Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Re: Netflix on the Vita still not working for me.

Jan 21, 2013

claimall wrote:

So I am having the same problem and my vita has not been able to watch any netflix movies either and I am getting the same message. I have gone through all the steps and have exhausted most options. I thought we could bump heads and figure this thing out.

From what I gather, sony doesnt have any legitimate solution to our problem and netflix is not going to give any advice worth a dam either. There is one more idea that I am going to kick around now that we have eliminated some options and that is to play with the router and/or modem and contact the internet service provider.

They are the only ones I have yet to confront with this issue. Also, this is just a hunch but I believe the order of operations is vital to the solution of this problem. I am going to scientifically break down this problem by recording the order in which I do things on a sheet of paper until I have eliminated my options. I suggest you do the same. I think we can figure this thing out.

I will repost with more info as I break this problem down. Good Luck. We should get pizaid for our work!

Alright! Though as you can see, I have tried A LOT of things that have yet to resolve the issue. But like you, if I ever find a soluton, I will let you all know! Let me know if you get it fixed or find out any new info! Thanks! This is turning into a big problem.

Message 31 of 43 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 26, 2013

It's a shame to see that this is a problem still. I just bought a vita yesterday (stupid PS4 got me hyped .. I know I know) and was super excited that not only was netflix on it but there was a newer version since some people were having issues with a  previous version. I have tried soooo many things, exhausting both netflix's 'support' and searching around on forums to find nothing. I guess I hope that hulu gets their app  on the vita soon, so at least I can watch some streaming content (aside from youtube of course). If you guys figure anything out (or if I somehow get it fixed) I will definitely reply back as well. Has anyone limited the scope to see if its an app problem/account problem/hardware?

Message 32 of 43 (297 Views)
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

fourteen00 wrote:

It's a shame to see that this is a problem still. I just bought a vita yesterday (stupid PS4 got me hyped .. I know I know) and was super excited that not only was netflix on it but there was a newer version since some people were having issues with a  previous version. I have tried soooo many things, exhausting both netflix's 'support' and searching around on forums to find nothing. I guess I hope that hulu gets their app  on the vita soon, so at least I can watch some streaming content (aside from youtube of course). If you guys figure anything out (or if I somehow get it fixed) I will definitely reply back as well. Has anyone limited the scope to see if its an app problem/account problem/hardware?

I agree. It sucks because it was a launch app on Vita a year and a month ago actually, and they have yet to even care people are still having problems with the app. Fortunately, Crackle has AT LEAST been announced for Vita. And they seem to get movies Netflix no longer has in their instant streams and more. Besides ads, they have some pretty awesome movies. I don't yet know if it's an app or account problem. I have tried many times re-downloading the app and updates, and have formatted my memory card to make sure it wasn't some error on it preventing the app from working. None of those worked. I am continually searching for a solution, but in the mean time, bookmark this thread and check back regularly! Thanks for help!

Message 33 of 43 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Jun 3, 2013

It seems Netflix on the PS3 keeps getting updates, but the Vita version is just perfect? Because there have been zero updates for months so it still does not work for me. 

Message 34 of 43 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jul 30, 2013

i'm having the exact same proplem.  tried everything this thread discussed and no solution. 

Message 35 of 43 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Texan wrote:

i'm having the exact same proplem.  tried everything this thread discussed and no solution. 

That's because there is still no solution. I guess it's not widespread. Which sucks since that

is really the only way anything ever gets fixed. 

Message 36 of 43 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Aug 18, 2013
U could try uninstalling the app, go the Netflix site on pc and deactivate all devices (since u can't do one) unless maybe u ask them through chat to deactivate all Vitas. Reintall the app and enter info so now it tell Netflix its a new device. I've never had any Netflix issues.
Message 37 of 43 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Naydog101 wrote:
U could try uninstalling the app, go the Netflix site on pc and deactivate all devices (since u can't do one) unless maybe u ask them through chat to deactivate all Vitas. Reintall the app and enter info so now it tell Netflix its a new device. I've never had any Netflix issues.

I tried deactivating all devices about a month after the Vita came out. It didn't work unfortunately. Now I have even more devices that play Netflix and play them fine. The Vita has simply never worked one time for me, even after all the trouble shooting I have been through with people on the forums. Not one solution Smiley Frustrated

Message 38 of 43 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Sep 5, 2013

I'm bumping this post because there is still no solution to this problem. I'm hoping Sony will see this one day and make Netflix fix this. Its a really annoying problem I can't believe still exists.

Message 39 of 43 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Sep 6, 2013

I'm assuming everyone made sure that no one else was accessing netflix from your account, or you didnt have them running as you can only have 3 things watching at a time, and I believe only have netflix associated with 5 devices, not sure about that though.  Besides that hmmm.. Its not happening to me so i cant trouble shoot from this end but if I think of anything Ill post back.

Message 40 of 43 (130 Views)
0 Likes