Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 17 2012
By: Styyx3 First Son 1 posts

Solution: Error C1-2738-0 Could not sync with the server

8 replies 4223 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

I was experiencing an error with my PS Vita, Error C1-2738-0

I first experienced it when starting TOM: Blitz "An error has occurred. (C1-2738-0)" if I press "ok" then it says "Could not prepare the application to start." However the application is running fine in the background. TOM: Blitz goes through the loading screen, game music starts, and main menu appears normal ONLY in the background before I click "ok" on the "An error has occurred. (C1-2738-0)"  pop-up.

Then when trying to sync Trophies it would say "Could not sync with the server. (C1-2738-0)"

ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS: 

- I deleted TOM; Blitz and re-installed. Problem still occurs.

- Powered off, remove memory card, boot Welcome Park, Power off, put memory card back in, boot Trophy app then "Could not sync with the server. (C1-2738-0)"

- Powered off, remove memory card, Power back on, boot Trophy app then "Could not sync with the server. (C1-2738-0)"

- Deleted new "Treasures" app/game. Error code still appears

The only "difference" I could think of since this error occured is the Firmware 1.80 update and me getting 1 Trophy in TOM: Blitz. I fear that any game I play now, should I get a trophy, could cause this issue. 

BUT THEN...

I found a SOLUTION to the error code C1-2738-0 without a full format (Don't be fooled by my 13 bullet points, I want to be as detailed as possible)

First I manually transferred everything to my PC (just in case). I didn't do a "Backup" I just transferred Application Data, Music, Videos and Pictures manually (select all then copy)

- I turned off my PS VITA

- I pulled my Memory Card out

- I turned on my PS VITA (without the Memory Card)

- I went to Settings > Format > Restore the PS Vita System

- It prompted me to Deactivate my PSN account before restoring, I said "yes" and it deactivated my account

- I proceeded to Restore the PS Vita System

- Once complete, I turned on my PS Vita (still without my memory card) and went straight to Trophies

- Clicked on PlayStation Network Trophies (no error code)

- I then turned off my PS Vita, re-insert the memory card and turn it back on

- After the "Updating Database" I check the Trophy app again (no error code)

- All my information from my Memory Card was still there so I booted TOM: Blitz (no error code) game started, got the the main screen, played 1 game, at the end of my first TOM: Blitz game, I received the last Trophy I got before the error code issue (which never got synced because of error C1-2738-0)

- I immeadiately went into Trophies and synced my Trophies (no error code)

- I restarted TOM:Blitz just in case and everything works great (nothing lost in-game)

Hope this helps those that didn't want to do a full format. Remember to go to Settings > PlayStation Network > Activation to re-activate your PS Vita.

Hopefully the new update will fix this and no one will have to go through those steps.

Back to Gaming!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (4,223 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Re: Solution: Error C1-2738-0 Could not sync with the server

Oct 26, 2012
Thanks got me up and running again
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (4,064 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Its a trophy issue. Just open your trophies app and sync your trophies from the playstation network. You don't need to format or reset your settings. I don't know why this happens. Probably a program glitch when the application tries to load the trophies that you already have.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (3,993 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 10, 2012

THX MAN IM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPY  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (3,882 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3322 posts

Nov 12, 2012

dei_remus wrote:

Its a trophy issue. Just open your trophies app and sync your trophies from the playstation network. You don't need to format or reset your settings. I don't know why this happens. Probably a program glitch when the application tries to load the trophies that you already have.

You can't SYNC your trophies via PSN side of the trophies app. The error is on the PS Vita System side of the app. That's where you have Sync with server option.

I have this same issue as the OP. It's not about TOM Blitz trophies though. I haven't gotten a trophy in TOM Blitz in a long time, one day last week I opened it up and voila! Error just like the OP. The only things I'd done previous to the last successful time I played were start Motorstorm RC and close it before it fully opened. Took my LBPV card out and put AC3 Liberation card in, installed that, played that. The next thing was ... error when starting TOM Blitz.

So I'm going to restore my system without my card in as the OP said he did, and I'll report back.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (3,846 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3322 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I resolved my errors too. Finally able to play TOM Blitz for the first time in many days :smileyhappy:

I turned off my PS Vita. Took out my game card and the memory card. 

I turned my PS Vita on. Went to Settings/Format/Restore PS Vita System ... did all the steps. (Including restart & frustrating re-setup ...)

I turned my PS Vita  off. Put my memory card back in.

I turned my PS Vita on. Checked Trophies. PSN trophies all there. None in PS Vita System, no error.

I started TOM Blitz and it worked fine. No error.

I started Trophies again and it wanted to Sync to Server since I'd played a game (but gotten no new trophies) so I had my PS Vita System trophies showing TOM Blitz there now.

I put LBPV card in and started that game up. I had to re-download my online licence via PS Store. Once I did that, all my stuff was there and working. Shut that down. Went to my Trophies again, it auto Synced again, even though I hadn't earned anything new, just started the game that I already had some from. Then LBPV showed up in PS Vita System trophies too.

Doing this isn't what I want to do again, having to re-do all the bubbles and backgrounds and Wi-Fi & all the other system settings. 

This is a problem for many people, TOM Blitz site affirms it and this is the only way to fix it, which might not be a perm. fix, but in any case it'll help for awhile at the least. They don't say what it causing it, but only that Sony knows about it and it'll be fixed in PS Vita firmware 2.0 ... whenever that is (no clue!)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (3,841 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Dec 6, 2012
This just happened to me today, possibly from Uncharted: Fight for Fortune. Your fix works great, thanks! One thing to keep in mind is that you have to open every game you had before in order to add its trophies to the local ("PS Vita System") section of the trophy app.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (3,556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 16, 2012
the trohpy sync advise worked for me. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (3,436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2013

I'm experiencing a slighlty similar problem. For some reason my vita won't let me delete escape plan, it says 'could not delete this content'. So I tried to put the saved data on my 1gb online storage (ps plus), to see if it would delete it then, only for it to say 'C1-2738-0'. What I find so ennoying is this means I have absolutly no space left oI the memory card. I'm not sure if your solution will work.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,419 Views)
0 Likes