Mar 06 2012
By: CyberMeerkat First Son 2 posts

PS Vita Screen Issues

10 replies 1044 views Edited Mar 6, 2012

Hello American friends i'm from England/UK and i was wondering if you guys are having issues with the PS VITA screen. I pre-ordered a ps vita from Amazon.co.uk when it arrived i was all exited just like everyone else but that excitement didn't last long. When i turned on the PS VITA i was expecting a colourful vivid OLED screen but that wasn't the case. The screen was grainy on light colours but on greyish dark colours you can see vertical lines which are really annoying during gameplay. So i got a replacement from Amazon which is my second PS VITA and guess what exactly the same issue with the vertical lines which has really p*ssed me off so now i'm waiting for my third PS VITA just thank god that Amazon are amazing with replacements.

So the reason i'm making this post on a American forum is because i'm wondering if any of you guys are experiencing any of theses issues.

Here's a example of the screen issue i'm having.

photo.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS Vita Screen Issues

Mar 6, 2012

Also the best way to make theses vertical lines more noticeable is to set the home screen wallpaper to the brown colour then put the brightness to the lowest.

Message 2 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I am in the us and also have vertical lines mostly on grays and browns. I was hoping somebody who works withsony would comment on this. Should I return it or is this common with OLED displays?

Message 3 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 10, 2012

hey bud I have been following your posts from the EU forums and buddy I have been through 7 PS Vita systems and each has the same lines on the screen but some are worse than others I got my first 6 six systems from Gamestop and all terrible with dark lines that and very large black spots that could be seen even in the light by tilting it so I got feed up and return my system and got my money back and never will I buy my system there they dont care about their stock and through things that are not suppose to be treated like that than I went to another store (Bestbuy) and purchased one and it was the best I seen it has very faint lines you really have to look close to see it and a little dot of black very unnoticeable even in the dark. My opinion keep exchanging until you are happy until they tell you that you cant anymore, they say the lines are not common than why has all the systems I tried have the same problems just different amounts of it. Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I am rather surprised by the lack of a response from Sony to a post in their Support Forum. Honest answers to these questions could prevent me from returning my Vita.

Message 5 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 13, 2012

mklover I got mine from bestbuy and the lines are very faint and little to none black splotches.

Message 6 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Both units i have owned had them faint vertical lines also. I'm currently on my second unit. First one I got had a stuck pixel that was green with the vertical lines. Got my second one which was pixel perfect but still the faint vertical lines on grey and brown like backgrounds. So I assume this is normal. My buddy had them on his too. But other than that the screen looks brilliant when the colors are flowing in game and watching videos and such. Seen some other threads on this too on some other forums so I assume just another oled thing. Overall I'm satisfied. Sony should clarify if this is normal. But for now I will assume it is giving my research on the issue, Having went through 2 units and seeing my pals showing the same thing. Hope this has been somewhat informal based on my experience. Good day!

Message 7 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Thanks it is reassuring that others have the same thing. It would be nice for an official response from sony on the issue. I love my vita and don't want to return it in fear of getting a worse screen.

Message 8 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Yeah its funny but I have a hard time believing people that they say that they have no vertical lines when I have been through 8 PS Vita all with lines but the one I purchased from Best Buy has them very faint and can only be noticed it a very dark colour like dark blue and dark greens and such, I think that people believe their system is line free but my guess is that they haven't went close up to the screen to see them or they are as faint as mine is not noticable far back. I'm hoping that Sony with there next system revision they fix the issue like the psp did.

Message 9 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2012

Bumping so this stays at the top and maybe Sony will offer some actual support to their loyal customers who bought a new system on launch.

Message 10 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes