Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 13 2012
By: Crimsonwilson First Son 10 posts

Vita doesnt appear to be charging.

6 replies 332 views Edited Jun 13, 2012

I forgot to turn off my Vita this weekend. Today I tried to turn it on and nothing happens, then I plug it in and let it sit for about 30 min. I try it again and the no power symbol comes up. I let it sit for an hour longer to charge and same thing. I know its plugged in right and the PS button is flashing orange. It just doesnt seem to want to hold a charge. What should I do. Does it usually take forever to charge from a completly dead battery?

Message 1 of 7 (332 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Vita doesnt appear to be charging.

Jun 13, 2012

I had the same problem, until i discovered that i had it pluged in wrong. The cable can fit in either direction, but it won't charge unless the PS symbol is facing up. hope this helps

Message 2 of 7 (332 Views)
MVP Support
15439 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Charging the Vita using the AC adapter should not take more than five hours.  You can't charge the Vita from a USB port unless it has at least a little power left. Just leaving the Vita turned on should not damage the battery. If the battery was completely drained, I would let it charge for more than 30 minutes before concluding that there is a problem.

GKP
Message 3 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, I left in on the charger all night. Still just blinking. FML.

Message 4 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Wow 86 views. What a helpful community.

Message 5 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Jun 14, 2012

It is possible that your Vita has a defective battery sensor that allowed the battery to drain completely without shutting off the Vita first.  That could damage the battery so that it will no longer charge.  There is no way to know without sending the Vita in for service, which I think is your next logical move.  Might as well, while it is still under warranty.

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Your vita is frozen in sleep mode, has happened to me many a time.

Hold down the power button, X and right trigger at the same time, until your in the recovery menu.

Then select restart the PS VITA system.

Message 7 of 7 (332 Views)