Jun 15 2012
By: COHEED__ Lombax Warrior 142 posts

Vita dies in sleep mode

30 replies 2233 views Edited Jun 15, 2012

Anyone else notice this as a concern or is it just me?

My vita sits in sleep mode for sometimes a few hours. Yet intermittently the battery will get completely drained in sleep mode, even if no applications are running. I don't see how the battery life is 5-6 hours even with the screen off, and not processes going on.

Anyone else have this issue?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Re: Vita dies in sleep mode

Jun 15, 2012

Definitely has happened to me on a few occasions... Sucks when you have a game that doesn't allow you to save your progress whenever youd like..

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Yes, I had this happen to me a few times. This is why I power off my Vita when I'm not going to use it for a few hours. It seems that the WiFi radio remains active sometimes and continues to drain the battery.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (2,233 Views)
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jun 15, 2012

I just think its dumb. The wifi ant should power down after so long, instead of draining the battery. Cell phones don't drain battery because they are searching for a network. It's just dumb.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11315 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Madmartigan219 wrote:

Definitely has happened to me on a few occasions... Sucks when you have a game that doesn't allow you to save your progress whenever youd like..

Well I've had my Vita lose its battery when I had a game open (in sleep mode)

And when I charged it for a bit and turned it back on, the game was still open.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts

Jun 15, 2012

my vita lasts days in sleep mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (2,233 Views)
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jun 16, 2012

That's exactly it, I have had my vita last for days in sleep mode before I picked it up and realized it was still on. But I went to work today, used it on the drive to listen to some music. I got to work and had the music off. By the time I left work today it was completely dead.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
620 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Weird. I have had mine last for days with out dieing in sleep mode. The only time it has was when I left skype open to see how long it would last. Other then that, last night I Tabbed, GR, PVZ, and Escape plan (not exactly running them) and left it on sleep and it barley did anything to the battery.  So I don't know if WIFI is the cause of yorus dieing so quickly.

If I where you I would absolutley close everything out and leave it on sleep and see what happens, You can even trun off WIFI, then do a run with WIFI on and let it sleep and see what happens, if its the same, then you must be leaving something open and not know it. That or you got a greedy a$s Vita lol

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
836 posts

Jun 18, 2012

You know what it is, if you have a notification pending (a notification you havn't looked at yet) it probably keeps the wifi on, even through sleep mode.

I tested this just the other day. I had a few notifications (friend requests, etc) that I never chcked. I put my vita to sleep and went to work (it was fully charged). When I came back from work (I worked a short shift- 4 hours)- The Vita was almost dead.

The very next day I had work again (This time a full shift, 8 hours). I cleared all of my notifications and turned WiFi off, and then put the Vita in sleep mode (on a full charge). When I returned from work, the Vita still had a decent amount of battery power left.

So yeah, just make sure you clear all of your notifications and turn Wi-Fi off and it should last you

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4789 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I usually turn off my wifi when i don't use my vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (2,234 Views)