Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2013
By: CptHagbardCeline First Son 1 posts

PS Vita won't boot and can't enter recovery mode

2 replies 927 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

I was playing Persona 4 Golden yesterday night, before I went to bed. I hit the PS-Button during gameplay to deactivate the AVLS and when I wanted to return to the game, it was completely unresponsive, meaning no button I hit could make the dialogue I was in advance. Because it was already late I decided to deal with the issue the next day and I just hit the power-button to put the device to sleep.

This morning I wanted to wake up the system the usual way, by pressing the power-button. But it didn't work. Also the PS-button remained completly dark. Since I had dealt with freezes in past, I just tried the ususal 20-second-power-button-reset, but no recovery menu appeard. Then I tried it for over two minutes and nothing happened. I also tried the power-button-PS-button-R-button-reset, but the result was the same. Nothing. Not even a flicker on the PS-button.

Then I decided to try an plug the Vita into my PS3, but once I plugged it in, the PS-Button flashed rapidly in orange (not the usual "My battery is too low flicker, it was way faster). The same thing happened when I plugged it into my PC. Only when I connected the charger to a wall outlet, it showed the familiar constant orange glow, which indicates that the battery is charging. Now I tried to use the various reset-options while the Vita was charging, but none (well the two I described earlier are the only two I know of) would work.

The only things that happened were that when I pressed the power-button, the orange light would flicker after a few seconds, but then come back on an remain this way. The same thing happened when I hit the PS-button while pressing the power-button, but only then. It wouldn't flicker, when I hit the PS-button alone.

Right now it's fully charged, which is indicated by the fact that the orange light went out about half an hour ago and everytime I plug the Vita back in it stays on for a minute or so and then goes out again. But other than that there is no change, meaning I still can't get it to boot or at least enter recovery mode.

Bottom line: My Vita won't boot, won't enter recovery mode and the only lifesign is the orange light when I charge the battery.

Message 1 of 3 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
633 posts

Re: PS Vita won't boot and can't enter recovery mode

Feb 6, 2013

CptHagbardCeline wrote:

I was playing Persona 4 Golden yesterday night, before I went to bed. I hit the PS-Button during gameplay to deactivate the AVLS and when I wanted to return to the game, it was completely unresponsive, meaning no button I hit could make the dialogue I was in advance. Because it was already late I decided to deal with the issue the next day and I just hit the power-button to put the device to sleep.

This morning I wanted to wake up the system the usual way, by pressing the power-button. But it didn't work. Also the PS-button remained completly dark. Since I had dealt with freezes in past, I just tried the ususal 20-second-power-button-reset, but no recovery menu appeard. Then I tried it for over two minutes and nothing happened. I also tried the power-button-PS-button-R-button-reset, but the result was the same. Nothing. Not even a flicker on the PS-button.

Then I decided to try an plug the Vita into my PS3, but once I plugged it in, the PS-Button flashed rapidly in orange (not the usual "My battery is too low flicker, it was way faster). The same thing happened when I plugged it into my PC. Only when I connected the charger to a wall outlet, it showed the familiar constant orange glow, which indicates that the battery is charging. Now I tried to use the various reset-options while the Vita was charging, but none (well the two I described earlier are the only two I know of) would work.

The only things that happened were that when I pressed the power-button, the orange light would flicker after a few seconds, but then come back on an remain this way. The same thing happened when I hit the PS-button while pressing the power-button, but only then. It wouldn't flicker, when I hit the PS-button alone.

Right now it's fully charged, which is indicated by the fact that the orange light went out about half an hour ago and everytime I plug the Vita back in it stays on for a minute or so and then goes out again. But other than that there is no change, meaning I still can't get it to boot or at least enter recovery mode.

Bottom line: My Vita won't boot, won't enter recovery mode and the only lifesign is the orange light when I charge the battery.

Have you tried with another AC cable by chance? Even if it appears to be charged, it's possible there's a problem with the AC charger and it's giving false positives regarding your battery. Because you've already tried it with just USB, see if you can get ahold of another temporarily to test it. 

If that doesn't work, it sounds like you might need to send it in for repairs.

-insert cool sig here.
Message 2 of 3 (881 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16912 posts

Re: PS Vita won't boot and can't enter recovery mode

Feb 6, 2013

There isn't anything that you can do at this point except to send it in for repair.  If you are sure that it is charged, and it won't boot, go into safe mode, or even stay powered on for one minute; then it is pretty much game-over for the hardware.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (878 Views)
0 Likes