Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2013
By: R3dRaBb1Tz First Son 1 posts

Please help! Spyro trilogy to VITA!

3 replies 905 views Edited Jan 21, 2013
I brought the Spyro trilogy today but when I connected the vita to the ps3 and tried to transfer it over via content manager it kept saying there was files to transfer. Could someone please help me because I spent $15 (AUD) and I don't want it to be wasted. As I had never played the spyro games I was really looking forward to this.
Message 1 of 4 (905 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8459 posts

Re: Please help! Spyro trilogy to VITA!

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

The Spyro PSOne games are not yet compatible with Vita.  I imagine it is only a matter of time before they are.  More PSOne titles are being Vita 'certified' each week.  Just need to exercise a little patience on the matter.

For the record, I'm looking forward to playing them on the Vita as well.  The Oddworld (original PSOne) games look amazing on the Vita's screen.

If you are in a rush to play Spyro on the Vita, you can remote play them (All PSOne titles can be remote played).

Message 2 of 4 (896 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15432 posts

Jan 22, 2013

There is no guarantee that the Spyro trilogy, or any of the PS1 Classics, will ever be certified for the Vita.  Sony only committed to have at least 100 PS1 Classics available to play on the Vita, and we are already over 100.  None were added for the last month of 2012, and the only ones added this year so far have been Disney licensed games for kids.  Also, certifications are different for each region, so even if it was available here, it wouldn't necessarily be available in Australia. Never buy any PS1 Classic or PSP game under the assumption that it will be certified on the Vita later.  That may not happen, and you are not entitled to a refund if it does not.  

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (881 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 22, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

There is no guarantee that the Spyro trilogy, or any of the PS1 Classics, will ever be certified for the Vita.  Sony only committed to have at least 100 PS1 Classics available to play on the Vita, and we are already over 100.  None were added for the last month of 2012, and the only ones added this year so far have been Disney licensed games for kids.  Also, certifications are different for each region, so even if it was available here, it wouldn't necessarily be available in Australia. Never buy any PS1 Classic or PSP game under the assumption that it will be certified on the Vita later.  That may not happen, and you are not entitled to a refund if it does not.  

that is just inexcusable. that is horrible service. These aren't obscure titles. These are some of the most beloved PS1 classics ever. For them to promise PS1 classics, but not include spyro and crash is just unfathomable.

and they wonder why people use unscrupulous means to work around their hardware

Message 4 of 4 (873 Views)
0 Likes