Dec 10 2012
By: Ew00kie Splicer 51 posts

Purchased PSN Vita games not being recognized as purchased in the PSN Store?!

4 replies 185 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

They show up in my Download History but while in the PSN Store they dont show up as being purchased when i want to re-download them to my Vita or PS3.

These are the Games with the issue:

Lumines

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Little Deviants

Motorstorm RC

Rayman Origins

I have about 10 other Vita games which show up properly in the Store without any issues.

I know i can download them from my Download History but I have about 2500 items in my Download History and there is no way to sort the download history and it takes like 5-10 minutes to just go half way through the list to find something thus i use the PS Store to quickly locate them in order to download them without this issue.  Also I already have a 32GB Memory Card for my Vita I have to delete my games when i buy new ones because I have about 15 Vita Games and about 40 PSP games and about 30 PS1 Games which makes it completely impossible to store them all on a single card.  I wish the would make a Vita Game Card that acted like a Memory Stick to enable 2 Cards of Memory this could potentially double the Memory Options of the Vita!

So what should i do to fix this issue with the PS Store not recognizing my purchased content!

Message 1 of 5 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21783 posts

Re: Purchased PSN Vita games not being recognized as purchased in the PSN Store?!

Dec 10, 2012

You need to call Playstation customer support at 800-345-SONY.  There is nothing that anyone in the forum can do about problems with the Playstation Store data.

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Re: Purchased PSN Vita games not being recognized as purchased in the PSN Store?!

Dec 11, 2012

So spoke w/ Customer Support Dept and they said they don't know what the issue is because they have not heard of anyone else having this issue and they redericted me to create a post on here which I have already done basically stating that someone on the forums may be able to fix my issue better.  Is that amazing givin the fact that the people on here have already redirected me to them sounds like sony is just giving me the prescripted response and after i explained the issue again was just told to write on the forums means they really don't care about my issue.

Perfect example is that i can check my Transaction History and it shows the funds required to purchase the games in question and yet the PS Store still doesn't realize it has been purchased already.  Yes its in my Download List but when you own almost 100 GB of PS Vita PS1 and PSP data its impossible for me to store it all on my PS Vita and even more difficult to make a scavenger hunt out of locating it in my collection of 2500 downloads in the Download List.

I am starting to wonder why i spend 5-10,000 dollars a year on a company that is just going to give me a run around!

Message 3 of 5 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1761 posts

Dec 12, 2012

And after hesring this and others like it. What place is sony in with this console war. Did I hear someone say third? And how many are out there. Did I hear three?

Message 4 of 5 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
21783 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Your case is not typical.  Sony didn't design PSN with the expectation that anyone would have thousands of items in their downloads list, or that anyone would spend enough money in the Playstation Store to accumulate that many items.  Frankly I think that is way too much money to spend on DRM-protected, single-platform, digital content that is tied to a single PSN account.  If your account was banned for some reason, you would lose a small fortune in content; and you will lose it all when the PS3 license servers are shut down, which will happen someday.  That aside, SCEA isn't American Express.  Their customer support policies don't take into account how much business you have done with the company.  You clearly expect that your exceptionally large number of purchases warrant special consideration from customer support, but Sony has no provisions for that, and the customer support representatives don't have the discretion to make exceptions to policy for elite customers.  There is no elite customer program.  There would probably need to be  more of you before one would be created.  Lastly, there is really nothing that customer support can do about your problem except to report it to Playstation Store development.  It would be hard for development to even do anything about your problem without having access to your PS3.  There have been a lot of small problems with the new Playstation Store, but this problem has not been reported by anyone else lately.  That suggests that the sheer number of purchases that you have has exceeded some undocumented internal limit in the Playstation Store software.  My advice is to report the problem via e-mail as a software problem with the Playstation Store, which is what it must be if the transaction records are correct and the items are still in the downloads list.  E-mail tickets are more likely to be forwarded to someone that can actually solve the problem. Then be prepared to wait a while.  A problem like this may take some time to fix.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes