Feb 27 2013
By: mochuuu SCEA 1489 posts

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS Vita / PSP Compatability

[ Edited ]
OFFICIAL POST
6 replies 19207 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

Some of you have noticed that Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, a PS One Classic that is playable on PS3, but does not play on PSP and PS Vita.

The title should have been set up to be compatable on PSP and PS Vita, however, at this time, it will not be able to be downloaded on to these devices. We're on it! 

I've blocked this thread from replies so you can easily subscribe to it and be notified when we make an update on this issue. The goal is to ensure this game can be played on PS Vita as intended. I do not have an ETA on this at the moment, but to manage expectations, worst case scenario (again, worst case scenario), it may be a few weeks. 

Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for the inconveneince. 

UPATE 1 - 2/28 @ 2:13pm PST

Hi everyone, 

At this time, we are still pursuing a fix on this, but there is no overall solution just yet. for PSP owners, if you own a PSP, you may be able to download on PS3 and then transfer to your PSP, however this is not available for PS Vita users. 

We hope to have more updates if not by the weekend, then by next week. Thank you for your patience. 

UPDATE 2 - 3/1 @ 2:17pm PST

We recently completed the PSP and PS Vita compatability on the ESRB website for this title; a neccessary step in order to get the game set up for compatability with PSP and PS Vita officially in the PlayStation Store. 

From here, we need to get that product set up to be updated in the PlayStation Store. Once that's completed, the issue will be fixed; however I do not have an estimate on when that will be complete. 

I will update this space when either the issue has been fixed, or I have an estimate on the time frame to completion. 

UPDATE 3 - 3/7 @ 11:16am PST

You can now download this title on to your PS3 and transfer to your PS Vita, as well as your PSP. 

We will continue to work to get this title directly downloadable on your PS Vita and PSP, but for now this is a workaround to getting the game on these systems. 

UPDATE 4 - 3/8 @ 10:17am PST

Just received confirmation that this title will be downloadable on PSP and PS Vita when the PlayStation Store updates on March 12th. So PSP and PS Vita owners who don't have access to a PS3 to load the game on to their portable devices will then be able to download it directly. 

Remember, that the PS Store updates anywhere from 9am - 7pm PST, but follow @PlayStation on Twitter or watch the PlayStation Blog as those channels will announce when the PS Store Update is completely live. 

Message 1 of 7 (19,207 Views)
Highlighted
SCEA
1489 posts

Re: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS Vita / PSP Compatability

OFFICIAL POST
Feb 28, 2013

UPATE 1 - 2/28 @ 2:13pm PST

Hi everyone, 

At this time, we are still pursuing a fix on this, but there is no overall solution just yet. for PSP owners, if you own a PSP, you may be able to download on PS3 and then transfer to your PSP, however this is not available for PS Vita users. 

We hope to have more updates if not by the weekend, then by next week. Thank you for your patience. 

Message 2 of 7 (14,193 Views)
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Mar 1, 2013

Hi everyone, 

We recently completed the PSP and PS Vita compatability on the ESRB website for this title; a neccessary step in order to get the game set up for compatability with PSP and PS Vita officially in the PlayStation Store. 

From here, we need to get that product set up to be updated in the PlayStation Store. Once that's completed, the issue will be fixed; however I do not have an estimate on when that will be complete. 

I will update this space when either the issue has been fixed, or I have an estimate on the time frame to completion. 

Thank you for your patience on this one, 

Message 3 of 7 (13,678 Views)
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Mar 7, 2013

Hi everyone, 

You can now download this title on to your PS3 and transfer to your PS Vita, as well as your PSP. 

We will continue to work to get this title directly downloadable on your PS Vita and PSP, but for now this is a workaround to getting the game on these systems. 

Message 4 of 7 (11,024 Views)
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Mar 8, 2013

Just received confirmation that this title will be downloadable on PSP and PS Vita when the PlayStation Store updates on March 12th. So PSP and PS Vita owners who don't have access to a PS3 to load the game on to their portable devices will then be able to download it directly. 

Remember, that the PS Store updates anywhere from 9am - 7pm PST, but follow @PlayStation on Twitter or watch the PlayStation Blog as those channels will announce when the PS Store Update is completely live. 

Thanks for your patience on this issue. 

Message 5 of 7 (10,568 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Mar 12, 2013

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment is now live on the PS Vita and PSP PlayStation Store. 

Message 6 of 7 (8,973 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Mar 12, 2013

Hi everyone, 

Looks like the PSP version is not yet downloadable on the PS Store on the PSP, only on the PS Vita. 

We will work with the PlayStation Store to get this on to the PSP PlayStation Store as well. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Message 7 of 7 (8,933 Views)