100% signal anywhere in my home but will not connect in any room other than where the modem is. I do not have any problems like this connecting to the wifi upstairs using my computer. I seriously hope this an issue that can be fixed with a firmware update and not a hardware problem.

Message 69 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Mar 30, 2012

Yeah it kinda sucks.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 70 of 105 (795 Views)
0 Likes