Dec 12 2012
By: su43berkut17 Splicer 53 posts

Ps Vita cloud save not working for little big planet vita

3 replies 568 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

Hello, the only reason I bought PS Plus was because I wanted to keep my little big planet save file safe because the game is too buggy and tends to corrupt it. However every time I want to upload my savefile I get this error:

2012-12-12-090139.jpg

Why! My connection is fine so I'm sure it has something to do with the cloud, maybe it times out because the files in little big planet are big (my save data is 99mb right now) this needs to be fixed because I can't backup the whole game locally, I have the digital version and copying the whole game everytime (around 2gb) I want to backup my savedata is disgusting, it takes a lot of time and it makes no sense. Any ideas? I hope I get a response :/

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (568 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13159 posts

Re: Ps Vita cloud save not working for little big planet vita

Dec 12, 2012

Well 99MB is certainly large for a save data file, but it is only 10% of the total storage available for Vita save data in online storage.  Also, it isn't guaranteed that all save data can be copied to online storage.  It is up to the game to support that.  PS Vita online storage was just introduced last month, and almost all Vita games were released, or at least finished, long before that.  Did you install the latest update for the LBP? The game may require an update to support online storage.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 14, 2012

I know, it's been like this for lbp vita and lbp psp as well, even a new file save, they are huge O.o'

After trying for hours I finally uploaded it, the sad part is that the progress bar does not move, apparently the progress bar only moves when the file is done, so if I upload 3 save files it will move 3 parts, I think its useless XD it should show how much of the save file is uploaded as well. Yes I tried to upload my savefile after updating lbp to the last version and having a new version savefile as well.

Thanks ^.^/

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (536 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
183 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I also have the same problem, although my save file is only 62MB.  I have no idea why that file needs to be so large, when most other Vita games are under 1MB.

When I leave my Vita on standby overnight, all my saved data is uploaded except for LBP.  When I check the error history it says that the LBP save file couldn't be uploaded.  But if I manually upload the LBP save file, it works just fine.  Takes a lot of waiting, but it eventually works.

Maybe the auto-upload has an automatic timeout that cancels the process if it's taking too long.  If that's the case, Sony needs to release a system software patch to fix that.  Or, they need to make the LBP save file size more manageable.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (430 Views)
0 Likes