Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 20 2012
By: Namepol First Son 1 posts

Vita updating problems...? Very strange!

6 replies 187 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

Hi everyone. I'm having a really strange problem that I haven't seen anyone mention yet. I've had my Vita for 'bout a month, closing in on 2 with no problems. All of a sudden though I tried to update to 1.81 last night, but something went wrong. The download speeds were crawling... like eta 10 hours crawling. Even if I left it there to update overnight or something, it'd cut off part-way and cancel it by itself.

Because I can't update I can't sync my trophies or see the store or anything! At first I checked the browser and youtube app -- shockingly they worked, even though I couldn't seem to connect to any of the PSN services. I thought maybe I was banned for something, so I checked my email -- nope!

I have no idea why my Vita is being so picky -- it won't even download the 'patches' that are available for LBP-Vita! I try to download that thing and either it dl's at >5kbps or just doesn't start at all. I haven't dropped my Vita so I don't think it's hardware damage related, and besides, being able to use the browser and youtube app sort of eliminates that possibility.

I still have my receipt and all, but it's not going to do much after this long after purchase. I seriously hope my Vita hasn't gassed out on methis early on...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13931 posts

Re: Vita updating problems...? Very strange!

Sep 20, 2012

You don't need to sign-in to PSN to browse the web, or use some apps, on the Vita.  You don't need to sign-in to install updates to games, or the Vita System.  If the update is mandatory, then you won't be able to sign-in to PSN unless you are running the latest System version.  You obviously need to sign-in to PSN to sync your trophies.  You don't need to sign-in to browse the Playstation Store, but you obviously do need to sign-in to buy anything, or download what you have already purchased. 

As this update is brand new (it isn't even documented on this site yet), it may be just be that the servers are busy. Try again today and tomorrow.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Sep 20, 2012

My 1.81 update went really slowly too--it timed out twice. The third time it finally worked. I am also having a problem with the LBPV update. It just stays in the queue and says waiting to update but nothing happens. I tried canceling and restarting, pausing it and restarting, restartng the psv, and hitting the update button again, but it just sits in the queue saying waiting to update.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

cant update mine either. been trying for 2 days. right now at 1%. says 730 min left **bleep**. thats seven hundred and 30 min.hasnt ever got to  

2% always disconnects from server.

how the hell can i sign in if i cant update this piece of **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I am having the same problem! Has anybody who had this problem gotten it to work yet and if so how? My download speeds for 1.81 are SO slow and it always times out... I want to play me some PS1 games!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Still having this issue with downloading as well...  disappointing, was actually trying to make a purchase.  Wonder how long til this is straightened out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Your not alone same problem here. I am just glad I'm not the only one . I truly don't understand this. Very **bleep** off Vita owner.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (71 Views)
0 Likes