Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 26 2012
By: noemartinez1995 First Son 2 posts

PS Vita nat type 3 problem

6 replies 2266 views Edited May 26, 2012

Hey i have a problem with my ps vita not being able to connect to the  psn the router i have is a linksys wrtn120. I'm tired of not being able  to use my ps vita to the fullest please help me with my problem thank  you.

Message 1 of 7 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16912 posts

Re: PS Vita nat type 3 problem

May 26, 2012

It's probably a problem with your router configuration, unless your Internet service is something other than cable modem, DSL, or FiOS; in which case it might be an issue with your ISP. Make sure that Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) is enabled on your router.  Also the firewall should be configured to allow unlimited outgoing connections.

GKP
Message 2 of 7 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 26, 2012

how do i know if the (upnp) is enabled?

Message 3 of 7 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16912 posts

May 28, 2012

You have to log in to the web interface of the router using a web browser, and check the router settings.  The instructions for doing so are in the manual for the router.  Some routers won't allow you to do that wirelessly by default, so you may have to connect to the router using a PC, or other device that can connect to the router with an Ethernet cable.

GKP
Message 4 of 7 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 29, 2012

This problem is so annoying. Ive had an issue with my PS3 and now the Vita. What worked for me is I had to go into my AT&T DSL modem (Motorola 2210-02) change this setting "Let LAN device share Internet Address?" to Yes, use public IP address. The default is No, use private IP address. After that my PS3 was NAT Type 2. I didnt have to do anything on the PS3 side just connect to the internet, but then my Vita was still NAT Type 3. So then I had to set a static IP address on my Vita and go into my Belkin Wireless Router (Belkin F5D7234-4 Wireless-G Router) and put my Vita's IP into DMZ. After that my Vita was NAT Type 2. Not sure if that is the safest way, but absolutely nothing else was working for me.

Message 5 of 7 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16912 posts

May 29, 2012

A host in the DMZ will never be NAT 3, unless there is another firewall in the network somewhere; so that does work.  You always want to get a public IP address from the modem, but the address needs to be assigned to your router.  Your router will assign private IP addresses to each host on the LAN, including both consoles; but that won't cause you to go to NAT 3 by itself.  Did you enable uPnP?   

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 5, 2012

im having the same problem with the NAT  3 thing, i've enabled the upnp and all the port forwardings and everything that was said in these last messages!!!!!:smileymad: i don't know what to do!!! i need help

Message 7 of 7 (1,724 Views)
0 Likes